Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 34624 times)
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »

its funny how the ppl who dont want a VR section here dont seem to be able to say out of it  Roll Eyes
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »

its funny how the ppl who dont want a VR section here dont seem to be able to say out of it  Roll Eyes

Isn't it though! Btw, the VR section on this board is the only one I really go to.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

Well, may be off topic, but I never post. I just read.

But today I?d like to say something. :-)

First of all, Guns were a "part of my life" since i was 13 years old, I?m 30 now...
The first band I ever REALLY loved und love until today was Aerosmith - and I will always love them. Guns were equal to them which is the BIGGEST compliment I could ever make to a band. I?m still sad, that the original band broke up although I would NEVER talk shit about the new line up. I?m just sad about the way it all "ended". I have great a respect for each and every member - past or present - and I will always be interested in what they are doing. And I will always be hoping they are doing fine and are enjoying their lives.
I saw the "New Guns" perform at Novarock in Austria 2006 (well in Austria you don?t get THAT many chances to see your favourite US Artists perform :-) )
and I just freaked out. It was a dream come true to see them and I absolutely LOVED the show and the new songs they performed. And I screamed the shit out of my lungs when Izzy came up to perform (some guy standing next to me asked me, who Izzy was and I just couldn?t believe that!!!!)

But I just HATE to read all of the "bad comments" about Slash or any other Ex-member of the band. I respect him a lot as a musician. And I think that he is called an "icon" not because of his guitar playing but because of his "charisma" in the first place. He has something very special about him, as has Axl.
Both may have made mistakes - as has EVERYBODY. And it?s not up to me to make ANY judgement.

I could say a lot more on THAT topic, but I think it?s a free world and everybody is free to have his/her opinion. But PLEASE don?t be so fucking judgemental about people, most of you don?t know personally. I just hope I?ll never be that way.

As fas as performing with different artists goes. I VERY WELL remember the Superbowl Show Performance of Aerosmith with Nsync and Britney Spears and I just fucking LOVED that show..... you may have your opinion and I have mine - peace!!! :-)))

Open you mind!!!!

There?s nothing bad in my opinion about performing with artists from another "genre". Sorry, but my english is far from perfect, I?m just trying to explain my point of view.

And - by the way - I would be interested to see Slash perform with Nickelback, as I like some of their songs quite a lot. Sorry Jim Bob, don?t kill me. :-)

I wish you all the very best and I hope I will see a Guns show in AUSTRIA real soon. If Slash should decide to come here to perform with ANYBODY, I would be happy as well. PEACE.

Love you all, sleep well, lostdream

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

"As fas as performing with different artists goes. I VERY WELL remember the Superbowl Show Performance of Aerosmith with Nsync and Britney Spears and I just fucking LOVED that show..... you may have your opinion and I have mine - peace!!! :-)))

Open you mind!!!!"

couldnt agree with you more
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

i knew from the second i saw this thread that a few clowns would take this opportunity to start bashing guys in GnR because their hero whores himself out to fergie and kelly clarkson.   its the only way they know how to make themselves feel better about it.

so he plays guitar for a friend:P wtf is wrong w/ that? Wink
wtf did he play with Clarkson?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:34:41 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »

he will at some point in the next year  Wink
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »

he will at some point in the next year  Wink

hihi 

He fucking better not!! 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2008, 12:53:02 AM »

I just want to say, "great post, lostdream".   Very good post, I thought.  We all need to open our minds, here, a little more.   
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

I should go back and apologize to D, for what have seen as a in your face, comment, when wasn't really my intention, .As I can care less whoi slash plays with. My main gripe is I loved his playing so much. I personally feel that as of late and the last few yrs, other when he does work with other artist outsside what band he is in, hes not playing those really bluesy solos, thoe really grab you things, he doesnt with VR, and Ive seem him perform with artists, where he totally goes off. Ahh the memories.. regardless, the fergie thing, yeah a bit inside of me was like ok he actually playing it right.lol I think I woulda preferred the raw aggression when he made fuck ups live on SCOM , buT we cant have everything we want.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2008, 02:10:11 AM »

Wasn't great but ok.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2008, 06:23:26 AM »

"As fas as performing with different artists goes. I VERY WELL remember the Superbowl Show Performance of Aerosmith with Nsync and Britney Spears and I just fucking LOVED that show..... you may have your opinion and I have mine - peace!!! :-)))

Open you mind!!!!"

couldnt agree with you more

guess who else aerosmith played with not so long ago...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RzYCZ7PxWas

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2008, 06:05:42 AM »

ha ha ha

mmh well...

Britney did a better job!

Grin

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »

ha ha ha

mmh well...

Britney did a better job!

Grin

Again, nice legs and ass.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...