Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 135188 times)
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2006, 10:55:15 AM »

The German dates haven't been touched yet, and the rest of the dates are just being postponed.
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »

05.24.06 THE ROLLING STONES FORCED TO POSTPONE SHOWS AS KEITH RICHARDS CONTINUES TO MAKE FULL RECOVERY
The first 15 shows on The Rolling Stones 'A Bigger Bang' European Tour from Barcelona, Spain on May 27 through to Zagreb, Croatia on July 5 have now been postponed.

The shows that are postponed are:

Sat May 27 Barcelona, ES Stadi Olimpic Montuic
Mon May 29 Madrid, ES Estadio Vicente Calderon
Thurs June 1 Brussels, BE King Bauduin Stadium
Sat June 3 Paris, FR Stade de France
Tues June 6 Bergen, NO Koengen
Thurs June 8 Horsens, DK Forum Horsens
Sat June 10 Gothenburg, SE Nya Ullevi
Tues June 13 St Petersburg, RU Kirov Stadium
Fri June 16 Brno, CZ Vystaviste
Sun June 18 Warsaw, PL Airport Bemowo
Tues June 20 Vienna, AT Ernst Happel Stadion
Thurs June 22 Milan, IT Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
Sun June 25 Athens GR Olympic Stadium
Fri July 2 Paris, FR Stade de France
Mon July 5 Zagreb, HR Maksimir Stadium

www.rollingstones.com/news/tour.php?uid=545

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2006, 11:02:33 AM »

They'll make any decisions about the German dates in about 4 to 6 weeks.  If Keith continues to recover like he has, they'll be all set for the dates post July 5th.  If there are any setbacks, they'll postpone more of the tour.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »

Straight from the wire:

BC-People-Rolling Stones, 2nd Ld-Writethru,0292
Rolling Stones postpone 15 tour dates in wake of Keith Richards? head injury
Eds: ADDS photo number; omits extraneous word in overline; SUBS 2nd graf to CORRECT date to Saturday from Friday. Moving on general news and entertainment services.
AP Photo NYET198
 LONDON (AP) ? The Rolling Stones on Wednesday postponed the first 15 dates of their European tour as guitarist Keith Richards recovers from a head injury.
 Stones publicist LD Communications said the European leg of the band?s ?A Bigger Bang? tour, which had been due to start Saturday in Barcelona, Spain, would now begin in July at a venue and city to be announced.
 It said the rescheduled dates would be announced in the next few days.
 The postponed gigs were scheduled for Barcelona and Madrid, Spain; Brussels, Belgium; Paris; Bergen, Norway; Horsens, Denmark; Gothenburg, Sweden; St. Petersburg, Russia; Brno, Czech Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Vienna, Austria; Milan, Italy; Athens, Greece; and Zagreb, Croatia.
 The postponement of the two Paris shows on June 3 and July 2 was announced Tuesday by French organizers.
 Richards, 62, was injured April 27 in Fiji. News reports variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski. Richards later had surgery in New Zealand to relieve pressure in his head.
 The Stones? official fan Web site said in a statement Monday that Richards had returned to the United States ? he lives in Westport, Conn. ? and ?is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month.?
 Huh
 On the Net:
 http://www.rollingstones.com
 AP-ES-05-24-06 0952EDT

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »

Why not just get a fill in for those dates..... at this point he can barely play the guitar anyway.
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »

Why not just get a fill in for those dates..... at this point he can barely play the guitar anyway.

perhaps buckethead?

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Origen
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »

Because alot of fans want to see Keith Richards not just some stand in.

If the original lineup of GnR were still touring, people would be pissed if they paid to see them and wanted to see Slash and all they got was some fill in guitarist.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »

thank fuck the amsterdam one isn't postponed, i've already booked my flights out there

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2006, 06:44:35 PM »

It should be the RS opening up for Gn'R.

That band is so damn overrated.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2006, 11:03:10 PM »

I hope Richards is better for July for no more dates have to get cancelled.  If they do cancelle the ones with Guns N' roses they might not be able to make them up if Guns N' Roses start a U.S. tour in Sep.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »

shut up!! Keith still kicks serious ass on guitar.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
badapple81
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »

Richards ready to roll after head injury
Tuesday Jul 11 14:26 AEST

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards says he can't wait to get back on stage after recovering from a head injury that forced the band to delay the European leg of a world tour.

"Everything's cool," 62-year-old Richards told a news conference on the eve of the first concert of the European leg.

The ageing rock band, revered for such classics as Start Me Up and Jumpin' Jack Flash, was supposed to begin the European leg with a show in Barcelona in May.

But they pushed back the date to let Richards recover from surgery after suffering concussion when he fell out of a tree while on holiday in Fiji in April.

They also changed the country, choosing Italy for their opening gig.

"I've recovered ... I can't wait to get back on the stage," said Richards.

Fellow guitarist Ronnie Wood was just as keen, saying he was ready to play after checking out of a London rehabilitation centre for alcohol abuse.

"I feel great," said Wood.

The four-member band will perform at the San Siro soccer stadium in the northern Italian city of Milan on Tuesday before embarking on a 20-show tour of Europe that will end at Horsens, Denmark on September 3.

Wearing a silver suit and violet shirt, the band's singer Mick Jagger said the set list would be different from the one they had performed in Asia and the Americas.

"We keep moving it along all the time," he said.

Since the 2005 release of their latest album A Bigger Bang, the Rolling Stones have performed on three continents before a combined total of 4.5 million fans, according to their tour director.

Their biggest show was at Copacabana Beach, where they played before one and a half million people.

They also performed in Beijing for the first time.

Mystery still surrounds the circumstances of Richards' accident and he remained vague about it at the news conference, saying only that he fell from a small tree and not a coconut tree as had been reported.

"If you saw the tree you would understand the joke," he said.

"It was a very little tree."

Richards confirmed he would make a cameo appearance in the third instalment of the popular Pirates of the Caribbean movie series, saying he would spend a week on the set in September.

He is to act as the father of Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.

The movie is due to be released in 2007.

Jagger left open the possibility of the Rolling Stones recording another album and doing another tour.

"We look forward to doing more," he said

www.ninemsn.com.au
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

The Rolling Stones
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro, Milan, Italy
Tuesday July 11, 2006

1.  Jumping Jack Flash
   2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
   3. Oh No Not You Again
   4. Let's Spend The Night Together
   5. Tumbling Dice
   6. Streets Of Love
   7. Con Le Mie Lacrime
   8. Midnight Rambler
   9. Night Time Is The Right Time
      --- Introductions
  10. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
  11. Slipping Away (Keith)
  12. Miss You (to B-stage)
  13. Rough Justice
  14. Under My Thumb
  15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
  16. Sympathy For The Devil
  17. Start Me Up
  18. Brown Sugar
  19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
  20. Satisfaction (encore)

Review by Sjouke Hoving
After the accident with Keith so many people were sceptical about the Rolling Stones European Tour. Well, it must be said? no dissappoinment at all after the first show in Milano. It was a hot day, at some point a screen at the San Siro showed 42 degrees Celcius? we met with some people of the IORR forum at the Smooth bar before to talk and have some beers. Thanks Carlo for organizing this? When I went in around 19.30 it was still hot, 39 degrees Celcius? The audience was great, as one can expect from an Italian crowd. p> Feeder opened the show and then around 21.10 the Rolling Stones started their European leg of the Bigger Bang Tour. The opening song Jumping Jack Flash got the crowd very wild as did the next one It?s Only Rock ?n? Roll. Third song was Oh No Not You Again, hard and well received.

First surprise of the evening was Let?s Spend The Night Together. And more surprises were to come. We got three new songs on this opening night. Streets Of Love got a very well reception of the audience, the song was used in a commercial here and the crowd went crazy and sang all along. Probably the biggest surprise of the evening was As Tears Go By, but then in the Italian version (Con Le Mie La Crime). Nothing to say, the crowd went mad?

We got Tumbling Dice, a rocking hard Midnight Rambler, the Ray Charles cover Night Time (Is The Right Time)? followed by the band introduction. The two Keith songs were Before They Make Me Run and Slipping Away. And he was in great shape, running around the stage, laughing, and playing well. Then on with Miss You, with the stage moving to the B-Stage. Rough Justice followed, and it was already visible on the setlist at Charlie?s kit. Finally, Under My Thumb was played on the B-Stage.

Back with Honky Tonk Women, Sympathy For The Devil and the rest of the warhorses Start Me Up and Brown Sugar. After the regular show they had to show the Italian goals in the Worldcup Final on the screen, and the crowd went very loud. The encores were You Can?t Always Get What You Want and Satisfaction. The final encore showed the two Italian football players Materazzi and Del Piero on stage. The band went out with huge applause and fireworks. If someone had any doubts about the greatest rock ?n? roll band in the world, they are back and alive and kicking.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

Anyone going to the concert in june in GBG??

Just got myself a ticket, found out my neighbour had 5 of 'em Cheesy

I was going too, got my ticket and everything... But you know what happened to that... Cry
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2006, 12:01:16 AM »

I'm glad Keith is kickin' ass again.  Cheesy

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »

Rolling Stones Set Fall North American Stadium Run

The Rolling Stones will return to North American for another leg of their A Bigger Bang tour, which is destined to be the top-grossing trek in history. The second North American leg, which follows a run of European stadiums, will launch on Sept. 20 at Boston's Gillette Stadium. The dates will be sponsored by RadioShack.

The Stones are the top-grossing band in the world for the first half of 2006, with nearly $150 million in grosses and 1.1 million in attendance, according to Billboard Boxscore. A Bigger Bang is expected to ultimately ring up total box office of more than $400 million.

The band will play primarily stadiums in such markets as New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas. The run includes such non-traditional tour markets as Halifax, Nova Scotia, Missoula, Mont., Regina, Sask., and Boise, Idaho.

Tour promoter Michael Cohl says ticket prices will be about 10-15% less on the upcoming leg, with an additional $20 discount for students. As-yet-unannounced "young, contemporary opening acts" are promised, according to the band.

An American Express presale begins tomorrow (July 26) for some shows. A limited number of Gold Circle seats will be available, while the remaining 90% of the house will average $89 for stadium shows and $99 for arena gigs.

Additionally, 200 fans will have the opportunity to view each show from onstage, as was the case with the first leg. These seats will also be available at the time of the general public on-sale.

Here are the Rolling Stones' North American tour dates:

Sept. 20: Boston (Gillette Stadium)
Sept. 23: Halifax, Nova Scotia (Halifax Commons)
Sept. 27: East Rutherford, N.J. (Giants Stadium)
Oct. 2: Wichita, Kan. (Cessna Stadium)
Oct. 6: Missoula, Mont. (Grizzly Stadium)
Oct. 8: Regina, Sask. (Mosaic Stadium)
Oct. 11: Chicago (Soldier Field)
Oct. 17: Seattle (Qwest Field)
Oct. 20: El Paso, Texas (Sun Bowl)
Oct. 22: Austin, Texas (Zilker Park)
Oct. 27: Atlantic City, N.J. (Boardwalk Hall)
Nov. 3: Vancouver (BC Place Stadium)
Nov. 5: Oakland, Calif. (McAfee Coliseum)
Nov. 8: Phoenix (Cardinals Stadium)
Nov. 11: Las Vegas (MGM Grand)
Nov. 14: Boise, Idaho (Idaho Center)
Nov. 18: Los Angeles (Dodger Stadium)

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2006, 12:51:30 AM »

My dream has come true, the stones are playing in Missoula MT. This is one show I will not miss.

Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »

Anyone here going to the latest leg of the US tour? I'm trying to hit the Giants Stadium show.

I saw them last October in Philly for the first time (theyre my favorite band of all time) and it was like a (costly) religious experience for me. I was in the second row when they hit the B-stage. Anyway Mick threw some water on us and everything went in slow motion for me. Things were going so slow my thoughts were literally as follows:

"Mick is throwing water on us!"
"The water's coming down!"
"Why is the water taking so long?"
"The water is almost here!"

Then splash...

11/10/06!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »

I knew Gunner would go!  Cheesy

Guess who's going to the last show!  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

Van Morrison is the latest high-profile act tapped to support The Rolling Stones on their upcoming North American "A Bigger Bang" tour dates.

Morrison will join the Stones' bill for the tour's Nov. 3 stop in Vancouver, British Columbia, and will stick around for the Nov. 5 show in Oakland, CA.

Meanwhile, the Dave Matthews Band, which was the previously announced opener for the tour's Oct. 20 El Paso, TX, gig, will also open for the Stones on Oct. 17 in Seattle.

Other acts who will open select dates include Kanye West and Three Days Grace.

Tickets for the upcoming Stones tour have been rolling out over the last few weeks, and more on-sales are set for the coming days. On-sales begin Saturday (8/12) for the El Paso show, while on-sales begin Monday (8/14) for the tour's Louisville, KY; Missoula, MT; and Las Vegas stops. On-sales for Seattle take place Aug. 21.

The Stones continue to tour behind last year's "A Bigger Bang," the group's first new studio set since 1997's "Bridges to Babylon." The disc debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 album chart.

For the upcoming North American dates, 90% of the ticket inventory will be priced at $89 for the stadium shows and $99 for the arena shows, according to organizers, and a "limited number of Gold Circle seats" will be available as well.

September 2006
20 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium (on sale now) (w/ Kanye West)
23 - Halifax, Nova Scotia - Halifax Commons (on sale now) (w/ Kanye West, Alice Cooper, Sloan)
27 - E. Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (on sale now) (Kanye West)
29 - Louisville, KY - Churchill Downs (on sale 8/14)

October 2006
1 - Wichita, KS - Cessna Stadium Wichita University
4 - Missoula, MT - Grizzly Stadium (on sale 8/14)
6, 8 - Regina, Saskatchewan - Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field (on sale now) (w/ Three Days Grace)
11 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field (on sale now)
17 - Seattle, WA - Qwest Field (on sale 8/21) (w/ Dave Matthews Band)
20 - El Paso, TX - Sun Bowl (on sale 8/12) (w/ Dave Matthews Band)
22 - Austin, TX - Zilker Park
27 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hall

November 2006
3 - Vancouver, British Columbia - BC Place Stadium (w/ Van Morrison)
5 - Oakland, CA - McAfee Coliseum (w/ Van Morrison)
8 - Phoenix, AZ - Cardinals Stadium
11 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand (on sale 8/14)
14 - Nampa, ID - Idaho Center (on sale now)
18 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: