Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Hi Jarmo, I'd like to know why my thread about Del James has been deleted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi Jarmo, I'd like to know why my thread about Del James has been deleted  (Read 2373 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: November 02, 2006, 05:48:40 AM »

Hi Jarmo,

Please read this below. This is YOUR board and I know you can do what you want, including deleting this and all my posts and banning me. I just would like you to know that I am very disappointed because my thread has been deleted and I also would like to know why my thread has been deleted. If you could answer that, it would be great.

Thanks a lot,
Luciano

Yesterday I read the Del James article and I was offended by it. It made me feel like an idiot. I have been following GNR for 17 years now and I just know that some of the things that DJ wrote are lies. I wrote a pissed-off "reply" post/thread about it where I just tried to destroy his lies and weak arguments. Something like: - 1) If GNR is Axl's vision and has always been, why didn't DJ told us that earlier, like in 1987? - 2) I don't care if Axl is ten minutes or ten years late onstage, but please don't try to fool me saying that he/the band "needs" to do stuff and that's why they are late. I am a grown man and I am 100% sure that GNR goes late just because they CAN, and the fact that the band would NOT be late on 86/87/88/89 (when they COULD NOT be late) just proves that. It's ok to be late, it is not ok to lie about it. - 3) I also wrote that I hate people telling me what I should do and what I should feel, which was basically what DJ did saying that the "moaning" fans are not real fans. Wow, that is pathetic. I love the band, but that doesn't stop me from having a brain!

It took me some time to write - and more time to rewrite that. At first, my post was full of cursing and insulting stuff, but because I respect your board A LOT, I removed the all the non-intelligent stuff and replaced it with irony and sarcasm. It sure was a pissed-off reply, but it was based on argumentation and not on cursing, so I'd like to know why has it been removed.

Thanks a lot,
Luciano
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 06:19:36 AM »

I think it was removed here because the original article by Del James has been removed from the official site.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »

There's your answer.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 07:43:05 AM »

I have nothing against Jarmo, and love this message board, and I know he has to keep it in line to keep (I assume) GN'R management happy, but the fact that this article was put on the official site and we saw it, and now we can't talk about it, is just silly.

I don't know what GN'R are hoping to gain from all of this, but it sure is strange... yes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 08:24:41 AM »

Hi Jarmo,

Thanks a lot for answering me. I really appreciate that (also thanks to NicoRourke and metallex78 for the replies).

I love this board but I have to tell you that the fact that my post was deleted because the DJ post was removed just makes no sense to me and also it makes me really disappointed.

It makes no sense to me because that was a REAL article and the fact that it was removed doesn't "erase" the fact that it was written, posted and read.

And it makes me disappointed because I was sure that I was allowed to express my opinion with freedom in your board, which is something I am not sure anymore.

Thanks a lot again,
Luciano

PS: I have a request: is it possible for you to PM me my post that was deleted? It took me a long time to write it and I didn't save it on my computer (I never save any of the things I write in here because I know that they will be here) and I would like to use the same text to post in another GN'R board. Thanks! Luciano
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: