Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:17:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight  (Read 33939 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »

Jan 28 2010

Jamie Foxx, T-Pain, Slash, Doug E. Fresh Team Up For Grammys

Sunday's awards show will also feature collaboration by Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne and Travis Barker.

As the countdown to Sunday night's 52nd annual Grammy Awards begins, the show just keeps getting bigger and bigger. On the heels of the Thursday morning's (January 28) announcement that Drake will be joined on the stage by Eminem, Lil Wayne and Travis Barker (but not Kanye West), likely for a performance of "Forever," comes news that Jamie Foxx will hook up with T-Pain, Slash and Doug E. Fresh for a special performance of an as-yet-unannounced song at the show.

Other new performers announced on Thursday include Elton John and the cast of the musical "American Idiot," who will perform with Green Day. There will also be a tribute to late guitar legend/inventor Les Paul, featuring Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Jeff Beck and Irish rockabilly singer Imelda May. Also signed up to perform on the show are R&B legend Roberta Flack, Sugarland member Jennifer Nettles and a number of new presenters, including Stephen Colbert, Alice Cooper, Sheryl Crow, Robert Downey Jr., Wyclef Jean, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Seal, Quentin Tarantino, Simon Baker, Kaley Cuoco, Placido Domingo, Juanes, "Glee" actress Lea Michele, Chris O'Donnell, Lionel Richie, Ryan Seacrest and Keith Urban.

Previously announced presenters include Kristen Bell, Justin Bieber, Jeff Bridges, Miley Cyrus, Josh Duhamel, the Jonas Brothers, Norah Jones, Ke$ha, LL Cool J, Ricky Martin, Carlos Santana and Ringo Starr.

Those stars join a list of previously announced performers: Beyonc?, the Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Lady Antebellum, Maxwell, Pink, the Zac Brown Band and a special 3-D tribute to Michael Jackson featuring Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood, and Usher. Special 3-D glasses for the Jackson segment will be available at Target stores through Sunday. Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli will sing Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" in a special fundraising segment for Haitian earthquake relief.

The official, circus-themed Grammy Celebration afterparty will feature performances from Ne-Yo, Sam and Dave member Sam Moore, and mixtape DJ Mick Boogie.

Stick with MTV News all week for our coverage of the 2010 Grammy Awards. We'll have reports on your favorite nominees, party photos, behind-the-scenes video and much more leading up to and during the big show Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630669/20100128/foxx_jamie.jhtml
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:31:18 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »

Jamie Foxx, T-Pain and Doug E. Fresh...I didn't see this one coming. Cheesy

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »

Huh I try not to criticize all of Slash's collaborations. I actually think Fergie can sing. But this I don't know about  nervous

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:00:18 AM »

I think that this should be interesting and I personally cannot wait to see it!

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:54 AM »

I think it be cool to hear Slash on a Talkbox and T-Pain vocod'ed lol. It's good that Slash doesn't restrict himself to doing or playing certain things. By the way if you guys haven't heard/seen Travis Barker play "Forever" the song that he is most likely gonna do with Wayne and Drake I suggest you youtube it , good stuff!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »

At clives pre gammy party with the black eyed peas! So fun!

Photo: http://tweetphoto.com/10054262

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »

Slash & Fergie performed "Sweet Child O' Mine" at the Pre-Grammy Gala:

US singer Fergie (left) and British-born former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash perform at the Pre-Grammy Gala at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills. The star-studded event was part of the 2010 Grammy Salute To Industry Icons honored Universal Music Group Worldwide Chairman Doug Morris. The Academy presented Morris with the President's Merit Award in recognition of his significant contributions to the music industry and the impact his efforts have had on music and the business of music. -- PHOTO: AFP

Some photos:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&p=slash%20fergie%20grammy

http://www.grammy.com/photos/pre-grammy-gala-slash-and-fergie?page=30

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »

It doesn't sound like it went over very well...

The Peas, who are up for six Grammys, performed their hit "Boom Boom Pow," then Fergie was joined by Slash as she performed the Guns N' Roses classic, "Sweet Child of Mine," which garnered applause ? but not enough for will.i.am's liking.

"Usually Fergie and Slash on stage would have brought down the house. This ain't no boogie (expletive)," he admonished the crowd. "Music industry, we can't be spoiled," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9711595

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »

Good awards show so far.  I am pumped to see the Slash performance, I hope it rocks, part of me wondering if its a micheal jackson tune..  Pink is so sexy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »

oy fuckin vey ... tell me he seriously did not just play NR  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »

Oh christ, he butchered that solo.

I don't know what was worse, the presence of the NR outro in a Jamie Foxx rap song or Slash's completely incompetent performance.

Goddamnit Slash.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:29:03 PM »

I don't get it!?!?!  Slash did rip though, but not sure the point of that performance..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

He did?

I think Ron Thal sounded better his first show with GnR.

That was a terrible performance.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

that wasnt  NR outro.. kinda similar but I don't think it was.. guitar was kind of low so Im not 100 percent positive

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
manu
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

Just that... Slash played November Rain Outro in Grammy's Awards 2010... When I found the video on you Tube, I'll post it

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

that wasnt  NR outro.. kinda similar but I don't think it was.. guitar was kind of low so Im not 100 percent positive

I dunno, man.

It really sounded like the NR outro, just played very poorly.

I hope Axl saw that.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »

That was his new sig les paul I think.I think he played well! 
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »

that was def a butchered , version of NR solo, sucked hard also!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

That was his new sig les paul I think.I think he played well! 

Yikes. I respect your opinion, but, wow, that new Les Paul may have been out of tune.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »

Not sure what you were listening to, but i flicked the grammys on right as he was playing the "nr outro" and though i was hearing things. That was most certainly parts of the nr outro played horribly. Why does he continue to do this kind of stuff?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: