Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39624 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2008, 08:23:20 AM »

Maybe the people that "matter" are giving up?

Who'll book them if they plan on going back to Australia?

Their touring market is shrinking....

/jarmo

I can't guarantee I'll re book, I lost plenty of money on airfares and accomodation the first time as they postponed too close to the scheduled dates and now with the cancellation I'll lose out as I'm flying to Sydney and staying for 3 days with no show to see!

VR fucking sucks. Yes, I said it. This sort of behavior is inexcusable. I hope they sack Scott and start looking for another vocalist or that Slash would start work on his solo album. Tongue

I don't know if they would go that route. I think if things have gone too far for them to continue with Scott than the band is pretty much done. I don't think they want to go through the non-sense of auditioning singers and trying to do the whole thing over at this point when theres so many other things that they could work on. And I love Slash but I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for a big let down with this solo album talk. I feel pretty confident it's gonna be very Santana-esque. A whole bunch of popstars making there own songs with Slash playing a little solo now and then.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:30 AM »

Fuck VR, and especially fuck Scott.
Way to fuck over the (few remaining) fans they have in Aus. Being forced to cancel a tour because the singer has no control is a fucking disgrace.
I wish the pricks could have announced this a few days earlier so I could have gotten a refund of my ticket and go to Maidens second show aswell.
Well fuck 'em. Just won't waste my money on them if they decide to come down again.
And if Slash and co decide to stick together they better ditch that fucking junkie.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »

Yep..im VERRY annoyed about the tour being canceled AGAIN no
But as we know being guns fans shit happens  peace
But i still love VR and im not going to write a stupid post saying how much i hate them.. peace
There an awesome group i just hope they get there shit together and come back soon.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
maurito148
Headliner

Slash' Em All

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2008, 02:21:17 PM »

Way to fuck over the (few remaining) fans they have in Aus. Being forced to cancel a tour because the singer has no control is a fucking disgrace.
I wish the pricks could have announced this a few days earlier so I could have gotten a refund of my ticket and go to Maidens second show aswell.
Well fuck 'em. Just won't waste my money on them if they decide to come down again.
And if Slash and co decide to stick together they better ditch that fucking junkie.

A man who have a health problem, could lost his life while you only lost some bucks./ Think man.

CLUB ATLETICO RIVER PLATE Fan!!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2008, 05:18:44 PM »

some people would have been happier if scott had gone over there OD'd and died, just so they get a chance to see the band.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:34 PM »

I have to say I'm not surprised but it does fucken suck for people who had organised themselves for it, paid airfares etc etc.

I was going to fly with a mate over to Sydney to catch their 2 shows there, but was seriously concerned that it may be cancelled.  So we decided to leave everything to the last possible minute before we booked flights etc and just take our chances that we could still make it there and get tickets etc.

Just as well!!  Selfish megaphone waifboy  rant

I would have to think that's it for VR, the rest of the band must be bloody pissed off with situation.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

i think this title is misleading. the cancelation of one show doesnt mean a tour is cancelled.

I second you on that.

AUSTRALIA IS CANCELLED

It was supposed to be a tour right?

/jarmo

Jarmo... I don?t think the thread title fits. It?s the australian tour who was cancelled (sadly for the fans). The European wasn?t. So, if any fan who is going to a show in Europe comes here and see this title, he will immediately be lead to think that the WHOLE tour was cancelled. So, again, the title should be Australian tour cancelled... and not this one which leads to generalization.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »

A man who have a health problem, could lost his life while you only lost some bucks./ Think man.

I'm not responsible for his health, it's not my real concern. As a fan of music that is my concern and that's what's suffered. I don't care about the cash- I'll get that back. I care that his lack of control has screwed over fans, and my chance to see them.
Also, as far as I'm concerned, alcohol abuse isn't a health problem. It's a lack of control. If it was a disease or something that was a health problem, I'd symphasise. But this is just pathetic.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2008, 06:16:54 AM »

Jarmo... I don?t think the thread title fits. It?s the australian tour who was cancelled (sadly for the fans). The European wasn?t. So, if any fan who is going to a show in Europe comes here and see this title, he will immediately be lead to think that the WHOLE tour was cancelled. So, again, the title should be Australian tour cancelled... and not this one which leads to generalization.
I agree with you Ines. The title does suggest that all dates are cancelled.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2008, 10:22:45 AM »

It will be correct soon enough.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »

It will be correct soon enough.
Thank you very much!
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »

I think the gist behind that post was that the tour will soon be cancelled, not that the thread title will be changed.

You see, there are people here who dislike VR so much that they will not be happy until people who do like VR are not.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »

Well... someone just changed the title!!  peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »

Even though i like Velvet Revolver i will be happy to see them break up. It puts me one step closer to seeing Izzy live. I think if Velvet does breakup that Izzy will go on tour with slash, duff & matt & will play songs from all eras, almost like a camp freddy type thing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »

Even though i like Velvet Revolver i will be happy to see them break up. It puts me one step closer to seeing Izzy live. I think if Velvet does breakup that Izzy will go on tour with slash, duff & matt & will play songs from all eras, almost like a camp freddy type thing.

Izzy hasn't done a big tour since like 1993.

The closest to a real tour he's done is guesting at GN'R shows in Europe in 2006.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

But he did offer to roll out and go on tour when he was playing with The Project, it's just the others that declined.

If they (Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt) would go on tour and release an album and all I don't think that would be a long term thing though.. but it still would be great. I'd be satisfied with just new material having the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo. Can't go wrong there..

Hopefully Slash will release his solo album, he said it would contain some stuff he did with Izzy right before The Project started.
ben9785
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »

Oh fuck, I was confused..

So now the RESCHEDULED dates have  been canceled as well?

Just checked TICKETEK. Damn. I got a refund the first time around, but then I had a change of heart and bought tickets
again for the rescheduled dates. Now they're not coming at all.

Yeah but I feel much worse for all the people who made travel plans to see the band. I'm sorry for anyone affected by it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:07:39 PM by ben785 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

But he did offer to roll out and go on tour when he was playing with The Project, it's just the others that declined.

If they (Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt) would go on tour and release an album and all I don't think that would be a long term thing though.. but it still would be great. I'd be satisfied with just new material having the Slash/Izzy/Duff combo. Can't go wrong there..

Hopefully Slash will release his solo album, he said it would contain some stuff he did with Izzy right before The Project started.
As much as I respect Slash, Duff, and Izzy, I don't think they could do much without Axl.  Or at least without a lead man in general.  I know Duff and Izzy can sing a little bit, and all are outstanding musicians but without a REAL lead singer, not much going on there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2008, 12:51:58 AM »

As much as I respect Slash, Duff, and Izzy, I don't think they could do much without Axl.  Or at least without a lead man in general.  I know Duff and Izzy can sing a little bit, and all are outstanding musicians but without a REAL lead singer, not much going on there.

14 years , Dust N Bones , I beg to differ.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2008, 07:30:43 AM »

I don't know about that. I have always really liked Duff and Izzy's vocals. Obviously they're not on the same level as Axl's or anything but I still would have been happy had either one of them been the singer for VR. And I am a fan of Scott's voice, but it's not like he really has much range where anything woulda been too different had Duff/Izzy been the singer. Look at a song like "Do it for the kids" and Izzy's "Bomb" from Like a Dog. Essentially the exact same riff, I always guessed it was written during the project sessions when Izzy was still involved. But is DIFTK any better than Bomb cause of the vocals? I really don't think so.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: