Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your guess on when or if an announcement will be given.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your guess on when or if an announcement will be given.  (Read 11305 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2004, 05:26:25 PM »

I can't understand why you guys do the SAME thing ever year. Hope and guess that there'll be an anouncement within the next few months.
THERE WILL BE NO ANOUNCEMENT NOW OR ANYTIME SOON.
If CD ever does come out it'll probably be a year from now.

So is that your guess?? ?hihi

People say that every year!!! rofl

seriously though.? I don't know why everyone thinks that tons of promotion is needed months in advance. When this thing drops, it will be crazy. And it will be crazy because no one will have seen it coming. Since everything is so hush hush They may have already done a video. We don't know a fucking thing, it sucks, but its true. And whether or not the album is heavily promoted it will sell. Think about it. If it comes out unpromoted and does well then the promotion will start until even the most diehard fan is sick of it. If the album sucks it will be swept under the rug like it never was released. I think this is a standard approach to albums, no? I don't ever recall an album being promoted months in advance. If someone can think of one post it. Like someone said earlier, Eminems album is just starting to receive promotion now. U2 and Greenday had hardly any promotion leading up to the release dates of their albums. Besides Axl is a bit more secretive than these other bands as well. When CD hits it will hit hard! I'm thinking early 2005! If not oh well I've waited since 1993 I can wait longer I guess. it'll come when its ready.

Trust me dude, these things are know ages before the release dates.. Greenday and eminem get tons of hype and actual release dates early.. EMinem doesn't need hype because the guy is hot right now, the man will sell with a week of promotion..

I don't know why everyone is so certain that it will be a hit., Not everyone is watering by the mouth from this.. Look at all the websites that are big like this, lucky if you have 5000 members and those are alot of banned members sneaking back and people with two identities and it's over years of the boards being around..

Everyone feels their band will be huge again, not many recapture glory.. If axl does an interview some will be excited and others will be like oh that dude who blew chuncks at the vmas or who is this old dude with braides.. There's to many roads that this band could go, either good or bad.. The albujm has been over 13 million in the hole, someone needs to make some serious cash there has to be mega promotion.. Either way it should happen two to three months before..

As for the video I would think it would be new ,GNR MAKES A VIDEO... It's just to tough to keep under raps.. Sometimes I feel like axl isn't some great keeper of secrets and all, I think there is nothing to leak...If the album is so close and has been doen why not get a buzz outt here, he did a tour with no album, why not just throw a few hints around? It';s not against the law to do an interview or some promo as a band..

If you really look with an open mind you will see dizzy just gave a maybe for february, tommy is in his world and axl is missing, there's no signs of anything at all.. Nothing besides dizzy hints anything, or tommy and his landing pad is near, or very soon ,hairs breadth etc.. It's just wachy metaphors used to describe things..
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2004, 09:09:48 PM »

Ok, lets say that February will in fact be the month that Chinese Democracy comes out.  I have no idea, none of us do.  However, lets go off of what Dizzy said last and assume that Feb. will be the month.  If so, I would think that we would hear something before the end of December.  Therefor, I think an announcement could happen anywhere from 4-6 weeks from now.  Or is it too late now for February to be the month?  Or will they even give an announcement?  At what point is it ok to assume that February is out?   

What do you guys think?

peace

Wouldn't it be on someone or something's anniversary ? like 10 years on from..... ?

Nothing to say
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2004, 09:13:28 PM »

As the album will come out in March-April, we should get an announcement during the first two weeks of the year. Jan 6th is my guess.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2004, 09:21:20 PM »

As the album will come out in March-April, we should get an announcement during the first two weeks of the year. Jan 6th is my guess.

On epiphany ?

what a weird date.... Lips Sealed

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: