Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Crazy (Live) Question????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Crazy (Live) Question????  (Read 3336 times)
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« on: November 01, 2004, 01:45:58 PM »

Have GN'R ever played "Your Crazy"....both slow and fast in any show???

What i mean by this is...did they ever play the slow version for the first 2 mins and then launch into the fast version???

Im asking this cos I saw a GN'R tribute band recently and they played the song that way it was brilliant!!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 03:03:40 PM »

I believe they did that at The Felt Forum, 1988....
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »

I could imagine that sounding like Aerosmith's Train Kept A'Rollin' off of Get Your Wings.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 07:10:05 PM »

Nah, I don't think so. I have three different versions of the slow version. Live Era, CBGB in 87 and Live in USA in 93...but never saw them launching the fast version off the slow one.

Slightly off topic, but in the Live in USA'93 bootleg, GNR plays a song called Mongoloid. whose band is it by? Anyone heard this before??
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 07:54:27 PM »

Slightly off topic, but in the Live in USA'93 bootleg, GNR plays a song called Mongoloid. whose band is it by? Anyone heard this before??

DEVO ??

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 08:53:29 PM »

Nah, I don't think so. I have three different versions of the slow version. Live Era, CBGB in 87 and Live in USA in 93...but never saw them launching the fast version off the slow one.

Rod stewart?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 02:47:40 AM »

I believe they did that at The Felt Forum, 1988....

Yes they did play 'You're crazy' like that at this show.  I just checked my video of this show.

From gnrontour:

05.09.88 - Felt Forum, New York, NY
opening acts: UDO, Zodiac Mindwarp
set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Patience, Used To Love Her, My Michelle, Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Guitar Solo, Blues Jam, You're Crazy, Nightrain
encore: Don't Cry, Mama Kin, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: video
notes: This show is highlighted by the performance of 'Don't Cry,' which was unreleased at the time. Axl mentions how he was passed out all day. Axl recounts the story behind 'Welcome To The Jungle' before they play it. The blues jam that is played is sometimes referred to as "The Avengers," but is in fact a blues jam. Slash introduces 'Nightrain' and then dedicates it to the fans of New York. Axl announces they'll be back in New York on August 16th with Aerosmith, unless they overdose first

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 03:24:44 AM »

They did that at Donington '88 (the infamous Monsters of Rock show). I still think that version of the song kick ass

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 05:22:38 AM »

Mongoloid was played by gnr in Hartford, CT on March 9, 1993. It's a song by Devo from 1977.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 06:06:02 AM »

Mongoloid was played by gnr in Hartford, CT on March 9, 1993. It's a song by Devo from 1977.

Gracias compatriota  ok
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 09:20:26 AM »

I was at the Felt Forum show back in '88. I can still remember it quite vividly, both the versions of You're Crazy and the show itself. God what a show that was.

First time posting here. Been lurking for a while. Kinda felt compelled this time to jump right on in.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 07:48:36 AM »

Gracias compatriota? ok

De nada hombre beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: