Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 34617 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »

Where did I say he couldn't be friends with her? As I said in the other thread, he's probably banging her. I'm just saying, if you are a "bad ass rnr guitarist" like he is marketed as, don't be surprised if people think it's lame that you're playing with people like fergie.

And for jesus sake neemo, stop with the over the top scenarios. You are the fucking king of doing that shit and it's annoying as hell. I never said he had to call her a bitch or anything even close to that. Instead of craving attention, he could turn down some things. But I guess if he ain't on drugs, he has to fill that addiction with something....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »

And for jesus sake neemo, stop with the over the top scenarios. You are the fucking king of doing that shit and it's annoying as hell.

you love it  hihi  yes  peace

Slash just isnt the type of guy to turn someone down if they ask him to play...i think its great that he gives people like that the time of day...cuz like you said he could turn them down but think of how cool it would be if you asked someone like him to jam with you and he said OK...i think i would shit my pants

but you must know what its like cuz canadians are terrible for doing it...anyway i know i'm like that.. if someone asks me to help em out with somethign then 9 times outta ten i will go outta my way to lend a hand..unless its going to be phyically impossible to help out...anyway i get the feeling that slash is just happy to give a helping hand...probably to a fault...

to be honest i wish Axl would do more shit like this...how cool would it be to wake up to news that axl showed up on stage with some band or singer...remember teh buzz from the gilby show? that was fuckin great  ok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:25:26 PM by Neemo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »

funny i cant recall a single time that you've complimented Slash..and someone else is always better at performing his songs...and hes a big sellout..and anything he writes is mediocre at best

its true that i'm here mostly for GnR discussion and prefer the band the way it is now.   but that doesn't mean i hate him.   I've been on these boards since VMAs 2002, i've given him plenty of compliments.   November Rain solo, his riffs on AFD, his acoustic playing on lies.. 

the first time I saw him perform with micheal jackson in 1992 or 1993, I was rolling my eyes, I hated it.   That aspect of Slash playing with these kinds of artists has never sat well with me, even when he was in the band.   And at that time he was my favorite guitarist.

I only refer to his post-guns material as mediocre, which in my opinion it is!  like i said, most of my frustration comes from the disrespect to GnR.    If I didn't see people coming to these boards and whining for him to go back to GnR on a daily basis, I probably wouldnt' comment much.

Sure I'm a bigger Robin fan, but Slash is in my city tonight and I have nothing else to do, so i'm gonna check it out and I am sure it will be an enjoyable show.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »

Its actually a Linda Perry song, who I might add, is really good friends with Richard. 

it was written by linda specifically for christina.

and classicgunsfan christina has no credits on that song what so ever.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »

funny i cant recall a single time that you've complimented Slash..and someone else is always better at performing his songs...and hes a big sellout..and anything he writes is mediocre at best

its true that i'm here mostly for GnR discussion and prefer the band the way it is now.   but that doesn't mean i hate him.   I've been on these boards since VMAs 2002, i've given him plenty of compliments.   November Rain solo, his riffs on AFD, his acoustic playing on lies.. 

the first time I saw him perform with micheal jackson in 1992 or 1993, I was rolling my eyes, I hated it.   That aspect of Slash playing with these kinds of artists has never sat well with me, even when he was in the band.   And at that time he was my favorite guitarist.

I only refer to his post-guns material as mediocre, which in my opinion it is!  like i said, most of my frustration comes from the disrespect to GnR.    If I didn't see people coming to these boards and whining for him to go back to GnR on a daily basis, I probably wouldnt' comment much.

Sure I'm a bigger Robin fan, but Slash is in my city tonight and I have nothing else to do, so i'm gonna check it out and I am sure it will be an enjoyable show.

like i said in the other thread...i hope you get in! and i look forward to a review

but to me...the place that you hold Robin as a fan...Slash and Axl are up there equal with me...yeah i dont necesarily agree with all the moves they make but they are both still brilliant...the rift that the fans have between Axl and slash sucks cuz to me they are equally great..and same with me as with you...someone disrespects them and its hard not to fight back with a comment  peace

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2008, 10:48:45 PM »

Its actually a Linda Perry song, who I might add, is really good friends with Richard. 

It doesn't matter who it was written for, it only matters who it was written by.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2008, 11:07:44 PM »

Jim Bob, I hear ya, have fun tonight.  I know sometimes your thoughts don't come out perfect on this message board, but enjoy your posts, even when they are crazy.  Look forward to the review!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2008, 11:57:19 PM »

Holy Fuck, Sweet Child, without Slash....... Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JymSsrHNoN0&feature=related
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:22 AM »

^ she's played a few times before without slash. there was a thread about her singing it a couple months ago. i wonder if slash is playing it now on all of her upcoming shows.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »

That was horrible.  Horrible. 
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2008, 01:29:41 AM »

I think Fergie sings better than Bubbles.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2008, 01:43:24 AM »

Grazie. I don't want to watch it.

Fuck 'Em All.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2008, 01:51:50 AM »

Ok.....what or who is Bubbles? 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »

Grazie. I don't want to watch it.

No you don't.
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2008, 01:55:32 AM »

Ok.....what or who is Bubbles? 

I wasn't talking about Mr Bubbles either - lol (I believe Slash has spoken to MJ about playing with him   hihi).

I mean this bubbles:

http://www.gunsnrosesonline.com/images/061107_AxlBubbles_250x188.jpg

She is also a lot easier on the eye than bubbles too  Wink
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:01:33 AM by williambailey » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2008, 02:08:45 AM »

mmmm.....ok

I don't have any knowledge of that.   In other words, I don't know what you're talking about and I still don't know who or what Bubbles is, but that's ok.   
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2008, 02:27:26 AM »

mmmm.....ok

I don't have any knowledge of that.   In other words, I don't know what you're talking about and I still don't know who or what Bubbles is, but that's ok.   

On the last tour of GN'R to Australia and NZ (and possibly Japan), Bubbles who is from some show called The Trailer Park Boys (it wasn't well known in Oz) was on tour with them and would get up each night and sign a song with Axl.

But don't feel bad for not knowing who he was - the majority of people in Australia didn't know either.  So (IMHO) it went over like a lead ballon (I went to 3 shows on that tour and it was a WTF moment for a lot of people each time).

So my point is I would rather have seen Slash with Fergie than with Bubbles. 

Slash and Mr Bubbles however I think would have a certain chemistry together.   Grin

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2008, 02:46:49 AM »

She is also a lot easier on the eye than bubbles too  Wink

I think that's definitely debatable.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2008, 03:25:52 AM »

mmmm.....ok

Somebody stoled the bubbles.  Cry

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/07/23/2008-07-23_bubble_trouble_offbroadway.html

Don't blame the gypsies.  Even gypsies wouldn't stoled bubbles.  no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »

i stand corrected Shocked
that and one other song were the only ones on the album she didn't have a song writing credit for
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: