Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Let's Liberate The Bootleg DVDs, Folks!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's Liberate The Bootleg DVDs, Folks!  (Read 97918 times)
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2006, 09:03:29 AM »

F. This might be insane - but does anyone think torrenting all 4 shows in one .torrent might be the way to go?? I'm just concerned with people dropping as soon as they grab a show and not sticking around to help others.? I still haven't decided what trackers to use.? I'll sort that out here over this weekend and stuff.

-darknemus

This could be prevented (atleast a bit) if the seeder limits his/her uploadspeed (when seeding per show), but also uploading all the dvd's in 1 torrent could do the trick. I understood that the shows are double dvd's and uploading about 30gb in 1 torrent..will slow things down...and also (hopefully) the leechers...but then again we can't prevent ppl minimizing their uploadspeed....and alot of leechers do that.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Blackeyed
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2006, 09:40:30 AM »

All i can say that i will dedicate my full upload speed to this when it comes to torrents. I am in Dime and Guns N Roses Tracker v.2.0

No matter if its one show per torrent or all in one. You can count me in for sure! and i am online 24/7
mr_gonella
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2006, 09:43:43 AM »

dark, I think its better to create 4 files to each concert.  can be more independent. The user can choose what concert he want first. I don't know..
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »

dark, I think its better to create 4 files to each concert.  can be more independent. The user can choose what concert he want first. I don't know..

Yeah, thats the direction I'm leaning it at the moment as well.  I was just considering the one torrent for all four shows as a possibility.  Chances are I'll just do each show separately, though.  I just don't want anyone who wants a copy to get screwed over because of some leech.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2006, 09:56:06 AM »

what do you mean by this:

C. I've asked about buying the masters - however, currently the seller doesn't want to part w/ the 17th 'close-up' shot master.  Not sure why - if / when I get more info, I'll share.

is there one more 17th shot?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2006, 10:13:46 AM »

Yes.  The 17th is a two camera shot.  He will part w/ the center shot 'master' but not the close-up one.  Not sure why.

-darknemus

anythinggoes
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2006, 10:17:18 AM »

Just a quick update:

A. I've now got two - three people in the UK who will be getting direct copies of these discs as soon as I can receive them / ship them out - should help with the UK / Europe B&Ps.? (I'll give everyone details on who they are once I actually have the discs in hand)

B. To those who have paypal'ed me money to help cover the cost(s) associated with shipping & blanks, I thank you.

C. I've asked about buying the masters - however, currently the seller doesn't want to part w/ the 17th 'close-up' shot master.? Not sure why - if / when I get more info, I'll share.

D. I've got a POSSIBLE lead on full footage from the acoustic show.? Please realize that its just a possibility right now.? If it happens, of course I'll share.

E. There will be a decent set of people in the U.S. who will be helping out with distribution as well.

F. This might be insane - but does anyone think torrenting all 4 shows in one .torrent might be the way to go?? I'm just concerned with people dropping as soon as they grab a show and not sticking around to help others.? I still haven't decided what trackers to use.? I'll sort that out here over this weekend and stuff.

-darknemus

i too am expecting some discs soon so as soon as i get i will be offering B+P to UK and Europe
will you be able to post a clip so i/we can see if we are using the same source
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »

Just a quick update:

A. I've now got two - three people in the UK who will be getting direct copies of these discs as soon as I can receive them / ship them out - should help with the UK / Europe B&Ps.  (I'll give everyone details on who they are once I actually have the discs in hand)

B. To those who have paypal'ed me money to help cover the cost(s) associated with shipping & blanks, I thank you.

C. I've asked about buying the masters - however, currently the seller doesn't want to part w/ the 17th 'close-up' shot master.  Not sure why - if / when I get more info, I'll share.

D. I've got a POSSIBLE lead on full footage from the acoustic show.  Please realize that its just a possibility right now.  If it happens, of course I'll share.

E. There will be a decent set of people in the U.S. who will be helping out with distribution as well.

F. This might be insane - but does anyone think torrenting all 4 shows in one .torrent might be the way to go?  I'm just concerned with people dropping as soon as they grab a show and not sticking around to help others.  I still haven't decided what trackers to use.  I'll sort that out here over this weekend and stuff.

-darknemus

I personally thought that might be a cool way to go too. Did you decide where you'd be torrenting them first though? I'm hoping for Dime or pctracker, I can seed there for weeks no matter what the size of the torrent is.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

Probably PC & Dime.  I have about 50Kb/sec upload speed avail so if I cap each at 25Kb/sec that might not be a bad idea.  It'd take a while but the nice thing about Dime is ALOT of people would jump on it, which helps tremendously.

-darknemus

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »

Probably PC & Dime.  I have about 50Kb/sec upload speed avail so if I cap each at 25Kb/sec that might not be a bad idea.  It'd take a while but the nice thing about Dime is ALOT of people would jump on it, which helps tremendously.

-darknemus

Yeah that makes sense. Thank you for the info. As soon as this is available I'll be jumping on it. One more question if you don't mind. Is it acceptable to stop torrenting once mine finish just to burn them to DVD then start seeding again or no? (Just so I know in advance)

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
flickn
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2006, 10:38:07 AM »

Probably PC & Dime.? I have about 50Kb/sec upload speed avail so if I cap each at 25Kb/sec that might not be a bad idea.? It'd take a while but the nice thing about Dime is ALOT of people would jump on it, which helps tremendously.

-darknemus

Yeah that makes sense. Thank you for the info. As soon as this is available I'll be jumping on it. One more question if you don't mind. Is it acceptable to stop torrenting once mine finish just to burn them to DVD then start seeding again or no? (Just so I know in advance)

Actually stoping a  seed is not required to burn a show to DVD
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2006, 10:40:49 AM »

i don`t know if dime is a good idea if you want to prevent the torrent from leechers....

paradisecitytracker and the gunsnroses.us tracker are solely dedicated to gnr and don`t have that many users. also, members have to keep their share ratio high...  i think those trackers might be the better choice.

and what is going on with the accoustic show?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

so when are u gonna torrent them?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2006, 10:56:11 AM »

and what is going on with the accoustic show?

At the moment, nothing.  I believe I have a lead on an individual who has it.. but we'll see.  Its mostly just me trying to be resourceful at the moment. If / when it comes to fruition, like I said, I'll be sure to share.

so when are u gonna torrent them?

Once I get them.  Probably within 2-3 hours of receipt of the package, to be accurate.

-darknemus

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2006, 10:58:34 AM »

-darknemus

Actually stoping a  seed is not required to burn a show to DVD

Oh ok. I used to get some problems with my DVDs, for instance they would freeze here and again. I always thought it was happening because I burned them while I was seeding. This is good news then!

Does anyone know why the freezing might occur on certain DVDs I've burned then?

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2006, 11:04:39 AM »

what program are u using? you might try another one...
or don't use too many programs while burning

anythinggoes
« Reply #356 on: May 26, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »

Probably PC & Dime.? I have about 50Kb/sec upload speed avail so if I cap each at 25Kb/sec that might not be a bad idea.? It'd take a while but the nice thing about Dime is ALOT of people would jump on it, which helps tremendously.

-darknemus

Actually stoping a? seed is not required to burn a show to DVD

Oh ok. I used to get some problems with my DVDs, for instance they would freeze here and again. I always thought it was happening because I burned them while I was seeding. This is good news then!

Does anyone know why the freezing might occur on certain DVDs I've burned then?

whenever i burn a CD or DVD i will shut down all other programs or even do a restart and turn of my broadband connection that way the processing power is dedicated to the burner and i dont get skips
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #357 on: May 26, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »

what program are u using? you might try another one...
or don't use too many programs while burning

I was using CloneDVD2 and I have since switched to Roxio 8. I haven't burned too much since I switched but I'm hoping I don't run into too many problems. Any other programs I should look into?

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #358 on: May 26, 2006, 11:34:27 AM »

Personally, I use Nero to burn all of my DVDs.  Have had no major issues that I'm aware of.

-darknemus

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #359 on: May 26, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

Personally, I use Nero to burn all of my DVDs.  Have had no major issues that I'm aware of.

-darknemus

I have always heard good things about Nero but I have no experience with it and I'm scared to dump $100 (or whatever it costs) into it, ya know? I use a totally seperate program to burn CD+Gs, do you know if Nero will do that too by any chance?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: