Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK  (Read 36247 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »

start playing a set list not made up entirely of the original bands material

Uh they already do?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »

Slash is still more GN'R than anyone of them.

No, Slash hasn't been in GnR for 12 years..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »

Slash is still more GN'R than anyone of them.

No, Slash hasn't been in GnR for 12 years..

Fair or not, the imagery of the Slash "character" will always be tied to that of the GNR brand name
he helped create. 

No matter how long he's been out of the band that image will in all likelihood be more strongly associated to GNR than anyone who's has come after him.

Again, fair or not - we live in a world where perception is reality.  No matter how hard one tries
to get people beyond that era of the band, the polarizing imagery of the curly hair/top hat will remain a constant fixture in regards to GNR for the majority of the music listening public.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »

yes his image will always be tied to his time in GnR.. but that doesn't make him "more GnR" then people who are actually in the band.    you can't measure the amount of GNR in someone or something.
CSS
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »

You maybe need to buy a pair of glasses then. This thread was going just great until the master of ceremonies that runs this board made one of his smart ass comments, then all hell broke loose.

I had my pair of glasses on when I wrote that post, fella...

You're stating the obvious facts? May I ask what those are?

The only thing you're saying is that members in GN'R now are losers and they will never be apart of anything, until they release an album, correct?

But they've been in the band ALL along so there goes your so called logic and your so called facts - and don't try to go around the fact that you disrespect the band, because you do.

And you also claim that you aren't a "fucking hypocrite", and that you have done nothing - then what does this mean?

What is pathetic is you people thst diss the former members which created the holy Guns n Roses you worship today.

I did not disrespect that new band

Slash is more GN'R than any of those hired hands in the Axl band these days. yes

You did the exact same thing!

Am I right or wrong? You decide, because that's not something that I'm interested in hearing, because I would like to read about Slash's brand new book he's released.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »

but that doesn't make him "more GnR" then people who are actually in the band.? ?

Of course it doesn't.

However, I think most would agree that that particular image will always loom larger than life and be
more closely associated to the GNR brand name than anyone before or after him.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »

but that doesn't make him "more GnR" then people who are actually in the band.   

Of course it doesn't.

However, I think most would agree that that particular image will always loom larger than life and be
more closely associated to the GNR brand name than anyone before or after him.

totally man, i mean you can get false gnr t-shirts off markets that just have a black n white image of slashs face with shades on, and gnr above it. So i can completely understand your point here falcon.

html sucks
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »

you can't measure the amount of GNR in someone or something.

No, you just measure it strictly by a piece of paper that has an ownership stamp on it, right?? ?Tongue

start playing a set list not made up entirely of the original bands material

Uh they already do?

They may have added a few new songs in, but their setlist still strongly revolves around old GNR songs.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2007, 12:02:05 AM »

They may have added a few new songs in, but their setlist still strongly revolves around old GNR songs.

there.. fixed it for ya.  ok
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2007, 06:36:01 AM »

Slash is a legend!
 Cool

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2007, 07:13:49 AM »

This is becoming boring, the never ending New VS Old , Axl VS Slash shit that have poisoned this board and many other cool places...  Lets all agree that we love GnR, and mainly based on the things they did from 1985 to 1994, as thats where the majority of music, concerts, videos, press, stories come from like it or not.. But then its up to each individual to make up their mind if they like the new line up, Axl's vision of the future, Velvet Revolver, all the other bands thats popped up during the years of both old and new members and so on.. Thats just a matter of taste and opinion. But even if I am a huge Slash fan, and pretty loyal to him, I must admit that his best work in my eyes were done in GnR (except for a coupple of real good guest apperances) and also that the new line up dosent give me the same excitement as the older version yet.. But I will judge them more fairly when CD finnaly comes out, and I will not bash on anybody in here for your personal feelings and opinions on music. My point is lets make this board to a forum where we can discuss and share GnR related things without all this bullshit! I can understand Jarmos frustration as he, and many others have to sit and clearify the rules here over and over. He made this board, he runs it pretty good, he is respected by the GnR camp and we have gotten a lot of exciting news during these 11 years, so give him a break people! "When in Rome, do as the romans" or go make a better board if you cant respect a set of rules in here... I disagree with a lot of Jarmos opinions, but I dont have to behave like a 5 year old because of that? Now, lets go back to more interesting things like Slash's book, the Reckless Road book, Axl's guesting with Baz, and CD probably being released sooner than ever before! peace

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »

He lied about going to Axl's house. You people were calling Beta and Axl liars.

i`m not too sure, wethere this was directed at me jarmo, but i`m quite sure, that you won`t be able to bring up one post of mine, claiming axl (or beta for that matter) is a liar.....

nevermind...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
makane
Legend

« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »

yes his image will always be tied to his time in GnR.. but that doesn't make him "more GnR" then people who are actually in the band.    you can't measure the amount of GNR in someone or something.

This sounds like something taken out of a South Park episode. It just happens to be so fucking retarded.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: