Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:19:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 38218 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »

More from Steven Adler:

in the studio rehearsing today for the big show this sunday !   

am soooo excited! Slash invited me to get up and jam a song with him at the LAYN fundraiser Sunday the 22Nd! GONNA BE AWESOME!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »

STEVEN ADLER To Perform With SLASH At 'LAYN Rocks' Benefit Concert - Nov. 19, 2009

Erin Broadley of L.A. Weekly recently conducted an interview with Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) about his upcoming concert on November 22 at the Avalon in Hollywood, California. The show, billed "Slash & Friends", will be a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Youth Network (LAYN) is a non-profit organization providing services to homeless and runaway youth. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

L.A. Weekly: Do you find that these kids relate to you because of how open you've been about the shit you've gone through?

Slash: Yeah, I definitely feel a bond with these kids. Even though I wasn't abused or anything, I chose to hang out on the streets from a very young age so I've seen a lot of the same stuff they're going through first hand. I've been through it and can just totally relate. So, yeah, I hadn't even really thought about that ... [laughs] that's probably why I was so attracted to the [organization]. I can understand how violated some of them feel because I've seen kids go down the same paths who weren't lucky enough to have an organization like this to help them get out. When I was in junior high school, in seventh grade, we had girls that were prostitutes in Hollywood. I remember running in to one of them in Griffith Park doing these three guys in a burned out old car and it turned out she was turning tricks for money because she didn't have any parents. She was lucky to be in school. I saw all sorts of weird shit like that.

L.A. Weekly: The LAYN Rocks benefit has a pretty big lineup.

Slash: Yeah, this will be the first "Slash & Friends" gig I've ever done in L.A. We did one in Vegas recently and I did one in Norway a while back. I try and get as many cool people as possible but this is unique because I've [performed] with Ozzy before, Ozzy's great, but then all these other cats I haven't really worked with in this capacity: Andrew Stockdale from WOLFMOTHER; Billy Idol who I'm friends with but have never done one of these gigs with; Chester [Bennington] and Perry Farrell I have; Dave Navarro which is great; and Travis Barker who I've never jammed with before either. Then there's Chris Chaney who played bass on my record which is coming out next year ... and Frankie Perez who's the house band vocalist. He's fuckin' killer. It's just going to be one of these rocking gigs. Steve Adler's coming up for one song. Tom Morello's coming up as well. It's going to be rad. We've managed to sell a lot of tickets so I'm glad we've been able to come through for LAYN. We want to sell it out.

Read the entire interview from L.A. Weekly.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130666

Video: Slash On Youth Homelessness and the LAYN Rocks! Benefit Concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1T_JMkgCA&feature=player_embedded

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

Slash On Youth Homelessness And The LAYN Rocks! Benefit Concert

http://www.causecast.org/news_items/9287-slash-on-youth-homelessness-and-the-layn-rocks-benefit-concert

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 02:50:54 PM »

That was really cool.  Its good to see those that have money step up and do stuff like this.  Good for all involved.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »

From an interview with Slash at NoiseCreep:

As important and worthy as the cause is, Sunday night also promises to be a great rock show. "All the different artists usually perform at least one or more songs of that artist from their catalog and there'll be some [Guns 'N Roses] in there and some Velvet Revolver, from my catalog," he says. "Then there are also some cover songs, whatever anybody just really wants to play. And it's very loose and fun and no pressure, so it makes it for a really, really entertaining gig."

Continue reading here: http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/20/slash-gives-back-layn/

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »

This might raise a few hairs around here.  Photo posted by dave navarro on twitpic, I believe from rehearsals for Sunday:

http://twitpic.com/qbc8u

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

This might raise a few hairs around here.  Photo posted by dave navarro on twitpic, I believe from rehearsals for Sunday:

Great find Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Looks awesome!  What do you know, Navarro has his shirt off!!!!!  HA!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »

WOW, gave me goosebumps

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »

Lynn deserves Karma for that find!  +1 to Lynn.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

Yes, nice find.  And Steven Adler said that he was at rehearsals with Slash...but he didn't say anything about Duff.

+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »

What a nice picture. Steve, Duff and Slash.....Guns n' Roses  beer

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »

Guns N' Roses is playing in Taipei in less than three weeks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

I think you are mistaken. No one with those names are in Guns N' Roses.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »

delusional

WOW, gave me goosebumps

WOW, why?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »

Slash and Steven Adler made it seem as though Steven would be playing for just one song.  I wonder with Duff there, if that will change.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 07:12:31 PM »

delusional

WOW, gave me goosebumps

WOW, why?

duh cause 3 of my fave musicians who made up one of the greatest albums of all time are back onstage together? Shit throw Izzy up there also and I'll really freak.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 07:58:11 PM »

its not the first time those three have done something together.   dont see what the fuss is about.  i can see why you think its cool, but goose bumps? 

no goose bumps here.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »

From Steven Adler:

Another great rehearsal today with old friends....FAMILY! We will be jamming at the LAYN benefit Sunday nite. Come support LA's youth!

just gone rehearsing with slash, duff and dave navarro. it was really great hangin and playing with those guys!

From Slash:

Tomorrow is going to kick fuckin ass. Only a few tix left, all this promo has paid off. Remaining tix are available at laynrocks.com   

about 1 hour ago   from UberTwitter   

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »

its not the first time those three have done something together.   dont see what the fuss is about.  i can see why you think its cool, but goose bumps? 

no goose bumps here.

Well...that may be true, but for some of us it's kind of cool.  I can totally see why some might have the whole goose bumps thing.   
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 08:53:04 AM »

With Dave Navarro there also. That just makes it uber cool.

I hope this show gets bootlegged. Some artists i think are the shit, all playing rock n roll together. Good fuckin times!

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: