Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  SCOM video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOM video  (Read 3521 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: August 22, 2004, 01:26:18 PM »

Hi,

Does anyone have a live video which shows Slash playing the SCOM solo CLEARLY? The Tokyo tour videos suck and when the important part comes, the cam switches to axl running all over the stage ( which i'm dyin' to see hihi)

Fuck 'Em All.
darkmonth
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 03:45:26 PM »

Get hold of Pars 92.  During the song he jumps around seriously cool and plays wikid!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:36:43 PM »

Since it was done in 92 it was too long ago but it would have been cool as fuck if they coulda done the same thing as metallica did with cunning stunts where you can choose who to watch

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
darkmonth
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 07:40:14 PM »

Well, not really, because the footage will still be archived and useable.  Think about it. The cameras all captured continuously.   So you could take all that and make a multi camera DVD.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 09:13:16 PM »

good point...geffen should get on that. I would rather have them do it with a differen't concert than tokyo tho.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 11:48:08 AM »

Anywhere on the net where i can download a clip? I don't think i can get the Paris ' 92 dvd...

Fuck 'Em All.
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 06:20:43 PM »

im willing to send it... if anyone can explain to me how to do that...
i warn you: I'm a girl (girls and computers?? no) and a natural blonde!! hihi

but i don't think it's so great to learn the song that way... you can't see it that well and it's not like the cam is all over Slash the whole song!  no  don't you have tabs or anything? that's easy to find! Total Guitar once gave the tabs and notes to SCOM... try to get a hold of that edition and you got everything you need, amp settings and everything included, I have it and I'm sure lots of other guitarists here do too, maybe someone who lives close to you...?

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 07:23:36 PM »

It's very difficult that solo... well actually it's ok apart from the fill between the slow lead in and the killer wah wah-ing.

It's one of those lead runs that, no matter how long or hard you stare at the tabs for, you just always think you're missing something cos it never sounds right when you play it, hence wanting to see a zoomed in vid of Slash playing it properly. As far as I'm aware, the official SCOM video is the best place to see Slash playin the solo, because the camera is virtually never off him the whole time, you just have to try and watch his hands, and the way he shapes them on the guitar to get some kind of clue as to what to do.

Just practice, practice and more practice... the speed is the main challenge in that solo; it's essentially just a handful of tried and tested blues licks from the Jimmy Page school of guitar-playing, played damn fast.

Dunno if any of this helps, I just felt like typing something.

Good luck  Lips Sealed

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 06:21:15 AM »

It's one of those lead runs that, no matter how long or hard you stare at the tabs for, you just always think you're missing something cos it never sounds right when you play it, hence wanting to see a zoomed in vid of Slash playing it properly...

Exactly!
I can play the solo, but it sounds nothing like the original... I wanted to see how he bends certain notes... Come to think of it, he bends most of his notes!

Fuck 'Em All.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 06:32:32 AM »

I never really got the idea of trying to emulate a live solo note to note. A solo that was propably not mainly but for a lot of parts, improvised. Just go with something of your own. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It does require a shitload of skill.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

No No...
Not the live solo... But the original SCOM solo... There are parts in the live solo that are the same as the original

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: