Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:00:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 22nd, 2016 San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 22nd, 2016 San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium  (Read 23138 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2016, 12:42:53 PM »

There is 21 hours left out for the day that the band isn't on stage.  Tons of time to practice.   

Don't let common sense and logic get in the way of whining....

So its your contention that is what they are doing, then?

Don't lob your little passive aggressive grenade and then scurry back into the woodpile.  Defend it.

Oh please.

Ignorance is bliss.

You and your Canadian cyber buddy think you have an idea of what goes on, but the reality is different.

Here's a word for you to disregard: Soundcheck.

And another one: Rehearsals.

Now go on and pretend this post never happened and you really do have a clue about how GN'R operates.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

There is 21 hours left out for the day that the band isn't on stage.  Tons of time to practice.   

Don't let common sense and logic get in the way of whining....

So its your contention that is what they are doing, then?

Don't lob your little passive aggressive grenade and then scurry back into the woodpile.  Defend it.

Not to speak for Jarmo here, but my interpretation of what he is saying is that... NO... there aren't 21 hours in a day for that during the tour. Really the only time they have for that is during soundcheck and that time is dedicated more to dialing in the sound and instrument setups which leads more to Jamming than it does to practicing a specific tune.

Vegas was sort of unique that they got a second arena with a stage setup to run longer rehearsals prior to a show.

With that said... I will remove myself from the middle of the always playful DX and Jarmo show.

If the only things we have to complain about after more than 2 dozen hugely successful stadium shows are a mistimed solo in a song they played once and a 'weak' performance of a song that has only been played by this lineup twice (yet was arguably as good as it's ever been been played live) then we have it really really good as a fanbase.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »

If the only things we have to complain about after more than 2 dozen hugely successful stadium shows are a mistimed solo in a song they played once and a 'weak' performance of a song that has only been played by this lineup twice (yet was arguably as good as it's ever been been played live) then we have it really really good as a fanbase.

I think any night you get a TWAT, UTLH, or even a 'Yesterdays'...that's a bonus.  It's gravy.  It might not be super sharp, but you didn't expect it anyway.

The songs that got played night in, night out, were all excellent.  Vocals and music.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »

From what I saw on YouTube, he stopped in UTLH because Slash actually played the solo earlier than what he was supposed to.

Thought the same.

Which, unfortunately is what happens when you only do a song every blue moon.  Partly why I can't give full throated calls to unearth some rarity they never do.  Odds are it will sound pretty rough.  I imagine if they did TWAT on the regular, it would sound better.  But once every 3-4 months, is going to be a work in progress, and sound like it.

I have a Pearl Jam bootleg where someone yells out a song title and Eddie says "honestly, we haven't played that in years and I'm not sure we even remember it."

Agree on TWAT. That's a pretty complex song, so they should play it more if they want it to sound more tight. Same thing can be said about Coma. The reason it's so tight is because they're playing it every night. That's a song with lots of tempo changes and chords. I see people claiming they should play Locomotive (myself included), but that's another song that fits into this category.. It needs to be played often to sound right

As for Used to Love Her, that song is one of the simplest 3 chords songs ever, they don't really need to rehearse it to sound good. But they're human beings, sometimes they screw up, Slash probably got distracted and started the solo earlier. No big deal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:53:13 PM by Eduardo » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2016, 02:47:41 PM »

Agree on TWAT. That's a pretty complex song, so they should play it more if they want it to sound more tight. Same thing can be said about Coma. The reason it's so tight is because they're playing it every night. That's a song with lots of tempo changes and chords. I see people claiming they should play Locomotive (myself included), but that's another song that fits into this category.. It needs to be played often to sound right

Totally agree, in principle.

But the weird thing about 'Locomotive' is that the last 2 times it was played (12.13.91 in NYC, 2.20.92 in Tokyo), it was basically flawless. 

Music sounds tight, and Axl doesn't mess up one line.  And fact it, that song has a lot of lyrics.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »

But the weird thing about 'Locomotive' is that the last 2 times it was played (12.13.91 in NYC, 2.20.92 in Tokyo), it was basically flawless. 

Music sounds tight, and Axl doesn't mess up one line.  And fact it, that song has a lot of lyrics.

Yeah, maybe if they played it it would sound right, we don't know. I hope they play it... I'd rather hear Locomotive than Coma in Sao Paulo  drool

I think out of these 3 songs, TWAT is the most complex. It seems to me it's a studio song, that doesn't really work live. Actually I think that applies to most of CD.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »

Yeah, maybe if they played it it would sound right, we don't know. I hope they play it... I'd rather hear Locomotive than Coma in Sao Paulo  drool

I think out of these 3 songs, TWAT is the most complex. It seems to me it's a studio song, that doesn't really work live. Actually I think that applies to most of CD.

For sure agree with TWAT. It didn't sound good live being there with all the complexities of the song.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

Final bow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gyIio7ifI
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: