Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver  (Read 69442 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 21, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With VELVET REVOLVER - Nov. 21, 2012

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland tells RollingStone.com that he is excited about possibly reuniting with VELVET REVOLVER, which has been on hiatus since he was fired from the band in April 2008. "I am completely open to it, and I know there are other guys in the band that are completely open to it," he says. "There have been some things that have stood in the way that aren't anything that have to do with the band ? just other players, whether it be agents . . . But now we're sorting through things, and we want to start writing for some big film opportunities that have come our way, and try to set things up the way we set things up when we initially got together.

"I think it's the perfect time for VELVET REVOLVER to get back together," he continues. "Slash has done some great things, and I look forward to the opportunity to seeing him on my left and seeing Duff McKagan ? who, in my opinion, is without a doubt one of the greatest rock and roll and punk rock bass players of all time. And is still in amazing shape ? is more ripped than just about any 25-year-old on the planet. And with Matt [Sorum] and Dave [Kushner] as well, who are just incredible musicians. I think that's exciting to look forward to. It's the old clich?, 'If the gods of rock want it to happen, then it will.'"

On the status of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, Weiland says, "I think we kind of overplayed ourselves by playing the same set over and over. I think the band needs to take some time off and be creative again. I always felt that our creativity and the growth we made within making records as artists was equally as important as we were as a live band. The transformation from 'Core' to where we ended up before we took that time off, when I started with VELVET REVOLVER, was enormous. I think we need to get back to that. I don't think that touring consistently with a greatest hits package gets you anywhere. It diminishes things."

During an appearance on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM last May, Slash was asked whether there was any truth to the reports that VELVET REVOLVER was once again working with the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman. "I talked to Dave Kushner and he said that he and Scott had some conversations at some point about getting back together. But I remember that was sort of Scott's M.O. when we did that reunion thing [VELVET REVOLVER reunited for a short performance at the January 'Love You Madly: A Concert For John O'Brien' at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. (see videobelow) ? Ed.] So he's been interested in burying the hatchet and getting back together and sort of juggling this whole STP/VELVET REVOLVER perfect-world thing. And I'm, like, there's no way that's gonna happen. I love Scott ? he's a great guy when I'm not in a band with him. I'd just like to keep it that way. So there's no truth to this whole thing. [It's been given] way more attention than it even deserves."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182584

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »

I wouldn't put too much stock in his statements on VR. His tour kicks off on Sunday he uses VR to draw attention to his solo shows. Would be a dream come true. I love what Slash is doing now but I don't know if the conspirators have anything left to offer for another album
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

Make it HAPPEN.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that Scott juggling VR and STP is a GOOD thing?

The guy is clearly insane and gets bored with the same old routine pretty easily.  So let him do VR for 2-3 years, then switch back to STP for 2-3 years.  He can do his solo stuff in between if he wants.  I know this decision is not his to make, he does have other bandmates who are arguably bigger than he is who might not be ok with that arrangement, but why the hell wouldn't you at least want to try? 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »

Slash is already writing with the Conspirators for a new record. Once they go in the studio to record its oever for VR unless they go on without him which will never happen
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »

good news

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »

I think we can probably file this in the "Scott's blathering on about something that's not even on the stove, let alone a front burner of said stove of the guy who wears a top hat and wants nothing to do with anyone with front man disease at this point in his career" cabinet.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
overmatik
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Here he comes again... To me the best part about this interview is the fact that he is going to tour South America. I loved his last solo record and hope he plays lots of songs from that one.

As regarding VR, Slash is focused on his band, at least while Myles is in it.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 10:12:06 PM »

I think we can probably file this in the "Scott's blathering on about something that's not even on the stove, let alone a front burner of said stove of the guy who wears a top hat and wants nothing to do with anyone with front man disease at this point in his career" cabinet.

Well said.  I'd love to see it myself, but I think Slash made it pretty clear that he wasn't interested in being in a band with Scott again.
overmatik
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »

Well said.  I'd love to see it myself, but I think Slash made it pretty clear that he wasn't interested in being in a band with Scott again.

In the end Izzy was right, it should have been the four of them and both Izzy and Duff could handle vocals. At least we would be able to listen to Dust N Bones, 14 Years and Double Talkin Jive live, not to mention the great songs they would surely write together...  peace
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »

Would be cool.  I don't think anyone else can be the singer of this band.  They are very good together.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »

I would love nothing more than to see it happen. Loaded used to be a great band when they did things old school, now you have to deal with possibly the must fucked up fanbase in rock history Shocked Slash's new stuff is bad; Let's be honest, Slash has really done nothing outstanding without Duff or Izzy involved. Sorum is definitely in, and Kushner is probably begging them to try it again. I say replace Slash with Dean DeLeo and go for it.

IMO, Slash is the hold up but I could be wrong. Matt and Duff are pretty high on Kings of Chaos and Duff has The Walking Papers and Loaded still but Loaded could very easily go on the back burner again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:16:02 PM by KD8LNW » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »

if you replace Slash with Dean you have to replace Duff with Rob Deleo because those two will not sound good together. Rob provides his brother Dean with a perfect pocket. Duff and Slash work because both play aggressively and in your face
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 05:57:01 PM »

Let's be honest, Slash has really done nothing outstanding without Duff or Izzy involved.

LOL, ok!  ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »

I don't like the Slash and Myles project, also Duff's albeit infrequent musical efforts don't interest me either. VR had some decent songs, but Slash seems so wrapped up in this Myles crap lately that he won't even consider anything else ATM.  Roll Eyes
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »

Now that he's sober he wants to get VR back. imo when Slash makes another record,tours it and Duff makes his Walking Papers run maybe then we'll have updates.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »

Slash is already writing with the Conspirators for a new record. Once they go in the studio to record its oever for VR unless they go on without him which will never happen

I think Alter Bridge has plans to get back together next year.

Slash and Duff have already said they like Scott but don't want to work with him on a full time basis. And in Scott's book, he was thrown into VR because his wife at the time convinced him to do it and the record label was making a big deal out of it. It didn't come together naturally, and it's Slash's doing on wanting major label backing and not do it the way Izzy wanted it, but could you imagine them doing a van tour?

kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

It's just wishful thinking on Mr. Weiland's part I think.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:02:31 AM by kobys » Logged

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »

Can't see VR working with a different front-man at this point. Work it out guys. Or move on without Slash if that is the holdup.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »

Can't see VR working with a different front-man at this point. Work it out guys. Or move on without Slash if that is the holdup.

Are you serious?  You can't see them without Scott but you can see them without Slash?  I'd wager that the general public would see it exactly the opposite way, as Slash is a bigger star/draw than Weiland.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: