Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hispanic != Race. Hispanic= Acknowledgement of Inassimilation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hispanic != Race. Hispanic= Acknowledgement of Inassimilation  (Read 1669 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 03, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

All rightful immigrants from Mexico, Brazil, Panama, and other "Hispanic" countries should shun the title and insist upon being labelled by their racial background. Even if they're part black, white, native, and Asian, they should simply check all of those boxes and ignore the Hispanic box. Here's why. Hispanic describes people from Spanish speaking countries with Spanish culture and ideals. It isn't a racial term at all. It's borderline meaningless, but it has a single, serious meaning for life in America; it means the immigrant hasn't adjusted to his new life yet. He is intentionally discriminating against himself and keeping himself down by using this label. He celebrates weakness and stupidity, not innovation and perseverance. This is the liberal mindset; liberals exist to destroy successful establishments. Liberal thinking is poisoning the minds of the immigrants that should be the lifeblood of this country.

Here's my question. When will it end? It's possible for a lilly white Spaniard to come to America as a Hispanic. By the 4th generation, when his family is fully assimilated and American, is the use of the Hispanic title appropriate? (No) The use of the Hispanic title now comes with the assumption that the bearer of it WILL NOT ASSIMILATE. He would prefer to carry his cultural baggage instead of becoming a pure American. He refuses to give up his failed ideals and aspire to American ideals. Trust me; his ideals are a failure. All ideals are a failure compared to American ideals. Well, at least in America. Wink

My ultimate suggestion is this. Immigrants from a Hispanic background should refuse to mention it. Speak English, become American, and leave foreign values where they belong: in foreign nations. All it takes is a commitment to assimilate and the extra effort to check a few extra boxes and not a single, familiar one. All Americans learned this without issues, and Hispanics can learn it too; they're just as smart as the Irish, probably smarter. "Hispanic" should only be mentioned when one is admitting that one isn't a normal American. After enough years of life here, the title can be ceremoniously discarded with pride.
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:59:30 PM »

He celebrates weakness and stupidity, not innovation and perseverance.

Trust me; his ideals are a failure. All ideals are a failure compared to American ideals.

Oh dear God. You sound as bad as an 'Hispanic' or Hitler, whichever is worse  Roll Eyes

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:10 PM »

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »

walk must have been one beaten up kid Smiley

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

All rightful immigrants from Mexico, Brazil, Panama, and other "Hispanic" countries should shun the title and insist upon being labelled by their racial background.

Odd. I never knew people from Brazil were also called "Hispanic". I'm brazilian (well, sort of, my parents weren't born there, but I was) and never noticed that. How weird.? Grin
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 04:44:01 PM »

No "race" is "greater" or "smarter" than any other, leave people to their own thinking. If they want to be called Hispanic then let them be called Hispanic.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »

Use of the Hispanic title now comes with the assumption that the bearer of it WILL NOT ASSIMILATE.

"I am Locutus of Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.  Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service us."

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: