Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: 'Letterman' Appearance Planned, THE WHO Dates A Possibility
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: 'Letterman' Appearance Planned, THE WHO Dates A Possibility  (Read 4247 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 03, 2004, 03:03:31 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER, the newly formed supergroup featuring former members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, are tentatively scheduled to perform live on CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" on Monday, May 24. In addition, the band ? whose debut CD, "Contraband", is set to drop June 8 ? have been offered four East Coast dates with THE WHO in August.
VELVET REVOLVER will unofficially launch their North American tour with an unannounced May 9 appearance at the Roxy in West Hollywood, California. The tour is scheduled to kick off on May 13 at the Pageant in St. Louis, Missouri.

Although several VELVET REVOLVER dates have been leaked beyond the June 8 show at the Wiltern Theatre, they have yet to be formally announced ? reportedly because each leg of the tour has to be cleared by a judge in connection with singer Scott Weiland's probation stemming from his May 2003 drug arrest.

In related news, VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and wife Perla are expecting their second child, Cash Anthony Hudson, on June 22. A huge baby shower is scheduled in Los Angeles on May 30. The couple have a two-year-old son, London.

Source(s): http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/  

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:50:47 AM »

This is going to be one hell of a summer. I can't wait to see them in concert and hear this album. I bet they are going to be HUGE. Cool

Setting my VCR for David Letterman too. ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:32:39 AM »

It sure is!!! Thank God teh album is finally here!!!!

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 07:27:20 AM »

I hardly ever miss letterman so this is gonna be 1 hell of a night smoking

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
madagas
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 08:08:48 AM »

Playing with the Who?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked peace
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 08:55:51 AM »

Man, the Velvet Revolver publicity machine sure is running on overdrive at the moment, I'm reading something new about them everyday and an appearance on David Letterman is gonna get them some huge exposure too! ok

The record company must have huge faith in these guys to be pushing this so much.

It's like the days of GN'R back in 1991-92-93 all over again! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 12:57:30 PM »

I really hope they don't play with The Who. I mean, it would be my dream come true since the guys in VR and The Who are are my favorite musicians, but I doubt I will be going because of The Who's ridiculous ticket prices.  Cry Cry Cry

I hear the White Stripes are opening for The Who but I don't know if it's for the whole tour or select dates because they haven't announced their full tour plans.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 01:08:11 PM »

I was wondering if they would do Letterman.

Does anybody remember Slash sitting in with The Late  Night Band back in the mid-90's? Dave always gave Slash a hard time about smoking so much.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 02:29:09 PM »

I don't remember Slash sitting in with the band. Wish I could have seen that.

I hope they rock out and not do an acoustic set on DL. I bet they show up on SNL at some point too. That would be even cooler. ok

They are going to be very popular I can feel it already.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 05:39:02 PM »

Sweet

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dizzy
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 06:02:11 PM »

Does anybody remember Slash sitting in with The Late  Night Band back in the mid-90's? Dave always gave Slash a hard time about smoking so much.

I don't recall that, but I have the episode of Conan O'Brien on tape when Slash was sitting with Max Weinberg and the band back in 2001.  Conan and Slash are buds, so I'd bet that Conan tries to get them booked on his show sometime soon as well.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 10:26:57 PM »

I was wondering if they would do Letterman.

Yeah, I remember that. I think that was the same episode that Carole King was on and Slash played a couple of songs with her at the end of the show too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: