Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction  (Read 31054 times)
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »

Awesome!  I can't wait to hear Duff hit Mountain Song!!!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »

Way to go Duff!  I really enjoy him and hope to see Jane's play soon. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »

From an interview today with Dave Navarro:

What?s happening with the new Jane?s album?

We?re in process of recording and I just tracked some stuff with the Epiphone about two weeks ago. I wanted some bright percussive acoustic coloring underneath some dirty distorted rock guitars to kind of widen it out a bit and have the notes be a little more articulated. So I used it for that. And, you know, Duff McKagen from Guns N? Roses is in the band now, so we had a real creative burst over the past few months working with a new guy and having an all-new energy on board. I?m really excited about it.

Are you enjoying working with them again?

Oh, yeah, yeah. One of the fortunate things for me is that having been in and out of this so many times, after a point you realize, this is what I do, this is the home that I?m gonna be in. At the end of the day, we may have taken five or six-year hiatuses, but we?ve never really broken up. And the beautiful thing now is we?re all really unified as a band, but we also have our own personal identities and directions and lives and interests so we all have plenty of time to do Jane?s Addiction, for the most part, full-time and also be able to do other projects that interest us individually. We didn?t have that luxury in the old days.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

Dave Navarro has posted some video clips from their show at The Roxy. Cool

http://vimeo.com/13873553

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »

JANE'S ADDICTION Live At The Roxy: 'Official' Footage Posted Online - Aug. 9, 2010

JANE'S ADDICTION ? singer Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins and bassist Duff McKagan ? played a special Jane's "Fans' Addiction" concert presented by Bing on July 2 on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood at The Roxy Theatre, the venue where the band recorded its live self-titled indie debut album in 1987. This show was part of the Sunset Strip Summer Concert Series presented by Bing and was filmed for future use.

JANE'S ADDICTION's setlist was as follows:

01. Whores
02. Ain't No Right
03. Had A Dad
04. Ted, Just Admit It?
05. Mountain Song
06. Been Caught Stealing
07. Three Days
08. Stop!
09. Ocean Size
10. Jane Says
11. Chip Away

More video footage of the concert can be viewed below (courtesy of Navarro).

JANE'S ADDICTION has tapped Rich Costey as producer for the band's next album, tentatively due out in the winter of 2011 on Capitol.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144226

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »

Jane's Addiction To Appear On Guitar Center Sessions

8/15/2010

(RTTNews) - Jane's Addiction is set to appear on the first episode of a new show called Guitar Center Sessions. The program is scheduled to debut at 9 PM ET on August 21 on DirecTV. The show will be taped live at the Guitar Center store in Hollywood, California.

"With Guitar Center Sessions we feel that we've created an opportunity that will inspire and help musicians," Dustin Hinz, Director of Music and Entertainment Marketing for Guitar Center, said in a press release.

"For the show it was key that we create an intimate environment," he added. "The audience . . . makes this a unique television experience geared towards helping musicians become better at their craft."

Jane's Addiction, now featuring former Guns 'N Roses bassist Duff McKagan, is currently at work on their fourth studio album. The as-yet-untitled release will be their first since 2003's Strays.

http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=1393679

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: