Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:28:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your guess on when or if an announcement will be given.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your guess on when or if an announcement will be given.  (Read 11301 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2004, 06:43:58 PM »

I think we will get an announcment in t minus 20 seconds and counting!  hihi

Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 08:02:57 PM »

2010 !? ok hihi
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 06:26:37 AM »

People always say there going to lose hope.? That's not going to happen.? You'll still come to this board, excited before the start page loads up waiting for some NEW news to pop up.? Then you'll regain that hope again.? We all know he's going to deliver this album, but like the first post said it's a complete guess right now.? I'd say we get a mention of something in Dec/Jan and get the album March 31.

No, we don?t know he?s going to deliver this album. How could we? And why would it be out in february or in the spring or anytime? We could all sit here and guess, but our gessing is just based on shit. What the different members in the band say doesn?t seem to mean much. It?s in the end all about Axl. The guesses are based on when we hope it will come out maybe mixed with some time needed for PR. I mean, I hope it comes out in February, but does it sound likely given the record of the members and Axl?s "announcements" earlier?

Some part of me thinks just like the poster who said that the album will surface when Axl Rose has passed away. And maybe not even then, because he will probably write something in his testament about not releasing the record. That would be really sad, I wanna hear this freakin?record, cause no new bands can measure themselves with Guns N?Roses. Unfortunately, otherwise I?d happily move on to more of the new bands with not as troublesome frontmen/women.

I would like to be positive but there isn?t anything yet to be positive about regarding the release of a new G n?R record.
Hanoi_Guy
Headliner

Until The Bitter End..

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 08:37:24 AM »

Don't hold your breath  Wink

"Aina on ollut kaaos, kun olemme olleet yhdess? m?kill?. Kun tulin, Matti(Nyk?nen) heilui siell? t??ll? ja Merkka(Tapola) ei pysynyt pystyss?. V?lill? Matti oli p??ll??n kukkapuskassa, Hujanen kertoi"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 01:51:29 PM »

For all you people who say that an album needs months of promotion before it comes out, I have to disagree now after watching MTV the last couple of nights.  The last couple of nights Eminem has been heavily promoting his new album on MTV.  This is the first promotion I have seen out of Eminem and I believe his cd is coming out next week.  Only 1 or 2 weeks in advance and he is promoting.  Now granted, Eminem is bigger right now and doesn't need to promote as much as say GNR.  However, GNR doesn't need to promote THAT MUCH MORE than a couple of weeks.  The greatest hits proved that.  GNR is still a big name out there, and to my surprise there are still a lot of younger people who like GNR's music.  I believe this because every time Jungle, Paradise City, or Sweet Child O'Mine is played, people who are hearing those songs for the first time are saying "whoah, who sings that".  These songs are still big today.  Whenever I go out downtown, these songs are played in the bars or clubs. 

With that said, GNR doesn't need months of promotion.  All they need is a few weeks.  Therefor, February is perfectly reasonable (if Dizzy knows what he is talking about).

peace 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 02:35:01 PM »

You forgetthat Eminem announced the release date of his album quite a while ago now.  He may have started the heavy promotion just recently, but the date has been set for months.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 02:40:26 PM »

You forgetthat Eminem announced the release date of his album quite a while ago now.? He may have started the heavy promotion just recently, but the date has been set for months.

When exactly did Eminem give a release date?  And do you think an announcement has to be made months in advance?  If your not going to promote until a few weeks ahead of the release date, then why would an announcement necessarily have to be given say 3 or 4 months in advance?

peace

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2004, 02:57:05 PM »

Firstly, for the sake of perspective, Eminem's album has had a set release date for about 2 months now, while the video debuted about a month prior to release.  On the other hand, SOAD just announced a March 1st release yesterday, while Priest has seen their record pushed back 3 times in the last few months to allow for "ample promotion."  I guess It's no coincidence that they also work with Sanctuary...
i'd expect to see at least 2 delays for GNR AFTER the announcement...I'm sticking, once again, for some announcement in feb/march, with a release in the 2nd or 3rd week of may....if not then, i may just have to go cold turkey...

Joe
amundsma
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2004, 03:06:40 PM »

never.  it will all be over soon. everyone is going to quit
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 01:24:54 PM »

I was/am hoping for february, but i see nothing even going on, nothing news wise, not a peep, so I don't even think it will be heard about until march or april.. I have doubts it will come out within the year
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2004, 01:38:50 PM »

Some announcement before 6 Dec.  Cheesy takin a shot in the light.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2004, 01:52:50 PM »

I was/am hoping for february, but i see nothing even going on, nothing news wise, not a peep, so I don't even think it will be heard about until march or april.. I have doubts it will come out within the year

You ever heard of the saying "calm before the storm"?  If GNR is going to announce something soon, there wouldn't be a lot of stuff going on.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but jeez it's got to happen sometime.  Within the next month, well hear something weather it is good news or bad news.  That is the way this cycle has been going.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2004, 02:15:45 PM »

i still think we will get a announcement early next week. 22/11 or 23/11   yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2004, 02:39:22 PM »

i still think we will get a announcement early next week. 22/11 or 23/11? ?yes

Is that just a hunch or are you basing your guess on something?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2004, 02:52:18 PM »

just a wild guess! Why shouldent we hear anything? If im wrong, then im wrong, But i guess next week, there is something for us! We have to start belive. And like its written in the alcymist! If everyone belives strong enough. Then the whole univerce will do anything to make it happen!

hihi peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2004, 02:59:51 PM »

You ever heard of the saying "calm before the storm"?? If GNR is going to announce something soon, there wouldn't be a lot of stuff going on.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but jeez it's got to happen sometime.? Within the next month, well hear something weather it is good news or bad news.? That is the way this cycle has been going.

Well there's been a lot more calm then storm, Im mean tlike we never hear gnr is set to do a video, those things happen months in advance.. News doesn't need to come from axl, it could be from mtv, or another news source like sludge or blabbermouth and no one is saying a thing..
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2004, 03:18:11 PM »

I can't understand why you guys do the SAME thing ever year. Hope and guess that there'll be an anouncement within the next few months.
THERE WILL BE NO ANOUNCEMENT NOW OR ANYTIME SOON.
If CD ever does come out it'll probably be a year from now.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2004, 04:41:14 PM »

I can't understand why you guys do the SAME thing ever year. Hope and guess that there'll be an anouncement within the next few months.

So is that your guess?   hihi

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2004, 04:44:53 PM »

So is that your guess?? ?hihi

People say that every year!!! rofl

seriously though.  I don't know why everyone thinks that tons of promotion is needed months in advance. When this thing drops, it will be crazy. And it will be crazy because no one will have seen it coming. Since everything is so hush hush They may have already done a video. We don't know a fucking thing, it sucks, but its true. And whether or not the album is heavily promoted it will sell. Think about it. If it comes out unpromoted and does well then the promotion will start until even the most diehard fan is sick of it. If the album sucks it will be swept under the rug like it never was released. I think this is a standard approach to albums, no? I don't ever recall an album being promoted months in advance. If someone can think of one post it. Like someone said earlier, Eminems album is just starting to receive promotion now. U2 and Greenday had hardly any promotion leading up to the release dates of their albums. Besides Axl is a bit more secretive than these other bands as well. When CD hits it will hit hard! I'm thinking early 2005! If not oh well I've waited since 1993 I can wait longer I guess. it'll come when its ready.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 04:53:46 PM by Neemo » Logged

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »

Soon must be the word.  All signs point to Feb.  If that's true we should have some idea before the new year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: