Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your dream Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your dream Axl?  (Read 16549 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 08:00:27 PM »

i think axl is 100% perfect. He's the most interesting Rock N' Roll persona ever, and GN'R is the most interesting spectacle in the world, out of all living or dead, past or present.

I mean, WHY would i come to this site and spend Total time logged in: 6 days, 9 hours and 56 minutes(and thats only since the board moved) for gods sake just to read and share opinions about gn'r, why would i listen to the music everyday if it all wasn't perfect? Out of all the bands in the world Guns N' Roses.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 08:20:58 PM »

One last time, since you don't seem to get it: We're running a GN'R board as good as we can. Now when there's a lot of bashing of the lead singer of the above mentioned group going on, it'll start to be a problem at some point.

Maybe in your opinion we should start with the Adler bashing instead?

So its more acceptable if they choose to constantly bash the ex-members of that band, just as long as theyre not currently in GNR?? Thats all Im "getting" from your explanation.? I ask you why you havent felt similarly compelled to start a thread such as this about any of the ex-members that recieve a comparable amount of bashing and you answer with "This is a GNR board."? Well, that I do get.? I also get that 1. Slash, Duff, and Matt are pretty important to most GNR discussions (because this board isnt limited to the new GNR, unless Im mistaken) and are often discussed on this board.? 2. This board includes a whole section dedicated to VR.? Your logic would imply to me that you would be just as displeased to see Slash (or Weiland, for that matter) criticized in that section, but your posts in that section suggest different - to say the least.? ok?

Yes, this is a GNR board.? Im asking is that means its somehow more acceptable to bash ex-members and the lead singer of VR in those sections simply because theyre not in GNR at this moment?? You seem to be a lot more comfortable with it...and thats fine by me.? But similar to how you like to observe things you find "funny" (coincidentally, many pertain to VR and/or Slash), thats funny to me.?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 08:23:23 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 08:41:12 PM »

Yea it sucks seeing all the negativity  no

Axl is the lead signer of the band this forum is for.  Robin is the lead guitarist of the band this forum is for.  bashing these guys just makes people look like trolls and douche bags..   Considering none of the ex-members from the illusion or appetite era have been in the band for almost a decade, you would think people who were only attracted to GNR because of exmembers would have gotten over this by now, and either accepted the band and accepted Axl FOR WHO THEY ARE or not.   
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 08:56:25 PM »

He could come back as a woman if he wants to, and it wouldn't matter to me. I dont give a shit what he looks like. As Jimmy and a few others have stated, better communication with his hardcore fanbase would help. When/If he comes back, he should do a really long in depth interview where he goes into specific detail about the misguided decision making during the CD era. Alot of people are frustrated by not just his silence, but his major screwups when he tries to do something. Axl discussing these thing would end the "bashing". He's obviously not doing it now, but I think at some point he will.

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 09:35:36 PM »

do that and destroy all the mystery?
in some facets it's just part of the appeal

i think it's gotten to the point that it would ruin it if he went all out in detail everything that has happened. i mean, does it really fucking matter at this point? why does he have to justify that to his own fans?

some insight would be nice, but, i mean really, who fucking cares if in the end, we get an album out of it. that's what we're all here for, anyway. if only for the small hope of it.

Axl  peace

robots.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 09:45:41 PM »

Some explanation is needed. Maybe not in concern to potential sales of CD, but in concern to touring, merchandise,etc. Axl's fanbase is fractured. The fractured fanbase will buy CD, but only a small portion will continue support when it comes to buying tickets and other things. Something besides a CD release needs to occur to have his entire fanbase united behind him. A CD release with no discussion of the CD mistakes will continue the GNR pop culture joke. Round 1 happened, and its 3 years and counting between round 1 and round 2. Thats a long intermission. An explanation is needed. Not just for the hardcore fans, but also for the people who became curious about him in 2002.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 09:54:24 PM »

What I don't understand is why everything is considered "Axl bashing" when the guy is criticized.  I didn't know that Axl had no faults.  I didn't know that we are not allowed to debate any poor/questionable decisions he has made. 

I agree that the "Axl is a fucking tool and he ruined GNR" comments with no backing are uncalled for and tiresome.  But aren't there moderators on this board that can 'fix' that.  If they truly want an Axl utopia then just ban everyone.  I have been visiting this site for years for mainly information/news on the band and have only gotten involved in this board recently.  As long as the news is here I will be fine and I am sure others will too.

So I ask you, why do you continue to let the "Axl bashers" post if they are such a pain in the ass?  Why are they still allowed to be here when all they do is cause trouble and problems for the rest of the board?  I have always been taught in school that diversity is a good thing.  Being around different kinds of people makes you more open minded and tolerant of others.  Basically what I am hearing is that we want everyone to think alike and support Axl Rose. 

There is nothing wrong with that.  But I guarantee you this will become one of the blandest message boards on the web.  It will still have its loyal posters, but all you will read day in and day out will go something like this:

Poster 1: "When Axl is ready he will put this album out and it will rock!"
Poster 2: "Right on man!  Axl is the most talented frontman of our generation, he can't fail!"
Poster 3: "IRS is the greatest song ever made.  It is better than all songs on AFD!!"
Poster 1: "I agree!  You guys are so great, it makes me want to cry  crying LOL!"

What keeps people coming back here?  For one it is GNR news.  But for the boards I think people like reading the arguments and board controversies.  It is like a soap opera in some ways.  Anyone who denies that is full of shit.  People like controversy, disagreements, and arguments.  It is entertaining when some 30 year old is sitting behind his computer every night telling off people and getting all worked up about words over the internet. 

So if you want this to be the "I  love Axl" forum then go ahead and ban everyone who "bashes" (I still love how that word gets thrown around all the time) him.  Then your utopia will be complete!
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:57 PM »

Some explanation is needed. Maybe not in concern to potential sales of CD, but in concern to touring, merchandise,etc. Axl's fanbase is fractured. The fractured fanbase will buy CD, but only a small portion will continue support when it comes to buying tickets and other things. Something besides a CD release needs to occur to have his entire fanbase united behind him. A CD release with no discussion of the CD mistakes will continue the GNR pop culture joke. Round 1 happened, and its 3 years and counting between round 1 and round 2. Thats a long intermission. An explanation is needed. Not just for the hardcore fans, but also for the people who became curious about him in 2002.

personally, i don't think anyone will care after the cd is released and it's the ass kickin brain jammin' stuff it's been touted as for years. at least, people will stop fixating on it.
i mean, a part of me would really want that, an in depth explanation, to validate everything we've been through waiting for this thing. but i feel that to axl as an artist, he didn't make us wait here, this was of our own choice. he's an artist, he's doing the best he can manage (i presume) and i don't see that he has to do any such thing..
it's true the fanbase is fractured. but i think the explanation everyone's been waiting for is the CD itself, and his art will speak for itself. ?peace
that's what i think anyway..

and on the subject of ^^ yeah man diversity on!

robots.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 10:52:37 PM »

Yeah, a CD release will definitely help things. But I think he should give us an explanation. End the upcoming storm of speculation before it even starts. The media is going to pose some interesting comments in regards to CD. 'Why did it take so long'?, 'We waited this long for this?', 'Is this really taking things to the next level?',' Why bothet touring again if no lessons were learned from previous tours?'. This stuff and other questions will definitely come up. An in depth interview by Axl right before CD release would kill off such speculation. He also needs to address the Buckethead situation, because his name is definitely going to come up again and again when this album comes out.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 12:22:06 AM »

yeah
some "conversation with my fans" is all what I?m waiting for

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 12:44:08 AM »

i think axl is 100% perfect. He's the most interesting Rock N' Roll persona ever, and GN'R is the most interesting spectacle in the world, out of all living or dead, past or present.

I mean, WHY would i come to this site and spend Total time logged in: 6 days, 9 hours and 56 minutes(and thats only since the board moved) for gods sake just to read and share opinions about gn'r, why would i listen to the music everyday if it all wasn't perfect? Out of all the bands in the world Guns N' Roses.

9 days, 9 hours and 17 minutes... and working my english here!  Grin

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 12:59:04 AM »

As far as how he looks, I'd like to see him a RIR III weight/shape. I'd like him to have straight, shoulder-length hair with a few braids spread throughout. I LOVED his confederate jacket he wore at Vegas, so he should stick to that or the jersey with the long red velvet coat on like in the one pic. Maybe some black jeans/work pants or leather pants and plain white sneakers. Sometimes he could wear his VMA hat or one of those Nazi-pilot type hats...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 01:39:16 AM »

Any version of axl thats onstage performing is good enough for me!

Amen!! My dream Axl would be out doing something, no matter what that was.

Now, if you want my REAL dream Axl, he would be 10 years younger, single, and spending alot of time with me.  Tongue But I don't think that's what you're going for, now is it??  hihi

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 03:25:58 AM »

He is not nearly Asian looking enough...

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 04:39:43 AM »

He is not nearly Asian looking enough...

Yeah if only he could be as cool as The Donger....

"The Donger need food!" hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 06:42:44 AM »

So its more acceptable if they choose to constantly bash the ex-members of that band, just as long as theyre not currently in GNR?? Thats all Im "getting" from your explanation.? I ask you why you havent felt similarly compelled to start a thread such as this about any of the ex-members that recieve a comparable amount of bashing and you answer with "This is a GNR board."? Well, that I do get.?

I decided I'd post about Axl since he's the one getting bashed the most in the main section of the board as well as being the lead singer in the band that this board is dedicated to. Maybe you never thought about it, but when people leave a band, some fans will feel negative about them.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Maybe you feel like I should start similar threads about Chris Pittman and Paul Tobias as well? Or maybe you don't care about them being bashed? Does that make you biased?

You failed to answer my question whther or not you're gonna add anything to the topic or just "prove" how biased I am.

I agree that the "Axl is a fucking tool and he ruined GNR" comments with no backing are uncalled for and tiresome. But aren't there moderators on this board that can 'fix' that.

That's what I'm trying to do with this thread and instead Booker isn't interested in anything else than to prove how biased I am.

So I ask you, why do you continue to let the "Axl bashers" post if they are such a pain in the ass? Why are they still allowed to be here when all they do is cause trouble and problems for the rest of the board? I have always been taught in school that diversity is a good thing. Being around different kinds of people makes you more open minded and tolerant of others. Basically what I am hearing is that we want everyone to think alike and support Axl Rose.

You should be hearing "Why do you keep whining about the same things year after year in so many threads? Don't you ever get tired of talking about it?".

Some people seem to think that if Axl did things the way they wanted, everything would be fine. I don't agree. I think people will always whine and complain about anything he does or doesn't do.

So instead of just whining, offer some constructive criticizm. Try to think of the other side as well. Not just "give us more info". Think about what would happen if there was an update and it wasn't "good enough" for you etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 07:20:47 AM »

I would like to see axl looking masculine, happy, relaxed, not the star..

I think he is just cool as he is

yes

oh, and i bet short hair looks VERY nice  ok Wink Kiss Kiss Kiss

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 07:37:59 AM »

An Axl that respects his fans is all i ask:

The occasional update (even if there is nothing new to say, it would show he gives a damn)

Not cancelling tours/shows or ending halfway through

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »

The occasional update (even if there is nothing new to say, it would show he gives a damn)

I can agree with that as I've said before.

But at the same time one can only wonder how it would turn out. I mean, look at how Tommy and Dizzy get treated for trying to give us updates.... I know Tommy and Dizzy aren't Axl and that they might not know what's going on all the time. But still, they tried, and were basically told to shut up by certain fans....

Maybe we need to think about why there aren't updates and maybe try to get past the whole "it's because he doesn't care and he's an asshole" thing?

Even if you (not you Izzy, talking about the board in general) think he's an asshole, maybe you could think about the possibility that there might be other reason(s) as well....

Not cancelling tours/shows or ending halfway through

That'd be nice too. But since we don't know the real reason(s) for the 2002 cancellation, it's kinda unfair to just put all the blame on Axl. He's the easiest one to put the blame on though....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 09:31:03 AM »

Good point,Jarmo. I think a possible reason for no Axl updates is that he doesn't want more attention given to the CD situation. When he does make a statement, it gets analyzed to death and causes more people than usual to pay attention. So maybe in his eyes, not giving updates might prevent any added pressure.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: