Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your dream Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your dream Axl?  (Read 16551 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 13, 2005, 06:17:24 PM »

Since this board seems to be full of people who are really unhappy about the way Axl either looks and/or acts, I thought why not get a list together of the kind of Axl you people would really prefer to the real Axl.

So, post your list of things you'd change in Axl in this thread and who knows, maybe Axl v.2.0 will somebody everybody can like?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:52:29 PM »

Since this board seems to be full of people who are really unhappy about the way Axl either looks and/or acts, I thought why not get a list together of the kind of Axl you people would really prefer to the real Axl.

So, post your list of things you'd change in Axl in this thread and who knows, maybe Axl v.2.0 will somebody everybody can like?? hihi

/jarmo

LOL

I dont give a rats ass how Axl looks.

All id change is that he updates the fans now and again with meaningful information - not vague promises, or 'burning hills' - style madness. Treat the fans with a bit more respect and Id be happy

As far as all his other idiosyncrisies (sp.?) go, thats all good with me. I can wait for CD, the odd update would be cool

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:56:40 PM »

All id change is that he updates the fans now and again with meaningful information - not vague promises, or 'burning hills' - style madness. Treat the fans with a bit more respect and Id be happy

You mean things like "we're still working on the album to make it the best possible album we can make"?

Yeah, more information could be nice, but do you understand why he might not say too much at this point?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:00:53 PM »

Mental heath of Axl is my main concern.  If he has the confidence and the mental toughness that we all know he can acheive, his trademark look and attitude will come back.  So to answer the question, if he's mentally healthy, we'll all get the Axl of old.  Dominating and going by the beat of his own drummer.  Thats a look all his own. ok

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:01:35 PM »

I'd quite like him to be about 7 inches taller. He's too short as it goes right now.

So Axl, if you're reading this, try and grow about half a foot before the next tour.

Cheers, 2na.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 07:05:09 PM »

I'd quite like him to be about 7 inches taller. He's too short as it goes right now.

So Axl, if you're reading this, try and grow about half a foot before the next tour.

Cheers, 2na.

Maybe we could put all these things together and make an online petition?

Dear W. Axl Rose, we the fans of your rock band Guns N' Roses (GN'R) feel you should change the following about your personality and appearance:

- Grow half a foot taller before the next tour (platform boots might be accepted as well if they're really cool looking).

- Etc.

hihi

/jarmo

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 07:07:58 PM »

Cheers, 2na.

Maybe we could put all these things together and make an online petition?

Dear W. Axl Rose, we the fans of your rock band Guns N' Roses (GN'R) feel you should change the following about your personality and appearance:

- Grow half a foot taller before the next tour (platform boots might be accepted as well if they're really cool looking).

- Etc.

hihi

/jarmo

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

and also to get slash out of his ass, that must be painful!   rofl
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 07:19:03 PM »

Yeah, more information could be nice, but do you understand why he might not say too much at this point?
No. ?I don't understand. ?Not "at this point." ?"At this point" is something like twelve years! ?rant

I agree with jimmythegent on the point that I want a meaningful update, i.e., the reason for the hold-up is XXX; the band line-up is XXX; all of BH's shit was removed; the next exclusive HTGTH update will be on XXX; the current target date for release is XXX; etc.

As far as Axl's physical appearance, I'm use to the braids now so if he still has them that's fine with me -?they're kinda "rock eccentric." ?And I like his "recluse" reputation (as long as it's just a rep and not a real issue) -?it gives him a "superstar aura." ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »

Out of curiosity Jarmo, have you beeen compelled to make similar threads after seeing a few people bash Steven Adler or even Slash and Duff? ?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 07:24:56 PM »

Out of curiosity Jarmo, have you beeen compelled to make similar threads after seeing a few people bash Steven Adler or even Slash and Duff??

No, not in the GN'R section.

You seem to forget one thing, this is a GN'R board where I think you'll find many Axl fans....

But I guess you're trying to prove I'm biased....

I agree with jimmythegent on the point that I want a meaningful update, i.e., the reason for the hold-up is XXX; the band line-up is XXX; all of BH's shit was removed; the next exclusive HTGTH update will be on XXX; the current target date for release is XXX; etc.

If we'd get that update, then there'd be people saying "Bullshit! Recording a few guitar parts shouldn't take this long! Axl is a fucking liar!" or "He lied about the release date again! Fucking asshole!".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:26:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 07:27:43 PM »

Any version of axl thats onstage performing is good enough for me!  ok

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 07:28:30 PM »

Axl should play BHs parts on CD  Tongue

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 07:31:37 PM »

If we'd get that update, then there'd be people saying "Bullshit! Recording a few guitar parts shouldn't take this long! Axl is a fucking liar!" or "He lied about the release date again! Fucking asshole!".

But we already have those people saying that stuff even without an update from Axl. ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 07:33:02 PM »

But we already have those people saying that stuff even without an update from Axl. ?hihi

That's why I say some people will never be happy.

There's always something to complain about. That kind of people are everywhere....

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 07:37:29 PM »

No, not in the GN'R section.

You do post in the VR and Ex-Member sections, right? ?If you felt similarly compelled, you could do it there.

You seem to forget one thing, this is a GN'R board where I think you'll find many Axl fans....

Huh

Slash, Duff and Adler are pretty important to GNR, whether theyre currently in the band or not, and I think theyve got a few fans here too. ?Thats not mentioning the section devoted to Velvet Revolver. ?Theres plenty of negative stuff there too...

Unless the GNR section is dedicated solely to the new GNR? ?I assumed it wasnt, but you would obviously know better than I would.

I dont think I have to prove anything, really.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:39:10 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 07:42:07 PM »

Cheers, 2na.

He'd be 6'6". ? Tongue Wink

I don't have any complaints. He's fine the way he is.

"Don't Go Changing" - Billy Joel ?

FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »

this is the most pitiful thread i have ever seen ever...ever. people that concern themselves with such frivolous matters are idiots.

poop
Eric
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 07:48:33 PM »

Jarmo, I understand your point, but all I want is an occasional update from Axl-maybe even just once a year, whatever. I don't care how he looks, acts, but I've always been supportive of him, his new music is very emotional for me (especially Madagascar), I don't want him to compromise anything he belives in, but the total silence from him just baffles me. Just give a short interview to Del James once a year-I'm sure everyone will overanalyze it and pick it apart, but oh well-GNR/Velvet Revolver mean so much to me-I just don't understand the total silence-I don't want him to put the album out if he's not ready, don't want him to tour if he is not ready, but I think a post once in a while is not asking for much-I'll never understand it, but I'll still think he's the best, not matter what he does...lol...Axl is unpredictable, like everyday life-that's why I like him so much.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »

this is the most pitiful thread i have ever seen ever...ever. people that concern themselves with such frivolous matters are idiots.

I think that's Jarmo's point.? Wink

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »

You do post in the VR and Ex-Member sections, right? ?If you felt similarly compelled, you could do it there.

I don't. Ok?

I feel that the constant Axl bashing in multiple threads is getting old. If you feel like there's as much bashing of ex-members as there's of Axl, that's your point of view.

Slash, Duff and Adler are pretty important to GNR, whether theyre currently in the band or not, and I think theyve got a few fans here too. ?Thats not mentioning the section devoted to Velvet Revolver. ?Theres plenty of negative stuff there too...

Unless the GNR section is dedicated solely to the new GNR? ?I assumed it wasnt, but you would obviously know better than I would.

That's the problem. You don't seem to understand that at a GN'R board you'll find a lot of Axl fans, just like you'll find a lot of Slash fans at a VR board.

I dont think I have to prove anything, really.

I think you do.

Just because I don't start threads about the ex-members you call me biased.

Do you have anything to add to the discussion or are you just here to try to prove how "biased" I am?

One last time, since you don't seem to get it: We're running a GN'R board as good as we can. Now when there's a lot of bashing of the lead singer of the above mentioned group going on, it'll start to be a problem at some point.

Maybe in your opinion we should start with the Adler bashing instead?

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: