Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:08:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your dream Axl?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your dream Axl?  (Read 16550 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2005, 09:04:29 AM »

You asked in a thread in the VR section what made Slash a liar. I wonder why you didn't start one about Axl as well? Since you're so annoyed about me not starting this same discussion in the oher section.

Simple...because Axl doesnt have the same bogus stigma. ?People criticize Axl for a lot of things, but very, very rarely for compulsive lying. ?As for the few who consider "See you next summer" or a wrong release date a lie, theyre just as wrong as the ones who label Slash...but those posts are rare and the "liar" stigma isnt present. ?

Weiland bashing?

Well my friend, get used to that. This is a GN'R board for GN'R fans.

Right...with a VR section inside of it. ?Since you find it odd that some of the people who post on the main board are here because of the music GNR has actually released (which, obviously, was done by the old band), I would imagine you find it similarly odd that people who dislike VR would post in that section. ?

Since you still didn't get it, the biggest problems is what goes on in the main section of the board. The main section is the one that gets the most posts and the one the board was created around so to speak.

So the main board is dedicated to Axl? ?I understand hes the singer, but the main board is for GNR, new and old, right? ?So is it not possible that some people might be a little bit more interested in the version of the band that was actually kind of active back in the day? ?So for people like that, isnt it possible that Axl isnt necessarily their favorite part of that GNR - just like Slash or Duff arent favorites to the new GNR fans (many of whom post in the VR and Ex sections when theyre obviously not fans in the least). ?

By the way, the VR or Ex-Gunners sections are not the main sections of the board.

Well, then were recognizing that their is a difference in principle. ?Okay.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:17:50 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2005, 09:16:46 AM »

Quote from: Christos AG
My dream Axl looks like Johny Depp, sounds like Elvis, moves like Ricky Martin, writes songs for the backstreet boys and wants to trade the Las Vegas 2001 show with me.

haha, he would have to act like Johnny's, Willy Wonka, persona though ?rofl and i can't picture WttJ sung like "don't be cruel" or "heartbreak hotel" ?hihi

I only bash a couple GnR members (present and past)

Neemo, do you really call yours all "bashing"? Roll Eyes
I'd call them opinions. On the points open to dispute, I'd disagree with you. the, would you think me bashing you? I know you didn't. Cool
I'd call it bashing if I criticised someone in order to hurt the target or their side.
I'd call it agitation if the criticism were hell continual negative calls of the above nature aiming to jumble us. Angry

I've bashed steven a couple times (when he had that interview about wanting to punch Axl in the face). (but he's an idiot Grin ) and i have said that Dizzy and Pittman are useless (i guess that is just an opinion) ?Wink

and whenever i post about robin people seem to get aggitated I don't mean my opinion of him to be negative but it comes out that way.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »

I would like to see Axl be himself, drop CD, knock our socks off, tour alittle not much though, drop another cd and tour again, then come back with Izzy, Slash, Duff, for the goodbye tour and cd waxing.. I would then be blown away and die satisfied... Sad

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2005, 10:46:57 AM »

Im just observing that while Jarmo feels compelled to either jump to Axls defense or criticize those who criticize him, hes apparently quite comfortable with ex-members being "bashed," and frequently joins in on criticizing Slash, Duff, etc.

Oh, right....

Seems like you still don't get it.

There are some people here who constantly try to turn every thread into something negative. I decided to let those people speak about what exactly they want out of Axl.

You asked in a thread in the VR section what made Slash a liar. I wonder why you didn't start one about Axl as well? Since you're so annoyed about me not starting this same discussion in the oher section.

And while some posters keep bringing up that this is a GNR board, as if that justifies the bashing of important past members, a lot of Slash, Duff, Duff, Steven and even Weiland bashing takes place in the sections designated for those individuals.  So the implication seems to be that its not cool to bash Axl on a GNR board, but its at least acceptable to bash ex-members - even in the VR and ex-member sections.  And Jarmo keeps reminding me that Axl is the leader of current GNR, but Id ask about those who are here because of the old band?  Ive noted that this isnt an exclusively "new GNR" board and you havent corrected me yet, so I assume that Im right in that assessment.  Yes, there are those here for the new band, but it seems many are here to discuss the old band as well.

Weiland bashing?

Well my friend, get used to that. This is a GN'R board for GN'R fans. Some of us might not excatly be Weiland's biggest fans who go out and buy his solo album on the day of its release. But I do find criticizm of his style pointless....

You think this is something exclusive for this board? You go post negative things about Slash, Weiland or Duff at some VR forum and see what happens. Then post something negative about Axl and see how they react. I think there might be a difference....

Since you still didn't get it, the biggest problems is what goes on in the main section of the board. The main section is the one that gets the most posts and the one the board was created around so to speak.

By the way, the VR or Ex-Gunners sections are not the main sections of the board.

/jarmo

Thats why this is such a kick ass board  beer

Most of us here are here because we want to see GNR succeed in the future.  Why dwell on the past?  It was great, but lets move forward.  And I see people on this board posting in this very section who seem to WANT to see Axl fail with this new guns n roses.  fuck that shit, those people can fuck right off to the vr forums.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2005, 11:07:20 AM »

Axl is perfect as is.  love

And - he wouldn't be 6'6" if he grew 7 inches.  no

Why don't you just....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2005, 11:18:54 AM »

Simple...because Axl doesnt have the same bogus stigma. ?People criticize Axl for a lot of things, but very, very rarely for compulsive lying. ?As for the few who consider "See you next summer" or a wrong release date a lie, theyre just as wrong as the ones who label Slash...but those posts are rare and the "liar" stigma isnt present. ?

I'm sure you could find something you think Axl was unfairly attack for? I mean, if you really wanted to and start a thread about it....

Right...with a VR section inside of it. ?Since you find it odd that some of the people who post on the main board are here because of the music GNR has actually released (which, obviously, was done by the old band), I would imagine you find it similarly odd that people who dislike VR would post in that section. ?

Stop putting words I didn't say in my mouth please.

I don't find it odd that people are here because of the old band. Where the fuck did you get that idea?

I find it boring how some people seem to be here to constantly whine about Axl year after year. I find it odd that people don't have anything better to do than to whine and bash. And these people are supposed to be fans.

I've said it before, criticizm is one thing, constant whining is something else.

So the main board is dedicated to Axl? ?I understand hes the singer, but the main board is for GNR, new and old, right? ?So is it not possible that some people might be a little bit more interested in the version of the band that was actually kind of active back in the day? ?So for people like that, isnt it possible that Axl isnt necessarily their favorite part of that GNR - just like Slash or Duff arent favorites to the new GNR fans (many of whom post in the VR and Ex sections when theyre obviously not fans in the least).

How should I put this that would make you understand?

If you go to a football game, you don't go into the section with the most rabid home supporters and wear the away team's colors do you?

You are in a section where a lot of people support Axl and yet you think it's ok to keep bashing the guy because after all you are a fan of the old band? What's the point?

Well, then were recognizing that their is a difference in principle. ?Okay.

Maybe in your head.

I don't understand your logic at all. Just because the biggest section is dedicated to the band that Axl sings in, I should put more effort into keeping the Steven bashing away from the ex-Gunners section so that you'd be happy?

Go look at the amount of posts each section has. Then tell me, where do you think the moderators should focus the most? The GN'R section or maybe something else?

I can't believe I have to explain to you why we focus on trying to keep the biggest section of the board running smoothly without fights and stupid pointless whiny posts.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2005, 12:09:13 PM »

So is it not possible that some people might be a little bit more interested in the version of the band that was actually kind of active back in the day?
obiviously not. of course people have interest in te old band and talk about it but Axl basically dominates most of that discussion.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »

I find it boring how some people seem to be here to constantly whine about Axl year after year. I find it odd that people don't have anything better to do than to whine and bash. And these people are supposed to be fans.

And those who consistently bash and whine about Slash and the others?

If you go to a football game, you don't go into the section with the most rabid home supporters and wear the away team's colors do you?

This analogy, like others youve made in the past, is questionable.

That football team has more than one player, right??

Also, would apply the same analogy to those who choose to post in the VR section to - thats right - bash and whine?

You are in a section where a lot of people support Axl and yet you think it's ok to keep bashing the guy because after all you are a fan of the old band? What's the point?

Hmm...would this also work as:

You are in a section where a lot of people support Slash and yet you think it's ok to keep bashing the guy because after all you are a fan of the new band? What's the point?

?

I don't understand your logic at all. Just because the biggest section is dedicated to the band that Axl sings in, I should put more effort into keeping the Steven bashing away from the ex-Gunners section so that you'd be happy?

Youre changing the subject a bit...Im not talking about your moderation efforts in any section.? Im talking about this thread.? You feel compelled enough to address critics of Axl to make this thread, but it doesnt seem to similarly bother you when people bash or criticize ex-members in any section, including this one.? Slash and Duff get bashed on the GNR forum as well as the VR one - the one thats supposed to be full of "rabid fans."

Go look at the amount of posts each section has. Then tell me, where do you think the moderators should focus the most? The GN'R section or maybe something else?

Ill say it again, its not about moderation, and its not about the size of the section.? Its whether or not the principle is the same, and you claim its in my head but from your posts, I cant see how it is the same.? You just dont seem to be as irritated by constant ex-member bashing as you do Axl.

I can't believe I have to explain to you why we focus on trying to keep the biggest section of the board running smoothly without fights and stupid pointless whiny posts.? Roll Eyes

Youre the one making a point of that...I dont recall addressing the moderation of the board.? Im talking about this thread, and the irritation youre expressing in it.? I simply asked if youve felt compelled to make something similar after seeing Slash or Steven get bashed.  things are apparently a bit different when it comes to Axl...thats fine.  Its your board and your decision.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 02:11:31 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2005, 02:38:33 PM »

Booker ruins another axl thread. cheers? beer
You had your chance to say how you would like Axl to change and you turned it into a axl vs old gnr thread.

The point of this thread was to keep all the Axl is an asshole because he is alwyas late, his hip hop look has to go, the braids have to go etc etc would all be kept in one thread. Was that really too hard to understand?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 02:40:52 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »

And those who consistently bash and whine about Slash and the others?

If this was a Slash fan board, you might have a better point but this isn't.

This analogy, like others youve made in the past, is questionable.

That football team has more than one player, right??

Also, would apply the same analogy to those who choose to post in the VR section to - thats right - bash and whine?

Of course it's questionable to you. Everything is.

You're on the home team's section thinking bashing their captain is ok. You're whining about why we don't ask the supporters not to insult the guy who left the team for another team nine years ago? ?hihi

You're whining about me posting this topic here and not posting similar ones in the other sections aren't you?

I've told you a few times already, I gotta start with the biggest problem in the biggest section. Why is it that hard to understand?

If this was a VR board with a GN'R section, then I would've started with the VR bashing first and then moved onto the others.

What's the problem Booker?

What do you want me to say? "I hate Slash and that's why I posted this topic"? ?hihi

You are in a section where a lot of people support Slash and yet you think it's ok to keep bashing the guy because after all you are a fan of the new band? What's the point?

Nice edit.

I'm tired of explaining to you how this works since you obviously don't get it and keep crying about how I don't "defend" Slash and the others enough.

Youre changing the subject a bit...Im not talking about your moderation efforts in any section.? Im talking about this thread.? You feel compelled enough to address critics of Axl to make this thread, but it doesnt seem to similarly bother you when people bash or criticize ex-members in any section, including this one.? Slash and Duff get bashed on the GNR forum as well as the VR one - the one thats supposed to be full of "rabid fans."

Oh, wow! This thread was created to make our "job" easier. There's a few people who feel like bashing Axl in a lot of threads that have nothing to do with him. Why not let them tell the whole board how they want Axl to be instead?

Again, because it seems to me and other moderators that the Axl bashing is what takes up the most space.... Or maybe it's because we all love Axl and hate the ex-members? You seem to know us the best, so maybe you should tell us.

Ill say it again, its not about moderation, and its not about the size of the section.? Its whether or not the principle is the same, and you claim its in my head but from your posts, I cant see how it is the same.? You just dont seem to be as irritated by constant ex-member bashing as you do Axl.

Oh My God. Keep repeating it.

I can do the same:

Big problem - higher priority > small problem - less priority

But if you really have a huge problem with the Slash bashing, please use the report to moderator button more often. I notice how it must be a huge problem for you.

Youre the one making a point of that...I dont recall addressing the moderation of the board.? Im talking about this thread, and the irritation youre expressing in it.? I simply asked if youve felt compelled to make something similar after seeing Slash or Steven get bashed.? things are apparently a bit different when it comes to Axl...thats fine.? Its your board and your decision.

I don't feel compelled to address the Slash issue at this moment since I feel the Axl bashing is a bigger problem.

Now, go and twist that into something else.

I haven't seen you compelled to try to do anything about the Axl bashing. Why not?

I should've expected this from you. You don't have that much to add to the discussion other than "why don't you do this to Slash? ?crying "

Hey Booker, how about you read the first post of the thread, think about the subject and if you have something to add, post it! Get past the whole "You hate Slash, admit it" thing.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »

jarmo, I feel ignored, what'd you think of my dream Axl ?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2005, 03:13:14 PM »

my 'dream Axl' would show up on time...I know I'm in the minority on this, but that's about the only thing I would change...imo, that shit works when your band is hot, hot, hot, and GNR (again, imo) were not hot, hot, hot going into round 2 (2002 tour) it worked back then (with the originals) but I was really hoping for an "upgrade" in 2002...that's all.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2005, 03:15:54 PM »

my 'dream Axl' would show up on time...I know I'm in the minority on this, but that's about the only thing I would change...imo, that shit works when your band is hot, hot, hot, and GNR (again, imo) were not hot, hot, hot going into round 2 (2002 tour) it worked back then (with the originals) but I was really hoping for an "upgrade" in 2002...that's all.

I don't care if he shows up on time or not, I just want him to show up PERIOD!  Smiley

Why don't you just....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2005, 03:17:58 PM »

Well we can just stop right here.? The implication is obvious: Axl = GNR.

The issue is settled, as far as Im concerned.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 03:25:24 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2005, 03:30:25 PM »

The issue is settled.

Dude you just don't get it do you? Slash USED to be in GnR, and those were great  days, but now Slash is in VR, nowadays gnr is Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy and Pittman.

in this section we talk about these people. Jarmo feels that there is a problem with board members bashing GnR's frontman, in this section, (the biggest section) and the one dedicated to the current band. Slash is discussed in the VR and X-members sections, which are smaller.  The biggest section of the board gets its issues addressed first. If Jarmo thinks there is a problem in the other parts of the board he will address it after this problem is resolved. IMO the mods do a fantastic job of enforcing the rules on this board.

If you have a concern Booker why don't you post in the "Administration and Feed back section"? I for one am bored with crying . Besides Slash, Duff and Steven have slung enough shit around recently, I'm sure they can take a bit themselves. (S&D are musical hero's of mine btw, but some of the stuff that gets quoted from them and their recent lawsuits make me lose some of that respect)

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »

Well we can just stop right here.  The implication is obvious: Axl = GNR.
As I have said countless times.....Axl is the member out of the old group that peopel give the most attention too. Good or bad. Hes the most appealing, good or bad out of th ebunch. Axl is th eguy who creates the most controversy...good or bad....hence people talk about Axl more. This reminds me of the quote about all the Axl signs and no Slash signs.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
makane
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2005, 03:43:40 PM »

The issue is settled.

Dude you just don't get it do you? Slash USED to be in GnR, and those were great? days, but now Slash is in VR, nowadays gnr is Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy and Pittman.

in this section we talk about these people. Jarmo feels that there is a problem with board members bashing GnR's frontman, in this section, (the biggest section) and the one dedicated to the current band. Slash is discussed in the VR and X-members sections, which are smaller.? The biggest section of the board gets its issues addressed first. If Jarmo thinks there is a problem in the other parts of the board he will address it after this problem is resolved. IMO the mods do a fantastic job of enforcing the rules on this board.
Maybe some people here don't care about VR or NewGN'R and are here for only the old/real Guns N' Roses? so they shouldn't use this forum?
I think Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven deserve as much attention on this section of the forum as Axl.
"Everything GN'R related, including discussions about present members."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 03:47:09 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2005, 03:48:36 PM »

The issue is settled.

Dude you just don't get it do you? Slash USED to be in GnR, and those were great? days, but now Slash is in VR, nowadays gnr is Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy and Pittman.

in this section we talk about these people. Jarmo feels that there is a problem with board members bashing GnR's frontman, in this section, (the biggest section) and the one dedicated to the current band. Slash is discussed in the VR and X-members sections, which are smaller.? The biggest section of the board gets its issues addressed first. If Jarmo thinks there is a problem in the other parts of the board he will address it after this problem is resolved. IMO the mods do a fantastic job of enforcing the rules on this board.
Maybe some people here don't care about VR or NewGN'R and are here for only the old/real Guns N' Roses? so they shouldn't use this forum?
I think Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven deserve as much attention on this section of the forum as Axl.
"Everything GN'R related, including discussions about present members."

there are discussions about old members but new info about hem goes into ex-members and VR sections

most stuff gets thrown into Dead Horse, cuz if it's from GnR's past it's prolly aready been talked about numerous times
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 03:51:57 PM by Neemo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2005, 03:54:13 PM »

I think your wrong when you say they deserve as much attention. I think they deserve the respect just as much as Axl. But attention is something totally different. You cant force peopel to talk/care about the other members. As you cant force people to talk/care about Axl. Its evident that although everyone here for the most part loves the old members and respect/appreciate and are grateful for the music they made, the majority of the people here rather talk about Axl.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2005, 04:14:11 PM »

The issue is settled, as far as Im concerned.

Good for you!

That's so ignorant it's not even funny anymore. Anybody can see that your quote isn't my opinion.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: