Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  tickets sold out in minutes VR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tickets sold out in minutes VR  (Read 6229 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« on: April 30, 2004, 01:28:42 PM »

in philly today on the radio...
it said velvet revolver was sold out for the show on may 20 th.at the factory in philadelphia pa.well hell i didn't even know they were coming that soon.im going to try and win tickets on the radio today,wish me luck peoples.
                                    beer smoking
                               my moto'

the one an only horsey !
Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:06:40 PM »

It's May 28th they are playing in Philadelphia.  Damn it!  I was hoping to gets tickets to that one, because Philadelphia is only a 4 hour drive from me.  First the D.C. show sells out, now the Philadelphia show!  Bastard!  [rant]
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 07:39:11 PM »

It's May 28th they are playing in Philadelphia.  Damn it!  I was hoping to gets tickets to that one, because Philadelphia is only a 4 hour drive from me.  First the D.C. show sells out, now the Philadelphia show!  Bastard!  

I refreshed the fucking ticket sales page from 9:59 until 10:01 when I finally saw them go on sale.  I went to get them, thinking I had them for sure...2 tickets, no specifications...and they were sold out.  Cry

I listened to 93.3 WMMR later and he said that the show sold out in less than 60 seconds.  I cant even see how its possible... Huh  The DJ said "Thats the fastest Ive seen a show sell out in a long, long time."

Im listening to 94.1 WYSP to Matt & Huggy now in hopes of getting them.  Chances are slim to none, but its worth a shot.  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 08:03:11 PM »

Booker, maybe they set aside a certain amount of tickets for the website, some for the ticket selling places and some for the phone sales?

Maybe not all of the tickets were on sale at TM.com?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 08:19:49 PM »

What I think happened was that there was no TICKET LIMIT! YOU COULD BUY 50 at a time. So, scalpers and other people as well probably just bought a whole bunch...I would have too. I went on ebay and used "Buy it now" to buy two tickets at $85.00......I am not going to miss this show.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 08:37:54 PM »

What I think happened was that there was no TICKET LIMIT! YOU COULD BUY 50 at a time.

Great way to make sure regular fans have to buy from scalpers.  no

I thought they always had some kind of limit. Especially shows like these where they know people are gonna get tickets.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 08:56:31 PM »

Great way to make sure regular fans have to buy from scalpers.  no

Seriously, what kind of bullshit is that?  I think it should be apparent that anybody buying more than 15 tickets is up to no good.  You think Ticketmaster would have more sense than this...guess not.   Angry
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 10:48:38 PM »

This is ridiculous. Just when I think Ticketmaster can't stoop any lower, they go and prove me wrong again. It's bad enough that they have drove up ticket prices and stick us with all of their fees, but it's going too far when they let the greedy scalpers scoop up all the tickets. Fuck, it I'm not going to play their game. This is just a scheme to drive up prices. The artists drive up their prices once they see fans are willing to pay double to the scalpers. That's why we have artists who charge $250 a pop for their best seats or $1000 like those greedy fucks from Kiss. I'm tired of being ripped off because Ticketmaster has monopoly on the ticket industry. I simply won't go to shows anymore.  rant
Dizzy
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 11:12:08 PM »

This is ridiculous. Just when I think Ticketmaster can't stoop any lower, I'm tired of being ripped off because Ticketmaster has monopoly on the ticket industry. I simply won't go to shows anymore.  rant

Does ticketmaster determine the limits on tickets?  Or is it the venue?
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 12:31:45 AM »

I got tickets right at 10:00 am for the Minneapolis show.  For that they had an 8 ticket limit.  I only got 4 but wish I would have gotten more.  

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 01:26:22 AM »

I can't believe they sold that quick. But with no limit ticket purchase....
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 07:47:37 AM »

tis true....the show sold out in less than 60 seconds. i can't believe they didn't have a ticket limit.

i got lucky and got 8 tickets - my wife got them online and my dad went in line at a ticketmaster location (4 tickets a piece).

i can't wait!!!!  beer

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 02:32:29 PM »

This is ridiculous. Just when I think Ticketmaster can't stoop any lower, I'm tired of being ripped off because Ticketmaster has monopoly on the ticket industry. I simply won't go to shows anymore.  rant

Does ticketmaster determine the limits on tickets?  Or is it the venue?

I always thought it was Ticketmaster but I'm not certain. Either way I still hate those greedy bastards!  hihi
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »

Guys, do you want me to let you on to a little secret?

Ticketmaster ALWAYS releases TONS of tickets the week before the show, all the way up to the night of the show.  They always save tickets.  So, try them then.

charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 07:45:04 PM »

I know Seattle is sold out. I got 2 tickets for that. I was only going to see that show (as I live in Calgary...) but Portland still had tickets! Woohoo! 2 shows!  ok

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Dizzy
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 06:11:55 PM »

I always thought it was Ticketmaster but I'm not certain. Either way I still hate those greedy bastards!  hihi

I think it may be the promoters and tour managers who determine these things.
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 06:20:23 PM »

This is ridiculous. Just when I think Ticketmaster can't stoop any lower, they go and prove me wrong again. It's bad enough that they have drove up ticket prices and stick us with all of their fees, but it's going too far when they let the greedy scalpers scoop up all the tickets. Fuck, it I'm not going to play their game. This is just a scheme to drive up prices. The artists drive up their prices once they see fans are willing to pay double to the scalpers. That's why we have artists who charge $250 a pop for their best seats or $1000 like those greedy fucks from Kiss. I'm tired of being ripped off because Ticketmaster has monopoly on the ticket industry. I simply won't go to shows anymore.  rant

I feel your pain. But honey, you sound rediculous. You won't go to shows anymore? That's just retarded. The only person losing is you. The artists and the venues won't care because there are tons of people that go in your place. Is a few hundred bucks for a few hours really that much? No way, it's something you remember for the rest of your life. Get over it.
Dizzy
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2004, 07:03:39 PM »

Ticketmaster doesn't determine ticket sales anyway.  The artists and promoters determine those.  Granted, I hate ticketmaster's fees also, but they are the best out there when it comes to getting tickets,

My uncle got Kiss tickets last year from another site, and I got one for myself later in the same section from ticketmaster.  Guess what?  He paid $330 for his, I paid $125 for mine.  Same section.  The site he got them from ripped him off, and ticketmaster didn't do the same to me.

And the $1000 for Kiss tickets was for their platinum package (VIP seats, backstage passes, etc), not just for good seats.  Though I still think that's a rip off.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2004, 08:46:46 PM »

I feel your pain. But honey, you sound rediculous. You won't go to shows anymore? That's just retarded. The only person losing is you. The artists and the venues won't care because there are tons of people that go in your place. Is a few hundred bucks for a few hours really that much? No way, it's something you remember for the rest of your life. Get over it.

Hey, I'm entitled to my own opinion. Obviously I was overreacting, but if would choose to never see a concert again what is it to you? A few hundred bucks is too much for me or obviously I wouldn't be complaining.  hihi

Ticketmaster doesn't determine ticket sales anyway.  The artists and promoters determine those.  Granted, I hate ticketmaster's fees also, but they are the best out there when it comes to getting tickets.

You're right ticketmaster doesn't determine the prices, but if they are allowing scalpers to get a hold of tickets they are indirectly forcing prices up.  That is what ticks me off is because they don't care who gets a hold of their tickets as long as they get paid. They also obviously enjoy the hike in ticket prices because they get a bigger cut.

BTW Ticketmaster is the best because they practically have a monopoly on the ticketing industry. What site did your uncle buy the Kiss tickets? They sound like a ticket broker to me, which are more less scalpers instead of a ticketing agent like Ticketmaster.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: