Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight  (Read 33957 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »

i'd like to have a Blu-Ray from all those small appearances.....wait, must be some 10 disc set ot so  hihi
doesnt change that i like to see him performing on stage, he still looks very cool!  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »

Its kind of a double edged sword.. without all these "appearances" maybe Slash would be some use to be guitar icon

I don't even want to pretend how tough it must be to try and stay in the spotlight and relevant. Especially for a guitar player.

so, that is why I give him a pass on a lot of stuff

If Axl came out and did a duet thing with Lil Wayne and Eminem, I would be the first to say it was awesome

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »

Slash & Fergie performed "Sweet Child O' Mine" at the Pre-Grammy Gala:

US singer Fergie (left) and British-born former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash perform at the Pre-Grammy Gala at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills. The star-studded event was part of the 2010 Grammy Salute To Industry Icons honored Universal Music Group Worldwide Chairman Doug Morris. The Academy presented Morris with the President's Merit Award in recognition of his significant contributions to the music industry and the impact his efforts have had on music and the business of music. -- PHOTO: AFP

Some photos:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&p=slash%20fergie%20grammy

http://www.grammy.com/photos/pre-grammy-gala-slash-and-fergie?page=30

Here is video of the performance:

"Sweet Child O' Mine" Slash sits in with Black Eyed Peas at Clive Davis' pre-grammy Gala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpfkgP7VXE

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2010, 03:43:27 AM »

Izzy has a writing credit on Locomotive according to ASCAP, a song he didn't write a note of and didn't even perform on

Slash and Izzy wrote the music to Locomotive when they were living together in the house in the Hollywood Hills in early '89.

The credits on the album sleeves are not the official ASCAP credits, for example on AFD the band worked out a percentage scheme for every band member, including Steven Adler, who obviously never wrote anything for GNR.  Every GNR song is officially credited for a different percentage to each member of the band (for UYI minus Steven Adler).

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: