Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your dream Axl?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your dream Axl?  (Read 16553 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 09:33:28 AM »

I'd quite like him to be about 7 inches taller. He's too short as it goes right now.

That'd be nice too. But since we don't know the real reason(s) for the 2002 cancellation, it's kinda unfair to just put all the blame on Axl. He's the easiest one to put the blame on though....
Chinese Basketball player is the real reason for the cancellation of the Chinese Democray tour

He is not nearly Asian looking enough...

oh, and i bet short hair looks VERY nice? ok Wink Kiss Kiss Kiss

7 INCHES ADDED TO HEIGHT + REASON FOR TOUR CANCELLATION + MORE ASIAN LOOKING + SHORT HAIR =
YAO MING IS OUR "DREAM AXL"
? Shocked

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 09:37:46 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 10:11:46 AM »

Nooo waaaay

Axl's height is fine as it is. And the short hair is just me being curious... hihi

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 11:04:08 AM »

I'd quite like him to be about 7 inches taller. He's too short as it goes right now.

That'd be nice too. But since we don't know the real reason(s) for the 2002 cancellation, it's kinda unfair to just put all the blame on Axl. He's the easiest one to put the blame on though....
Chinese Basketball player is the real reason for the cancellation of the Chinese Democray tour

He is not nearly Asian looking enough...

oh, and i bet short hair looks VERY nice  ok Wink Kiss Kiss Kiss

7 INCHES ADDED TO HEIGHT + REASON FOR TOUR CANCELLATION + MORE ASIAN LOOKING + SHORT HAIR =
  Shocked

rofl

Great man!  ok
I think Axl could be better if he seem a little more agressive like hittin people with chairs, and being arrested and stuff like that more meaner than he is.  peace

About people bashing Axl just wait for the CD it will come out soon, just do your homework, read some books, expect the sequels of X men and superman.  peace

No man can be my equal
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »

I want axl to be whatever he wants to be, god that sounds stupid.

Anyway I don't give a shit how he looks or acts, cancelling shows, whtever, it's part of his persona. You always take a chance when you see GnR. i think it's part of the appeal, the chaos i mean. One thing though when you do see Axl perform, youknow it'll be a good show.

The only thing i would like to see changed is Axl and GnR release an Album and some videos and tour again. (I miss seeing GnR on TV and hearing them on the radio all the time like it was in 92-93) And the lack of this gets me (and alot of other people here) frustrated sometimes. Once we have an album we won't care about updates. (although a progress report would be nice, hell any official word would be nice)

I only bash a couple GnR members (present and past)

Adler cuz of his comments and attitude on his role in AFD/Lies era gnr.
Dizzy and Pittman (cuz i don't see the need for keyboards in a Rock & Roll band)

Then there is Robin, I don't really have a problem with him. It's just alot of people on this board think he's a guitar god and I feel he's only average. so I think it comes across as me bashing him when i say he's not that good of a guitarist. I'm sure when we hear stuff he has wrote then the songs will suit him perfectly.

peace

axl would have to be a foot taller or more to be the same size as the Asian freak, Axl's only like 5'-9" or 5'-10" isn't he? it was a funny post though. lol  rofl
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:35:24 AM by Neemo » Logged

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »

only care for xman sequel  Grin

Nothing to say
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 01:44:15 PM »

I think Axl should paint his face to resemble that of a clown while he is onstage, and he should also right a concept album, about a 3 foot tall, Costa Rican prostitute who is on the run for car theft.
inebriated_weirdo
Opening Act

talking to myself

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 03:50:55 PM »

stronger ankles?

I mean yes, he's perfect the way he is.

"I mean, where do you even get black death vodka?
In Hell?!?"
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »

havn't seen any videos with his performance lately, only in 2002 and i know that he is getting older, but it would be cool to see him perform like he did with the old gnr, at least when i see him live. just to see gnr live would be enough thou...

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 05:48:32 PM »

It would be also cool to see their new way of performing. A new dance or two.
Whatever, come as you are!

Shocked

Bloody Hell! rofl rofl rofl Funny Funny!

I only bash a couple GnR members (present and past)

Neemo, do you really call yours all "bashing"? Roll Eyes
I'd call them opinions. On the points open to dispute, I'd disagree with you. the, would you think me bashing you? I know you didn't. Cool
I'd call it bashing if I criticised someone in order to hurt the target or their side.
I'd call it agitation if the criticism were hell continual negative calls of the above nature aiming to jumble us. Angry
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005, 05:58:41 PM »

Out of curiosity Jarmo, have you beeen compelled to make similar threads after seeing a few people bash Steven Adler or even Slash and Duff? 
Who cares about what they say or how they look.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »

I want Axl to lose the braids and recover his eyebrows. I want him to have bangs like in the 90's and lose the fat clothes. No more oversized shirts and baggy pants. Be sexy like you used to be.  Kiss
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

Not that I care but I don't like fringe on a grownup man.

Out of curiosity Jarmo, have you beeen compelled to make similar threads after seeing a few people bash Steven Adler or even Slash and Duff? 
hihi
Poor Booker does.
It would be useless to talk about what you want them to have been like 1~2 dacade ago in the section they don't belong to now.

But, Booker, if you insist, I'll start "your dream Steven" and "your ideal Slash / Duff" threads in the ex gunners and the VR section for ya! I'm not sure if I get any reply  tho. Or better why not do it yourself?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 07:34:26 PM »

My dream Axl looks like Johny Depp, sounds like Elvis, moves like Ricky Martin, writes songs for the backstreet boys and wants to trade the Las Vegas 2001 show with me.

If you sign a petition, just ask him to send me the Las Vegas dvd and I'll be satisfied.  Tongue

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »

Poor Booker does.

Huh

What are you talking about?

The people that bash them I assume.  I dont think its necessary for me to prove that they get bashed on here...one would have to be either oblivious or deeply in denial to suggest otherwise. 

Im just observing that while Jarmo feels compelled to either jump to Axls defense or criticize those who criticize him, hes apparently quite comfortable with ex-members being "bashed," and frequently joins in on criticizing Slash, Duff, etc.  And while some posters keep bringing up that this is a GNR board, as if that justifies the bashing of important past members, a lot of Slash, Duff, Duff, Steven and even Weiland bashing takes place in the sections designated for those individuals.  So the implication seems to be that its not cool to bash Axl on a GNR board, but its at least acceptable to bash ex-members - even in the VR and ex-member sections.  And Jarmo keeps reminding me that Axl is the leader of current GNR, but Id ask about those who are here because of the old band?  Ive noted that this isnt an exclusively "new GNR" board and you havent corrected me yet, so I assume that Im right in that assessment.  Yes, there are those here for the new band, but it seems many are here to discuss the old band as well. 

As for this topic, and any other topic like it, I dont particularly care very much about Axls attire.  Ive said it before.  I might have my own personal opinions on certain things pertaining to the new GNRs image, but it has been, and continues to be, pretty low on the priority list. 
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2005, 10:56:14 PM »

Good point,Jarmo. I think a possible reason for no Axl updates is that he doesn't want more attention given to the CD situation. When he does make a statement, it gets analyzed to death and causes more people than usual to pay attention. So maybe in his eyes, not giving updates might prevent any added pressure.

I disagree, I dont think Axl lets anyone pressure him into anything, especially not when it comes to his music. In all honesty, I truly just think he has, and will continue to stay silent because he is finishing/toying with this project at strictly his own pace and if things take longer than expected, he would be ostricized by his fans. Once the album is 100% done, then you James lofton will have the statement you've been fantacizing about from Uncle Axl.

As far as Axl's image goes, I dont really care that much..I just want new music. If he could ditch the "gangsta" attire, and maybe go back to '88 Fox late show appearance, and voice I would be in heaven but I dont think thats going to happen.. Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

I want Axl to lose the braids and recover his eyebrows. I want him to have bangs like in the 90's and lose the fat clothes. No more oversized shirts and baggy pants. Be sexy like you used to be.? Kiss

Hey Xozi, there's something wrong with your butt.....

It has a crack in it.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2005, 07:14:32 AM »

My dream Axl will give a weekly update, with extensive pictures of his ass drool. Fu**k CD i need at least a legs update it's the minimal a star should do, i mean i'm oblieged to look n dream on a ten year picture, i bouht his merchandizing i ripped cd's n get them on line and that's how he tanks my died recently hard fan suport!!!!!!!! rant no see through shorts, no slick leather pants, well .....actually no Axl, i'm going to write a letter to Amnisty International, cause i'm sure that has to be against Genever Convention, join me and UN will make Axl be just the way we want.

Feb
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2005, 07:20:31 AM »

Im just observing that while Jarmo feels compelled to either jump to Axls defense or criticize those who criticize him, hes apparently quite comfortable with ex-members being "bashed," and frequently joins in on criticizing Slash, Duff, etc.?

Oh, right....

Seems like you still don't get it.

There are some people here who constantly try to turn every thread into something negative. I decided to let those people speak about what exactly they want out of Axl.

You asked in a thread in the VR section what made Slash a liar. I wonder why you didn't start one about Axl as well? Since you're so annoyed about me not starting this same discussion in the oher section.

And while some posters keep bringing up that this is a GNR board, as if that justifies the bashing of important past members, a lot of Slash, Duff, Duff, Steven and even Weiland bashing takes place in the sections designated for those individuals.? So the implication seems to be that its not cool to bash Axl on a GNR board, but its at least acceptable to bash ex-members - even in the VR and ex-member sections.? And Jarmo keeps reminding me that Axl is the leader of current GNR, but Id ask about those who are here because of the old band?? Ive noted that this isnt an exclusively "new GNR" board and you havent corrected me yet, so I assume that Im right in that assessment.? Yes, there are those here for the new band, but it seems many are here to discuss the old band as well.?

Weiland bashing?

Well my friend, get used to that. This is a GN'R board for GN'R fans. Some of us might not excatly be Weiland's biggest fans who go out and buy his solo album on the day of its release. But I do find criticizm of his style pointless....

You think this is something exclusive for this board? You go post negative things about Slash, Weiland or Duff at some VR forum and see what happens. Then post something negative about Axl and see how they react. I think there might be a difference....

Since you still didn't get it, the biggest problems is what goes on in the main section of the board. The main section is the one that gets the most posts and the one the board was created around so to speak.

By the way, the VR or Ex-Gunners sections are not the main sections of the board.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 08:10:41 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2005, 08:27:25 AM »

My dream Axl will give a weekly update, with extensive pictures of his ass drool. Fu**k CD i need at least a legs update it's the minimal a star should do, i mean i'm oblieged to look n dream on a ten year picture, i bouht his merchandizing i ripped cd's n get them on line and that's how he tanks my died recently hard fan suport!!!!!!!! rant no see through shorts, no slick leather pants, well .....actually no Axl, i'm going to write a letter to Amnisty International, cause i'm sure that has to be against Genever Convention, join me and UN will make Axl be just the way we want.

Feb

kilt piccie kilt piccie !!!

i love ass pictures, always wanted to sqeeze his, it's just rounded where it should... hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2005, 09:00:09 AM »

My dream Axl is one that comes back and winds everyone up but produces some quality material at the same time.

I want the rock star back

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: