Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is now the time to drop a single?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is now the time to drop a single?  (Read 6226 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 10:03:43 AM »

to answer the question....NO. this is not the time to drop a single.

there is so much buzz right now and the shows are selling well. the reunion of Axl/Slash has created a ton of excitement. this tour is all about recreating that magic on stage and giving the fans an incredible live show with both of them on the stage together.

in a strange way, I think it's actually risky to release a single right now. everything is so positive. Axl and the band are in a zone. they can do no wrong.

I think if they release a single, it takes away from the spectacle of the reunion. and in 2016 in the U.S., they are riding the reunion wave and selling out football stadiums.

I think a good time for a single would be August or September, with an album in November. with the money they are making, they will get a strong push and plenty of radio airplay. they can tour and promote the album through 2017 all over the world.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »

If they were to drop a single now would be the time to do it. With Axl out with AC/DC next if they did drop a song on the radio/internet whatever it would give it a couple months worth of air play to lead into the North American Tour so people would know the song or songs and can embrace them. With that all said i don't see a single coming out now. Maybe after the N.A. tour.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »

to answer the question....NO. this is not the time to drop a single.

there is so much buzz right now and the shows are selling well. the reunion of Axl/Slash has created a ton of excitement. this tour is all about recreating that magic on stage and giving the fans an incredible live show with both of them on the stage together.

in a strange way, I think it's actually risky to release a single right now. everything is so positive. Axl and the band are in a zone. they can do no wrong.

I think if they release a single, it takes away from the spectacle of the reunion. and in 2016 in the U.S., they are riding the reunion wave and selling out football stadiums.

I think a good time for a single would be August or September, with an album in November. with the money they are making, they will get a strong push and plenty of radio airplay. they can tour and promote the album through 2017 all over the world.   

Pretty much this is the way I see it as well even though I'm dying for new music. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:53 AM »

No idea if it's realistic, or what's been done behind the scenes, but dropping a new single some time before the stadium tour sure wouldn't be a bad thing.  Wink
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »

While there's no need for a single in any case they are apparently madly rehearsing the old stuff. There will be plenty of songs that haven't been played live in 23 years.

It's going to be just amazing.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 10:40:38 PM »

It would be such a dream come true for us fans, no doubt.

I think they are going to be real careful about putting something out. It has the first album with slash on it since the breakup thing going for it, as well as the first gnr release in 8 years angle. But then, you can only blow that load once. I don't really know when the best time would be, but I do know when I would like it to be. Chinese Democracy 2 starts NOW! ... I wish.

If I had to guess, I would say they are going to ride the reunion wave first. One bite at a time, first the reunion, then new music, then tour with the new music. On the other hand, if they want ro get as much publicity as posible for the album, it may be best to put it out while the reunion hype is still there as it won't last forever. I guess they have all kinds of business geniuses at their disposal and know exactly when the best time likely is though.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »

To be honest, they could have release anything anytime they want. They probably would have to wait for the NA tour to get something out because the tour can sell out by itself, there's no need to take chances with new music. Then again, if they start to book more shows overseas, this would get postponed forever like we all know it can.

So yeah, just release something now. hihi

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: