Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saw III
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saw III  (Read 6185 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: October 07, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »

Jigsaw has disappeared. Now aided by his new apprentice Amanda (Shawnee Smith), the puppet-master behind the cruel, intricate games that have terrified a community and baffled police has once again eluded capture and vanished. While city detectives scramble to locate him, Dr. Lynn Denlon (Bahar Soomekh) is unaware that she is about to become the latest pawn on his vicious chessboard. One night, after finishing a shift at her hospital, Lynn is kidnapped by the deranged Amanda and taken to an abandoned warehouse where she meets Jigsaw, aka: John Kramer (Tobin Bell), who's now bedridden and on the verge of death. Lynn is told that she must keep the madman alive for as long as it takes Jeff (Angus Macfayden), another of his victims, to complete a game of his own. Racing against the ticking clock of Jigsaw's own heartbeat, Lynn and Jeff struggle to make it through each of their vicious tests, unaware that Jigsaw and Amanda have a much bigger plan for both of them...

Comes out on Halloween...Wonder what messed up things there gonna have this time

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 10:30:02 PM »

Part 2 was a bit of a letdown but I'm still looking forward to this. I believe it opens the night of the FT Myers/Estero show, so it will be taking the backburner on my priorities for that weekend.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:53:34 AM »

I cannot wait to see this!

I thought Part 2 was pretty fuckin good though, They still kept it suspenseful with a great twist at the end.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:58:09 AM »

Part 2 was a bit of a letdown but I'm still looking forward to this. I believe it opens the night of the FT Myers/Estero show, so it will be taking the backburner on my priorities for that weekend.

It opens 4 days after...

So you decided to go to this show?

Yeah, i saw the preview at the theatre today, they didnt really explain the plot, just showed some scenes.. its gonna kick ass!
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:02:33 AM »

it doesn't actually come out on halloween, it comes out on October 27th.

im so fuckin stoked for this movie, I and II are pretty much my favorite horror movies.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 03:44:15 AM »

Part One was so fucking ridiculous.. seriously, the whole theater was cracking up! It was like there was an inside joke between the makers of the movie and they just wanted to make people laugh.

I loved it... the acting... haha.. at the end of the movie when the two main guys were all crying n shit... someone tell me they can relate to what I'm talking about.  hihi

#2 was good too. But not as ridiculously funny.

Hopefully #3 is just as good.

I love these cheesy movies...

gnrevolution.com
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 06:48:33 AM »

Umm, a cheesy movie is like Night of the Living Dead, or Dead Alive.

The Saw movies are far ahead of the typical horror movie.  Saw is on an Edgar Allen Poe level. 
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 07:33:33 AM »

I thought the first film was an intresting idea - thought the second one was so tame you could keep it as a pet and think the third will probably be good enough to avoid

I'm also seriously disturbed by people that like these films

a) because they are frankly godawful
b) if the scenes are ''entertaing'' then....frankly your mentally unbalanced. This kind of thing shouldn't be entertaining

''yeah but its not real, stuff like that doesn't happen in real life......''

Go check out the latest UN report on Iraq. They manage considerably worse.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »

I thought the first film was an intresting idea
if the scenes are ''entertaing'' then....frankly your mentally unbalanced. This kind of thing shouldn't be entertaining

Err, so... you thought the idea is interesting in itself, but still, a movie shouldn't've been made out of it?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 08:05:03 AM »

I thought the first film was an intresting idea
if the scenes are ''entertaing'' then....frankly your mentally unbalanced. This kind of thing shouldn't be entertaining

Err, so... you thought the idea is interesting in itself, but still, a movie shouldn't've been made out of it?

The idea itself is an intresting one - but it holds interest as an idea only. As a graphic reality appealing to psychotics with barely - repressed homicidal urges...it loses that interest.

Watch the film if you must - but to claim you had a great time watching generic ethnic sterotype #1 be incinerated is......deeply worrying

'wasn't it great when so and so got crushed n' all the blood came out??'
'yeah that was awesome!!11!!!1111!!''

I've seen both the films in this series so far - and i'm assuming i did so just to remind myself how desperatly sad this world is, because that was my thinking as  i left the cinema

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 08:59:26 AM »

'wasn't it great when so and so got crushed n' all the blood came out??'
'yeah that was awesome!!11!!!1111!!''

That's a bit over the top, I doubt many adults would get hyped up about the movie in that sense... Yet, I think it's pretty narrow-minded to label people sociopaths just because they aren't as repulsed by the scenes as you are. Guess we all just have our own tresholds to these things.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Evolution
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:29 AM »

I'm certainly off to see this one. It's more of a "awww man" kind of laugh along rather than a horror flick.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 09:29:50 AM »

I look forward to this jsut to sit there in a theather, with a six pack, and popcorn, and escape, laugh and go owh,god "told him/her not to do that".lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Steel_Angel
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 03:33:47 PM »

I saw part 2 in the theater, it was alright, havent seen the first part.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »

I saw part 2 in the theater, it was alright, havent seen the first part.

ah... wait, no... ah...

wait... SNAP!

I'm in the same boat.

And, what... Oh dear. Bit o' Cannibal. This relation through association is enough to give an upstanding member of society such as myself a heart attack.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

I love these cheesy movies...

Take it back!? hihi

They're not cheesy, not like the Friday the 13th or? Elm St. movies. They're more hardcore and unpredictable than the typical formulaic horror movie. A lot of horror movies out today try to mimic Saw. It's true.

Silent Hill, now that was funny.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 08:07:09 PM »

I thought the first film was an intresting idea - thought the second one was so tame you could keep it as a pet and think the third will probably be good enough to avoid

I'm also seriously disturbed by people that like these films

a) because they are frankly godawful
b) if the scenes are ''entertaing'' then....frankly your mentally unbalanced. This kind of thing shouldn't be entertaining

''yeah but its not real, stuff like that doesn't happen in real life......''

Go check out the latest UN report on Iraq. They manage considerably worse.

Dude you gotta be kidding me. I'm not laughing at the blood and gore. Did I ever say that?

I'm laughing at the ridiculous B-movie acting in the first movie. Even when I said "when they were crying n shit"... it was just because it seemed so ridiculously fake. Go watch the last 40 min of the original Saw.. bad acting at it's finest. Honestly.. the whole theater was laughing.

Anyways..

In responce to Journey and the other people telling me Saw isn't funny... I guess it's opinion. I hardly think Saw is a very scary or clever.. but I do enjoy the movies. And they are pretty good! I was a fan of the first one! Most people didn't even care about the Saw series until the second one came out... so I consider myself a Saw fan.

And.. Silent Hill wasn't funny. It was bad.  hihi. Can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on that!

gnrevolution.com
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »

I loved both of them so far, as did many, many other people. In fact, Millions of people love Horror movies in general. So I guess in Izzy's eyes, millions of people are "mentaly unbalanced" for enjoying a specific genere of movie.

Axl is God.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »

I like the 1st two. I think Saw II was better than Saw I. I will check Saw III out for sure.  I think the Saw movies are some good horror movie when you compare them to some of the other ones over the past few years. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 05:21:57 PM »

Saw III' has brains and heart
By STEVE TILLEY -- Toronto Sun

PLOT: A terminally ill Jigsaw carries out his final game, a twisted life lesson for a grieving father, a depressed doctor and Jigsaw?s own murderous apprentice.

There?s a lot to be said for low expectations. Predict the worst, and you?ll either end up being exactly right, or you?ll get a pleasant surprise. It?s win-win.

The original Saw was a cheap yet clever little flick, but Saw II felt more like a cold and nasty exercise in making people cringe, with a large cast of dull and unlikable cretins getting their gruesome just desserts.

You might think the shot-in-Toronto Saw III would be more of the same ? expecting the worst and all ? but you?d be wrong. Saw III isn?t just by far the best film of the series, it?s one of the better horror movies of the year.

John Kramer, aka Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), isn?t dead ? yet. Bedridden with terminal brain cancer, he?s got one last twisted lesson to teach, this time to Jeff (Angus Macfadyen), a grieving father who can?t move past the death of his son at the hands of a careless driver.

With the help of his protege Amanda (Shawnee Smith), Jigsaw constructs his most elaborate game yet, kidnapping a talented but troubled doctor (Crash?s Bahar Soomekh) to keep him alive long enough to see his plan through to the end.

Everything fans of the franchise could want is here: Gruesome deathtraps, jolting plot twists, black humour and, of course, blood. Oh yes, there will be blood.

While there?s nothing quite as intense as Saw II?s pit of dirty syringes, an extended sequence involving drills, saws and a shiny white hunk of exposed skull gets pretty close. To say nothing of the vat full of liquified pig parts. Yum.

But aside from some slightly slow pacing here and there, everything clicks. There isn?t a weak link in the cast, and Bell?s mix of ruthlessness and humanity makes Jigsaw one of the most fascinating screen killers in recent memory.

Fans of the franchise will swoon over the way Saw III ties up many of the loose ends, including the fate of Saw II?s principal characters, a deeper explanation of the relationship between Jigsaw and Amanda, and even a peek at the events that took place right before the original Saw.

Without giving too much away, Saw III could well be the last film in the series, because it?s tough to see where it could go from here. That said, the ending does leave the door open for another chapter, if series screenwriter Leigh Whannell can figure out a way to escape the corner he?s painted himself into.

If Saw III is a sign of the direction this series is headed, hopefully he?ll find a way out of his own devious trap. What a pleasant surprise that would be.

BOTTOM LINE: Saw III is gross and squirmy, but it?s got a lot of brains and heart to go along with its guts. Better than Saw and Saw II combined.

(This film is rated 18A)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: