Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER AUSTRALIAN TOUR CANCELED!  (Read 39671 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 12:58:22 AM »

^Relapse is a part of recovery.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:03:51 AM »

Huh

Scott Weiland Back In Rehab

by Paul Cashmere - February 8 2008

Speaking to Undercover News, Australian promoter Chris O'Brien has confirmed that the Aussie tour that kicks off in Brisbane on February 15th is going ahead as planned. "We have not been told that the tour has been affected and right now I can say that it is still 100% going ahead," he said.

The Australian tour, that was to play in December was postponed until February and the Japanese tour was cancelled because of visa problems.

He was due to perform with Velvet Revolver at the Sundance Film Festival on January 20 but that show was cancelled when he couldn't fly out of Miami because of poor weather conditions.

Australian tour dates are:

15 Feb, Brisbane
16 and 17 Feb, Sydney
19 Feb, Melbourne
20 Feb, Adelaide

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:48 AM »

So is actually staying sober.

At a certain point, the other guys have to look out for the best interests of their careers and sobriety.

Ali
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 01:30:00 AM »

The Australian tour begins in one week.

Is one week enough time for a drug addict to get the help he needs?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 01:34:01 AM »

Agreed, but what does the rest of the band, or anyone, have "under their belt".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 02:03:07 AM »

Agreed, but what does the rest of the band, or anyone, have "under their belt".

Duff and Slash and Matt and Dave all have their own sobriety.  They have to consider that at a certain point, don't they?  How can it be healthy for them to be continually in close proximity to someone who isn't clean?

Ali
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:55 AM »

Bollocks. It doesn't look good, especially if you read what has been written here. It is not all over, and nor is the tour all over (yet). One show in the US has been postponed, but if Scott really has gone into rehab, it looks like the rest of the dates will be postponed or scrapped.

Does anyone actually know what is going on? Blabbermouth says one show is off, but VR's own site (never the best place for news) says nothing at all.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »

Duff and Slash and Matt and Dave all have their own sobriety.  They have to consider that at a certain point, don't they?  How can it be healthy for them to be continually in close proximity to someone who isn't clean?

Ali

Hell, I thought Matt was a partaker of the sauce as much as anyone.

Not that is a bad thing.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 03:29:08 AM »

so glad i didn't get tickets for the vegas show.   I was considering it just for shits and giggles..
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 04:21:35 AM »

Blabbermouth now says this:

VELVET REVOLVER's Australian tour will go ahead as planned despite the fact that the group's frontman, Scott Weiland, has just gone back into rehab, Australian promoter Chris O'Brien told Undercover News. "We have not been told that the tour has been affected and right now I can say that it is still 100% going ahead," O'Brien said.

The Australian tour ? which is set to kick off February 15 ? was originally scheduled to take place in December but was postponed and the Japanese tour was cancelled because of visa problems.

In a statement released late last night (and first published by BLABBERMOUTH.NET), VELVET REVOLVER's management confirmed that Weiland "voluntarily entered a rehab facility" following the band's February 6 performance in Los Angeles. As a result, Thursday night's scheduled performance in San Diego was cancelled.

Weiland was arrested on November 21, 2007 when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

Although he was supposed to perform with VELVET REVOLVER on January 20 at a party in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival, Weiland was a no-show for the gig. The vocalist's flight to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The band carried on with the show, inviting audience members and singer Donovan Leitch to pitch in.

VELVET REVOLVER's Australian tour dates are:

Feb. 15 - Convention & Exhibition Centre - Brisbane, Australia
Feb. 16 - Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Feb. 17 - Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Feb. 19 - Festival Hall - Melbourne, Australia
Feb. 20 - Thebarton Theatre - Adelaide, Australia

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90278
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »

I wouldn't think so. I'm wondering if maybe Slash and the guys should be on the lookout for a new singer. With Scott this has just been too recurring.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »

At a certain point, the other guys have to look out for the best interests of their careers and sobriety.

Ali

Let's not forget, both Matt and Slash both relapsed before Scott's latest...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

In all honesty, i'm amazed Velvet Revolver have lasted as long as they have done. If they survive this, i'll be absolutely gob-smaked

And for the record, i Do like VR, so i'd actually like them to stick together, but realistically..........

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

I wouldn't think so. I'm wondering if maybe Slash and the guys should be on the lookout for a new singer. With Scott this has just been too recurring.
Yeah that would make no sense.  That'd be a half-assed attempt at rehab, to enter for ONE WEEK then go out on a tour on a different continent.  I would fully expect those shows to be cancelled, and if not I'd fully expect Scott to need to re-enter rehab shortly thereafter.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »

wait a minute...I?m close to having a stroke... I had booked a flight to go to Amsterdam to see them there... tell me... the European tour ain?t cancelled right???  confused confused nervous

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 10:20:31 AM »

Yeah that would make no sense.  That'd be a half-assed attempt at rehab, to enter for ONE WEEK then go out on a tour on a different continent.  I would fully expect those shows to be cancelled, and if not I'd fully expect Scott to need to re-enter rehab shortly thereafter.

I really wish the best for Scott and his family, especially his young children. However, I'm realistic in my way of thinking. He's been to rehab so much that I'm just not sure why this time would be any different when he's always managed to relapse the other times. We'll just all have to wait and see what happens.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »

wait a minute...I?m close to having a stroke... I had booked a flight to go to Amsterdam to see them there... tell me... the European tour ain?t cancelled right???  confused confused nervous

ahah, pr?xima vez nao contes com o Scott Tongue

that show is problably scrapped, but time will tell!

Chinese Democracy!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

ahah, pr?xima vez nao contes com o Scott Tongue

that show is problably scrapped, but time will tell!

ahh n?o me digas isso que me d? uma coisa m?!! Tudo planeado para chegar l? e n?o haver concerto??  Cry

Let?s hope not!!  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »

Seriously...I planned on going to Amsterdam too.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »

Seriously...I planned on going to Amsterdam too.

really??

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: