Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:46:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227964 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Gonna but an Epiphone Les Paul Standar
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gonna but an Epiphone Les Paul Standar  (Read 7583 times)
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« on: October 25, 2004, 06:07:37 PM »

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-i28366.music

I think that If I?m lucky I?ll get it fot Christmas.My current guitar is an Squire Strat (a real piece of crap).I want the black one!
What do you think about it?

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 06:40:06 AM »

I have one, not black though ! I'm happy with it but I'm no guitar hero so ...  Grin Wink

The force ... the force ...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 07:27:55 AM »

Epiphone's are very good guitars and very well worth the money. Hope you'll get it for christmas then dude!  yes

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 06:09:21 PM »

Thanks, it?s gonna be hard to get the 500 dollars for christmas but I?ll see what I can do...

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 06:16:04 PM »

Hey, I was trying to look for the a cheaper Epiphone Standard (by looking on diferent places) and I found  the Les Paul Standard Plus:
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=31018&TempID=8&STRID=18650&Method=3&CategoryID=681&BrandID=1343&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=1&DepartmentKeeper=1&pagesize=10&SortMethod=1&Word1=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=nonetodaythanks

It?s only 20 dollars cheaper but, I dont really have a lot of cash right now so I wanted to know, is it better? worst? what?s the diference?

Baby Slash//

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 07:22:17 AM »

I have a Epi LP Std and its an amazing guitar, the difference between a plus and a std is just colour chopices I think, so dont hold me to it.  peace
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:19:20 AM »

I was looking for a good backup guitar so I got an epiphone les paul classic plus about 2 weeks ago.

Its a good guitar by all means, looks killer. Makes me feel like jimmy page.

But yeah don't expect a perfect guitar, mine has some flaws in the playability/fretwork and the pickups, but for the price i cant complain at all.

Its the guitar i practice on now to protect my main guitar from wearing down its frets too much.

I don't know if it's just my model or the whole epiphone les paul range, but mine is really really really light. Be good to have on stage for another reason other than its looks, no sore shoulder. ok
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:40:14 PM »

I think buying a used Gibson Les Paul Standard is a better value. Also the prices at Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are way too high. If you call or e-mail the recommended dealers at www.lespaulforum.com they can beat those chain store prices by hundreds of dollars on some models. Not to mention they get better guitars than those shitty guitar malls. You can mail order the exact guitar you see on their sites, not just based on a generic stock photo.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 06:22:27 AM »

I was looking for a good backup guitar so I got an epiphone les paul classic plus about 2 weeks ago.

Its a good guitar by all means, looks killer. Makes me feel like jimmy page.

But yeah don't expect a perfect guitar, mine has some flaws in the playability/fretwork and the pickups, but for the price i cant complain at all.

Its the guitar i practice on now to protect my main guitar from wearing down its frets too much.

I don't know if it's just my model or the whole epiphone les paul range, but mine is really really really light. Be good to have on stage for another reason other than its looks, no sore shoulder. ok

Yeah i got a Epiphone Les Paul Standard a couple of months ago...and i was surprised at how light it was. Usually Les Pauls are abit heavy, thats why i prefer Gibson SG'S cos they alot lighter but man this is light.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 10:22:04 AM »

Yeah i got a Epiphone Les Paul Standard a couple of months ago...and i was surprised at how light it was. Usually Les Pauls are abit heavy, thats why i prefer Gibson SG'S cos they alot lighter but man this is light.

Most newer Les Pauls weigh around 9lbs. Epiphone LPs aren't constructed the same way as Gibsons, using different wood in some cases and that may account for lightness.
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 11:12:48 AM »

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=850849%7C940498&PRID=1359686

One Word, Agile

Same thing as Epi, but lower cost. This Les Paul is actually better than any Epi Les Paul made. Don't trust me? Go to the www.ultimate-guitar.com Forums and ask them.

PS this guitar competes with the Elite series. Thats right, the $1000 Epis... and this one is only $400!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »

Two years ago there was a Les Paul copy test in Total Guitar where some of the best Les Paul copies of the world where tested and Epiphone was the winner by far in that test...
nice_boy84
Opening Act

bootleger

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 02:24:16 PM »

Epiphone Elites are great, but for that prize u can get a GIBSON studio at least, which will be better !!

i have a Epi STD and works good !, more than enough to me

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 05:35:07 PM »

I think buying a used Gibson Les Paul Standard is a better value. Also the prices at Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are way too high. If you call or e-mail the recommended dealers at www.lespaulforum.com they can beat those chain store prices by hundreds of dollars on some models. Not to mention they get better guitars than those shitty guitar malls. You can mail order the exact guitar you see on their sites, not just based on a generic stock photo.

In wich pleace of the site can I see the guitars www.lepaulforum.com offers?

Baby Slash//

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 12:40:02 AM »

Epiphone Elites are great, but for that prize u can get a GIBSON studio at least, which will be better !!

i have a Epi STD and works good !, more than enough to me
Almost all Gibson Studios WILL NOT be better than the Japanese made Epiphone Elite series.  The Epiphone Elite guitars are probably better than most Gibsons being made today.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 01:57:55 PM »

In wich pleace of the site can I see the guitars www.lepaulforum.com offers?

Baby Slash//

All these places require you to call or email for the actual prices. Gibson does not allow them to post actual prices on the web. I've bought 59 reissue from Daves, Wildwood and Guitar Galleria, all had great service and prices. Some of these dealers carry Epi's too:

http://www.davesguitar.com/gibson/

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/us/Gibson_USA_Home.html

http://www.themusiczoo.com/gibsoncustomandusalespauls.htm

http://www.ccitymusic.com/el/usa/flamelistp.htm (I heard these guys have the best prices)

http://www.guitargalleria.com
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 08:13:27 PM »

Almost all Gibson Studios WILL NOT be better than the Japanese made Epiphone Elite series.  The Epiphone Elite guitars are probably better than most Gibsons being made today.

You'll like this story miz, a couple years ago I bought a second hand studio off of ebay.

Upon receiving it I realised that it was a mix of parts, so I took  it to a friend who's a guitar expert.

Turns out it's a standard with a messed up paint job and a different badge and a new bridge.

Not bad for ?450 eh?
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 12:24:09 PM »

Thats not bad at all.  The trouble with ebay though, is you could have bought a standard, only to find out it was a studio, with a different paint job, which would suck.  Tongue
What's the paint job like? and has it got a maple cap then?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 01:24:04 PM »

Black gloss but it's flaking off around the volume & tone knobs so they assumed they should sell it cheaper.

Dummies.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 09:06:49 PM »

Most newer Les Pauls weigh around 9lbs. Epiphone LPs aren't constructed the same way as Gibsons, using different wood in some cases and that may account for lightness.

Oh yeah fair enough, i dunno what fucking wood their using, it could be fucken bulsar wood it's that fucking light lol.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 10:57:58 PM »

Black gloss but it's flaking off around the volume & tone knobs so they assumed they should sell it cheaper.

Dummies.
Lol.  It's nice for people who like to play the guitar that some people care so much about it's appearence.

So does it not have binding then? Because if it does, surely the guy selling it must've known it was a standard?

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 07:42:21 PM »

Nope no binding.  It's a fucked up guitar that sounds awesome.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 10:01:45 AM »

Cool Cool

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 03:23:06 PM »

That?s it guys, IM BUYING IT.Hopfully I?ll have it in 2 weeks, I?ll post the pics when I have it in my hands!!!!!!!!!

Baby Slash//

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: