Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 32290 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2007, 10:35:37 PM »

**Sun 21 Sep 03**
I SNUBBED AXL??? WHAT ?!!!

Ed: This is Brian's reply to the ARTICLE in Classic Rock October 2003, page 10, titled "NO THANKS, AXL"

I snubbed AXL??? WHAT ?!!!

This is complete Horse-Poo - a deliberate mis-quote as far as I can tell, to make a cheap headline.

Who makes this stuff up??

I was NEVER, NEVER asked to join Guns n Roses. The truth is I was invited by Axl to play on 3 tracks a while ago, on the album which they were making in L.A. I had a great time playing, and interacting with the guys, and I was hugely impressed wihth the material they'd already put down. To me Axl is one of the great untamed talents of our age. Since the album is stil not released I have no idea if the tracks I played on are still in consideration. But I'm damn sure it will be worth waiting for!

P.S. I also NEVER would have given away the titles of songs I had heard - I regarded the whole experience as confidential. I am VERY upset that this writer has made it look like I blabbed.

God, I HATE journalists. Fabrications like this can destroy friendships.

Brian

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=824

**Thu 02 Mar 06**
CATCHER IN THE RYE, CHINESE DEMOCRACY LEAKS AND AXL ROSE

ah yes ...

"Catcher in the Rye" is a great track .. I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week .... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions. I had flown out to LA specially to play on the record for Axl. I've sat on whatever I have or know about these songs ever since that moment .... out of respect for Axl .... confidentiality is part of respect for me. So I will watch with interest. I like the track a lot and always did ... and it still sounds very fresh ... the thing that hits you first is that incredible, incredible voice ... we've been missing it for far too long. Axl is magic.

Love
Bri

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Thu 08 Jun 06**
AXL IS MAGIC

See LETTERS:Yes, it was on the cards for me to play with Axl and his boys last night - but I was unable to get to their sound-check, and, without that kind of preparation, I felt that going on 'blind' might have been a risk. Now I totally don't mind taking risks, but not if it's a risk of messing up someone else's show !! The up-side was that because I was not going on, I could sit out front, and totally relax and enjoy the show, without having to think about my own stuff. (Also it did occur to me later on that probably 3 guitarists is more than enough ! ha ha! Great band, though. ) I thought Axl was stunning .... riveting .... I have seldom seen Hammersmith Odeon in such a state of electric hyper- energy. Just before the band went on, I thought I could actually see sparks in the air !! There have been very few performers in the world, ever, who could elicit that kind of response. And just hearing that voice, drinking it in, letting it drench the soul, was pure therapy - enough to keep the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end the whole night. Axl, as ever, is magic. Cheers
bri

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »

Good work Ali.  Lets just forget it.  I read it somewhere, but its too much work to find.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2007, 05:22:46 PM »

Don't be lazy smokin. Go and find it! it must be horse poo. full of of misquotes, deliberate or not.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »

ppbebe, I was just an interview with Brian maybe in Rollingstone or something.  He didn't say anything mean, just said Axl hasn't found a true replacement for Slash.  Is that so hard to beleive? 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2007, 05:55:33 PM »

ppbebe, I was just an interview with Brian maybe in Rollingstone or something.  He didn't say anything mean, just said Axl hasn't found a true replacement for Slash.  Is that so hard to beleive? 

Yes it is considering in all the quotes Ali posted, Brian had nothing but positive things to say about Axl and the band.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »

Chinese, it was a long time ago when the likes of Navarro, and Zakk, and Bucket, and Fink were all there... He was just saying how there are so many different player cause he hadn't found one.  His opinions were probably prior to the 2002 lineup.  Also understand that Brian is a great friend and fan of Slash's, so maybe he was being pc..
Ali
Legend

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2007, 03:27:59 AM »

Chinese, it was a long time ago when the likes of Navarro, and Zakk, and Bucket, and Fink were all there... He was just saying how there are so many different player cause he hadn't found one.? His opinions were probably prior to the 2002 lineup.? Also understand that Brian is a great friend and fan of Slash's, so maybe he was being pc..

Honestly man, I went through all that to satisfy my own curiousity more than anything.  I didn't remember Brian May saying anything like that and I wanted to be sure.  I think that perhaps it was someone else that said that, maybe Zakk Wylde or someone, during the time Brian May was working on the GN'R songs, and the names got mixed up.  It happens.  I just wanted to satisfy my own curiousity about it.

Ali
CSS
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »

Look, he didn't say anything about Slash or any former member of Guns N' Roses... (Other than they were a great band onstage)

The only thing he said was that Axl and the band was "magic" and how the tracks he'd heard and recorded on were amazing - he said it in 1999 and he said the exact same thing in 2006.

That. Is. It.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »

yes totally. it's hard to believe that brian, a friend with the formers as he might have been, should say axl hasn't found right people after he heard the materials and stated that the guitarist that axl had been working with on new album had sort of replaced Slash. Or he's not as stable as he seems.

If a decade ago, maybe not. Didn't some article claim that a few bignames were called in to mediate between axl and slash then? also In another article there was a quote of axls guitar teacher recalling something to that effect. about 1997/8, nothing relevant.  It has nothing to do with cd, current GN'R, or this thread.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

ppbebe, I was just an interview with Brian maybe in Rollingstone or something.? He didn't say anything mean, just said Axl hasn't found a true replacement for Slash.? Is that so hard to beleive??

yes totally. it's hard to believe that brian, a friend with the formers as he might have been, should say axl hasn't found right people after he heard the materials and stated that the guitarist that axl had been working with on new album had sort of replaced Slash. Or he's not as stable as he seems.

If a decade ago, maybe not. Didn't some article claim that a few bignames were called in to mediate between axl and slash then? also In another article there was a quote of axls guitar teacher recalling something to that effect. about 1997/8, nothing relevant.? It has nothing to do with cd, current GN'R, or this thread.

Since nobody will side with me, I will concede and for now will say it didn't happen.  I would put it in fall of 2001 era if I had make a guess.  My sumation of said quote would be "I jammed with Axl and the boys on a track..... Axl hasn't quite yet found the right guitarist to fill Slash's role".  But, Ali did great research, so for that I will concede. 
darkdays_01
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2007, 12:28:12 AM »

"Also, Speaking of the Duff vs Tommy thing, Duff has co wrote way more classics than Tommy and also, Duff AINT PLAYING Tommy's bass parts, i do believe it is TOMMY playing Duff's parts.

Think about that one for a minute"

That is my whole gripe with the new Guns. People continue to slam the old guys but just as D said and not to single Stinson out but he IS playing Duff's bass parts.

Until this "band" puts out a product of original material, to me all it is, is a damn good GnR cover band with the original singer on vocals. I mean what in the hell could possible be holding up a release now. You hear about this abundance of material , "enough for atleast three albums".? Apparently this time last year it was being mixed, what will the next excuse be he is still not happy with the album artwork Huh?? I mean enough is enough. That is why Axl is the biggest joke in the industry.? Those guys in that band must have a helluva alot of Patience or really need the money.? I do hope oneday to be eating my words but i honestly dont think it is ever going to see the light of day. I honestly see a reunion tour happening before CD being released and that is about as likely to happen as me hitting the lottery.

Maybe the whole Slash thing is the reasoning. He is just not happy with the guitar parts. It makes sense if you look back at the events since 97'. When Axl was going to take over guitar playing, the revolving door of players that supposedly have played on the album. Having three guitarists in the band, etc. Maybe that is the whole thing.? Makes sense if you really think about it . He should let Fortus handle all of the main guitar duties he is a damn good guitar player. Whatever the case maybe, i do wish he would get the damn thing out because rock music needs Axl Rose back.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:25:27 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »

"Also, Speaking of the Duff vs Tommy thing, Duff has co wrote way more classics than Tommy and also, Duff AINT PLAYING Tommy's bass parts, i do believe it is TOMMY playing Duff's parts.

That is my whole gripe with the new Guns. People continue to slam the old guys but just as D said and not to single Stinson out but he IS playing Duff's bass parts.

Until this "band" puts out a product of original material, to me all it is, is a damn good GnR cover band with the original singer on vocals. I mean what in the hell could possible be holding up a release now. You hear about this abundance of material , "enough for atleast three albums".? Apparently this time last year it was being mixed, what will the next excuse be he is still not happy with the album artwork Huh?? I mean enough is enough. That is why Axl is the biggest joke in the industry.? Those guys in that band must have a helluva alot of Patience or really need the money.? I do hope oneday to be eating my words but i honestly dont think it is ever going to see the light of day. I honestly see a reunion tour happening before CD being released and that is about as likely to happen as me hitting the lottery.

Maybe the whole Slash thing is the reasoning. He is just not happy with the guitar parts. It makes sense if you look back at the events since 97'. When Axl was going to take over guitar playing, the revolving door of players that supposedly have played on the album. Having three guitarists in the band, etc. Maybe that is the whole thing.? Makes sense if you really think about it . He should let Fortus handle all of the main guitar duties he is a damn good guitar player. Whatever the case maybe, i do wish he would get the damn thing out because rock music needs Axl Rose back.

"He is just not happy with the guitar parts."  Really?  Did he tell you that?  hihi

Ali
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

Also, Speaking of the Duff vs Tommy thing, Duff has co wrote way more classics than Tommy

for what we knows at the moment.
there's material for 3 albums where tommy plays, so around 40 tracks, maybe more, if 20 becomes classics, it will be not true anymore.
wait & see.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
darkdays_01
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »

"He is just not happy with the guitar parts."? Really?? Did he tell you that?? hihi

Ali

Never know now do ya  Huh
Ali
Legend

« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »

"He is just not happy with the guitar parts."? Really?? Did he tell you that?? hihi

Ali

Never know now do ya? Huh

No, I don't.  But, I'm not the one claiming to know how Axl feels or what he thinks one way or the other, am I?

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: