Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Problems with mixed dating
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems with mixed dating  (Read 25947 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »

oh, trend followers are usually pretty sad people, especially when they dont know who they really are, and trying to be somethin' they are not.    ok

next time your cous puts you down, tell her i said fuck off!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2005, 01:26:38 AM »

people should not expect thier partner to change...
after all it is that indivual person that caught your eye in the first place. there is nothing wrong with dating a black woman if you are white and visa vera...
just like there is nothing wrong with an aussie dating a japanesse person.
i have dated a black man before he was negro.. gorgeous guy.. but i still had people looking at us funny and some making comments.. but i just shrugged it off.
i found happiness and i was not going to loose just because a bunch of young rasist people thought that it was wrong!!

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2005, 12:44:54 PM »

what am I not allowed to have a preference if we are being honest.. I rather my daughter date an italian american because I would like to keep the culture and so on the same... Does this mean every orthodox jew that marries their own is a bunch of bigots or are they just following their faith?

Thanks tuna you did a good job in saying ways I felt.. I thought this topic was on pg 2 by now..

What happens happen in life we all accept if we are open, but most people want their kids happy but also would rather if they had to chose someone of their own faith, culture, and race..

Unless you know my life or what I se or the people I know then you shouldn't judge me..  The racist is the person who says fuck no she ain't marrying some NI**er...

I'd like 2 million dollars but I would take one, it's just preference...  Come live in brooklyn the home of rap and violence and the worst schools going and just see if you would want to offer your blood child to the race that is the most in jails here and the ones who have the worst neighborhoods with drug and crime rates.. People need to live inreality adn stop sugar coating things to make it look politically correct..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »

Tied-Up, I disagree with you that Mike's comment was racist. Many people, regardless of their race, would prefer their loved ones to date someone from their own race. Does that necessarily make them racist? I don't think it does because I think most people want prefer what is most familiar to them and what attracts them the most. Do you also feel its racist when a white person says they only prefer to date black people? I mean, they are just choosing people based on the color of their skin, aren't they? Somehow I doubt you would because you certainly didn't mention it when you responded to the original topic. I think people are too quick to shout racist when a white person says something that isn't 100% positive to minorities.

Well Acquiesce: ?You would be wrong. ?I think that judging based only upon race is a racist choice, regardless of who is making the choice, and what race is being chosen. ?I feel that things should be equal across the board, for all races and genders.

Racism ['rA-"si-z&m] (n): a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities

When you say "I prefer to date whites" or "I prefer to date blacks" ?you are making a choice based on skin color, not upon the person inside the skin. ?That's a decision based upon race, hence, it is a racist decision. ?It doesn't mean that person is a hate-harboring racist. ?It means that he/she sees the skin color before they see the person under the skin.

What if an employer said "I prefer to hire whites" or "I prefer to hire blacks" Huh

you're wrong. i am not physically attracted to dark skin. i only like very fair skinned women. i even hate it when women get too tan. therefore i have only dated white women. does that mean i am a racist?  Roll Eyes

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2005, 03:01:03 PM »

I still disagree with you because it may not be so much the skin color as someone may just be naturally attracted to the physical characteristics that are unique to a certain race.

that is so true...its no different to someone saying i only date people who are intelligent, or are a certain height, or weight...does it mean they are disciminating? of course they are...thats what the word discriminate means, differences between people...everyone is different in some way no matter how small it is,  therefore everyone discriminates about something

tied-up forgets that with racism there is always some sort of hatred towards the differences, with choice there is not...just because someone chooses one person over another because of colour doesnt mean they did it out of hatred, if they did choose because of colour it is racism, if they didnt then that is their choice, nothing more nothing less

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2005, 03:53:51 PM »

I always consider racism to consist of a certain hatred.

I dont hate black people but i dont want my niece or my daughter if I have one someday marrying one.

I dont look down on other women that do it, i dont look down on my black friends that date white girls, but my personal preference would be for her not to.

Now if she does, Im not gonna disown her or kick her out of the house or make her feel bad for doing so. Im not gonna brainwash her that she better not date some black guy.

Just in my heart I don't want her too.

I admit to being a little prejudice, I think everyone is to a certain point.

my girlfriend hates when I tell black jokes but i tell her, listen to Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence or any black comedian and their act consists of making fun of white people, so why is it racist if I do the same to them?

I know people who claim to not be prejudice but tense up everytime a couple of black guys are near.

I dont apologize for it and my friends accept me for my honesty.

I remember a black friend of mine a year or two ago was married to a white girl and she left him for a white guy. I jokingly said "We are taking them back" hihi hihi hihi he laughed his ass off.

people are too tense sometimes.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2005, 05:18:17 PM »

my girlfriend hates when I tell black jokes but i tell her, listen to Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence or any black comedian and their act consists of making fun of white people, so why is it racist if I do the same to them?

Because white men were never told to use a different water fountain, or to sit at the back of the bus. It's about history.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2005, 05:32:45 PM »

Because white men were never told to use a different water fountain, or to sit at the back of the bus. It's about history.

as much as I sympathise with how the blacks were treated decades ago...it doesnt give them the right to do something i cannot do...

the blacks who think that way are taking advantage of the system

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »

todays younger african americans in no way shape or form suffered like the old time days as mentioned with white only this that and the other thing.. if anything with quoters for schools and jobs they are getting easier ways to survive over a white person.. If I run abusiness and spend the money to build it I should be able to employ who ever the hell I want./. As long as they are american and tax payers and qualified then it should be my choice..

Now I am not going to say are they more likely to be stopped by a cop or something of that nature.. No doubt about it but as long as you aren't some fucking punk ass with a smart mouth everything should be cool... But you have to look at the numbers, that perticular race is commiting the most crimes so it's not strange to be a litle more attentive..
so you have section 8 fixed rents food stamps welfare affirmative action etc so the playing field is a hell of a lot more even then it once was..  This is nyc I am speaking of I can't speak of any other places..
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2005, 05:44:04 PM »

but dude, its history, i have aborigenes come up to me in town askin' for a smoke, i give him one and starts hastling me about white n' black aussie history....FUCK THAT? ? ? ?

you n' me journey have nothin' to do with the past so fuck that shit!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2005, 05:49:47 PM »

brooklyn has a very large orthodox jewish population and they are quite wealthy.. Now no one has been anymore abused then the jewish people yet they stick together and find a way to solve problems.. very peacefully I might add and their areas flurish constantly. So just because people were looked down apon doesn't mean you can't build yourself up instead of crying about ancestors and shit;.;; italian and irish were fucking dogs in america when they got herel.. They were treated like shit they made little money but the rose and worked their asses off now it's all good.... Life is what you make of it, sometimes life gives you lemons but you have to make lemonade.... It's easy to blame others and be lazy or say it's soemone holding you down.. Just get off your fucking ass stop blaming people and make your own life.... if you are a go getter there's a good chance your children will foloow, if you are some lazy ass belly aching how you are being held down collecting checks then that will be your kid's example and the cycle will never end..
MikeB
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2005, 06:06:03 PM »

There is a BIG difference between a black and a nigg*r. A nigg*r is someone who is ?arrogant, ignorant, thief, lives off of welfare, beats and rape women , pimps women, deals drugs, has to have their friends help them in fights, and is involved in gangs.You can be black, white,mexican, chinese and so on, and be a nigg*r .It doesn't take the color of of the skin to be one. Say there's a black man walking down a street ,a white man holds a gun to the black guy's head and asks for his wallet.Who's the nigg*r ,the white guy ,right?
Ever saw the movie Scarface, now there's a nigg*r. Get it through you're head people,the color of the skin doesn't ?matter in order to be a nigg*r.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2005, 06:10:57 PM »

There is a BIG difference between a black and a nigg*r. A nigg*r is someone who is ?arrogant, ignorant, thief, lives off of welfare, beats and rape women , pimps women, deals drugs, has to have their friends help them in fights, and is involved in gangs.You can be black, white,mexican, chinese and so on, and be a nigg*r .It doesn't take the color of of the skin to be one. Say there's a black man walking down a street ,a white man holds a gun to the black guy's head and asks for his wallet.Who's the nigg*r ,the white guy ,right?
Ever saw the movie Scarface, now there's a nigg*r. Get it through you're head people,the color of the skin doesn't ?matter in order to be a nigg*r.

as chris rock would say I love black people but I hate ni**ers.. Yeah the basic pricaple of the word can work for any race but call a mexican a white and a indian the N word then call any black person one and the difference will be something else..

The word is also pinned in balck people because they use the offensive word as a form of communication among themselves, just like SON.. if you really wanted to get rid of soem labels you would try and banish such a hatefull word from your vocabulary in the black community.. Not every generation is going to udnerstand how bad it is and might see it in a rap video or hear a friend say it and just repeat it..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2005, 06:15:52 PM »

Boy.

There sure is some disapointing stuff to read in this thread.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2005, 08:32:16 PM »

your reply is so uneducated.

obviously you are not aware of the discrimination the irish (and all other ethnic groups) faced when they came to america. ever see the old sign that reads:

"irish need not apply"

i'm guessing you have not.

all ethnic and religious groups have faced discrimination at some point in their history.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 09:10:20 PM »

obviously you are not aware of the discrimination the irish (and all other ethnic groups) faced when they came to america. ever see the old sign that reads:

"irish need not apply"

all ethnic and religious groups have faced discrimination at some point in their history.

or the jews. or the moslems. or the catholics. or the white africans. or the french.

need i go on?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2005, 09:30:46 PM »

you're wrong. i am not physically attracted to dark skin. i only like very fair skinned women. i even hate it when women get too tan. therefore i have only dated white women. does that mean i am a racist?? Roll Eyes

It means you have a fetish
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:32:33 PM by mr_yoshimaroka » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2005, 11:53:42 PM »

Wow, some of you guys are associating things like "criminal", "thug", "womanizer", etc. with being black...

Would you guys be so suspicious (and overprotective) if your daughter/sister was going out with Denzel Washington? 
journey
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2005, 12:15:58 AM »

My reply is not uneducated at all. I know my history. Black Americans were slaves for a hundred years. And when they finally got their freedom, they still weren't allowed to vote or have other rights. They were and still are discriminated against today.

People are making posts about black men being low class criminals, putting them down. Not all black men are criminals. And you're calling my reply uneducated. .

"obviously you are not aware of the discrimination the irish (and all other ethnic groups) faced when they came to america. ever see the old sign that reads:

"irish need not apply"

all ethnic and religious groups have faced discrimination at some point in their history."

I'm familiar with that. But blacks were discriminated against for a much longer time than the Irish. The Irish weren't being told to use a different restroom or water fountain in the mid 1960s.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:27:28 AM by journey » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2005, 02:58:18 AM »

Discrimination is a form of racism.

You can sugar coat it all you want, you can try to disguise your feelings any way you want, but at the end of the day, it's still racism.

If you make a choice about someone based on their skin color... whether you're saying "I'd rather my kid date within my race" ... even with a qualifying point such as "if she did date outside my race, I wouldn't throw the guy out, but, I'd rather it be this way"... it's still a racist comment.?

We all have our prejudices ... for example... I'm not extremely tolerant of anything religious in nature.? I may have revealed a little of this in other posts.? ?hihi?

Just because you aren't acting out violently with your discriminating preferences, doesn't mean you're not a racist, it just means you're not an extremist.? We have extremists in all walks of life, including racism.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: