Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?  (Read 17992 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: September 27, 2006, 07:27:45 PM »

OK. I was posting in another thread when I thought of starting this one. I don't want this to disintegrate into some sort of old v new thread. I also hope people don't posted stuff like "GN'R was late once and that bummed me out". I think this could be cool if everyone has some experiences to share.

I've seen GN'R 5 times total and believe it or not, stuff outside the GN'R concert could've turned the night into BIG bummers. Check these stories out:

The first one is very small. When we went to see GN'R with Metallica & Faith No More at the Silverdome here in Detroit in 1992, we were all kids. My friends cousin had to borrow her moms car to even get us there. We ofcourse assured all of our parents that we'd be home by 11pm at the least (yeah RIGHT!) to seal the deal.

Well, needless to say, GN'R going on stage at 12:15am didn't help, but I'll tell you what was worse: getting to the car at roughly 3:30am to find out that the driver had locked her keys in her car!!!!! This was obviously well before the time of cell phones so none of us had anyway to reach any one to help! We stood in the parking lot trying to flag any sort of help for at least an hour to no avail. The Silverdome is smack dab in the middle of "the 'hood" just so you know and here's 4 white as white can be GN'R fans trying to find someone to help us!

Eventually we flagged down a police officer who found ONE towing company open at that hour. We all had to chip in to get the money up to get the car open so we could be on our way. We had the cop radio the station to call the drivers mom and at least let them know that we all hadn't been killed.

That was bad at the time, but it was no where NEAR as bad as what happened to me right before the first night at the Hammerstein Ballroom this year.

Check this out:

Myself, my wife, my guitarist and his girlfriend decided we were gonna make the drive from north of Detroit to NYC to see GN'R. Everything was alllll good until about 3 hours before the show. My wife and I settled into the TGI Fridays across the street from the Hammerstein and proceeded to get HAMMERED. We met some really cool GN'R fans from Chicago while we were there. Eventually my guitarist joined up with us and we got even more demolished. Finally it was time for the men to go see GN'R and the women to go hit NYC.

So us and the guys from Chicago headed to the line for the show. By this time the line was at least 10 blocks long if not longer. So there we are... waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Finally someone makes the sound decision to go get more beer. So we all pound those beers as fast as we can.

Everyone around seems to be running to some near by alley or void to take a leak. The one guy from Chicago and I were both worried about doing that so we kept holding it hoping the line would move. It never did. So finally we decide we're gonna make a run to the bathroom. But we decided to be really smart about it and go way past where everyone else had gone. We went like 3 buildings farther and decided to run behind the building. So we did that and started pissing.

Right there in mid-piss we hear "What the fuck do you two think you're doing?!?!". I turned around and saw a very irate man and said "I'm so sorry, is this your business? We just really had to go. We'll leave. I'm sorry" as I'm saying that, we're both zipping up and trying to walk away.

The guy grabs my shirt and says "No. No. Stop where you are.....and you to!" so we both stop. Another guy comes out of the window of the side of the building with a badge and a gun and says "What the FUCK is this?!". The first guy grabs onto my shirt and says "These two assholes were just pissing on our pricinct sarge!".

As you might imagine, I immediately shit myself. They then called another five or so cops to yell at us. They put us up against a fence, read us our rights, searched us, the whole nine yards. I am telling you I was scared shitless, for real. They took our IDs and ran our records. We both explained that we were from Chicago and Detroit respectively and felt like idiots for what we did. We continued to explain that we had both travelled from very far away just to see Guns N' Roses and we reitterated how stupid we felt for what we did.

I guess the funniest part of the story came next when one of the cops said "GUNS N' ROSES?!?! With that goof ball Buckethead or the real Guns N' Roses?" and I said (please remember I was scared beyond belief) "No. Bucketheads not here sir, but neither is Slash. It's someone new, we don't know who yet.".

They ended up giving us our stuff back and letting us go on our way. They were probably the nicest they could've been about something like that overall. We got back to the line and everyone in line what like "HEY! Where were you guys?!" and overall course we said "Um. We don't wanna talk about it right now.". Haha.

I guess I can laugh about it now but it was a pretty big ass bummer at the time for sure!!

So lets here 'em! Anyone got anything near as bad to share about the night of a GNR show with me?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »

holy crap man!

great read.

Bono
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »

Here it is short and sweet:

Driving all through the night in the most wicked snow storm and driving conditions I have ever seen(saw a semi jacknifed over the cliff in the mountains with the driver still in it) from Sylvan Lake, Alberta to Vancouver(normally 12 hours but it took us 16) in 2002 only to have the show cancelled last second. Angry
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:35:06 PM »

Dunno if this counts but when i saw GnR in Newcastle in July, when i was queuing i saw a guy piss into a empty bottle of JD and then drink the piss, i was sick immediatly on the spot!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
EFISH
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »

HAHA wow that story about Hammerstein: My heart litteraly was beating fast. I know just how that feels, that must have been basically the scariest moment of your life!
daubs
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »

haha good story. some people would have just detained you so you would miss the concert..that would have sucked.

galad it worked out for you.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »

In 1988 I believe, maybe it was '87, when Gn'R opened for Aerosmith. Me and my budy we're driving up from San Diego to L.A. (I can't remember where they played) having a great time smoking all the way, not good things, ha ha, and my car just completely shut off. Like someone pulled the plug. Ended being a fryed distributer I believe. ?Missed the whole show..... ? ? crying ?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 07:39:19 PM »

Well..

I was at Inland Invasion...
... Dizzy's piano solo just ended...
the blues intro started...
And even though I knew there wouldn't be any...
... the 02 guitars weren't there.

gnrevolution.com
slashBOG
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »

OMG.. almost same story for me... I was in the line for the NY show on May 14, and I really had to go too, we walked around the corner abt 2 blocks from the ballroom,, me and my friend did not notice that we were pissing on the precint wall also, It's unbelievable, that the same story happened to someone else.. anyway,, Something else happened once inside the ballroom.. I was a litttle drunk, talking to some guys from Boston, I took out my camera and started taking pictures of me and the guys, when one of the security people grabbed me from my arm and said.. U gotta go, no cameras are allowed in here,, I am like,,, What the #@$#$@ I flew all the way from Florida for this show, and now they're gonna kick me out?? hell nooo.. Without even thinking I just pushed the guy,, and ran away as fast as I could, never turn back to see If I was being followed or not... Went inside the crowd on the floor area and got them lost,,,, It was a hell of a crazy night.. I will never forget it... ? ok .. now 2 more are coming,,,, HELL YEAHHH!!!
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 07:47:05 PM »

Dunno if this counts but when i saw GnR in Newcastle in July, when i was queuing i saw a guy piss into a empty bottle of JD and then drink the piss, i was sick immediatly on the spot!

Hahahahaha, that was so funny!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anyways, biggest bummer was having a ticket for the 2001 Stockholm show, which got postponed and then cancelled, plus a ticket to Roskilde Festival 2001, which I did go to, although GN'R cancelled. Good thing I did, 'cause otherwise I would have missed one awesome Nick Cave show. I think Wyclef Jean played in GN'R's spot. THAT's the definition of a bummer, eh?

The most recent one was waiting in line since 11AM for the Paris show and then ending up being starved, dehydrated but still having to pee, completely worn out from standing up so long, and without a good spot when the actual GN'R show started.

jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »

Finding out that I could've met most of the band, including Axl, if I had stuck around after the show in San Francisco (which I didn't)
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:52:33 PM »

HAHA wow that story about Hammerstein: My heart litteraly was beating fast. I know just how that feels, that must have been basically the scariest moment of your life!

Overall, I'd have to say yes. For SO many reasons. It's like "our women are at a Broadway show.... my wife's gonna KILL me anyways.... no one's gonna know what happened to me... " like a million things went through my mind!

Someone else posted about being lucky for not being detained. I could go into detail but you have no idea how lucky I was for that not happening and that was at the top of my mind too!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 07:55:05 PM »

OK. I was posting in another thread when I thought of starting this one. I don't want this to disintegrate into some sort of old v new thread. I also hope people don't posted stuff like "GN'R was late once and that bummed me out". I think this could be cool if everyone has some experiences to share.

I've seen GN'R 5 times total and believe it or not, stuff outside the GN'R concert could've turned the night into BIG bummers. Check these stories out:

The first one is very small. When we went to see GN'R with Metallica & Faith No More at the Silverdome here in Detroit in 1992, we were all kids. My friends cousin had to borrow her moms car to even get us there. We ofcourse assured all of our parents that we'd be home by 11pm at the least (yeah RIGHT!) to seal the deal.

Well, needless to say, GN'R going on stage at 12:15am didn't help, but I'll tell you what was worse: getting to the car at roughly 3:30am to find out that the driver had locked her keys in her car!!!!! This was obviously well before the time of cell phones so none of us had anyway to reach any one to help! We stood in the parking lot trying to flag any sort of help for at least an hour to no avail. The Silverdome is smack dab in the middle of "the 'hood" just so you know and here's 4 white as white can be GN'R fans trying to find someone to help us!

Eventually we flagged down a police officer who found ONE towing company open at that hour. We all had to chip in to get the money up to get the car open so we could be on our way. We had the cop radio the station to call the drivers mom and at least let them know that we all hadn't been killed.

That was bad at the time, but it was no where NEAR as bad as what happened to me right before the first night at the Hammerstein Ballroom this year.

Check this out:

Myself, my wife, my guitarist and his girlfriend decided we were gonna make the drive from north of Detroit to NYC to see GN'R. Everything was alllll good until about 3 hours before the show. My wife and I settled into the TGI Fridays across the street from the Hammerstein and proceeded to get HAMMERED. We met some really cool GN'R fans from Chicago while we were there. Eventually my guitarist joined up with us and we got even more demolished. Finally it was time for the men to go see GN'R and the women to go hit NYC.

So us and the guys from Chicago headed to the line for the show. By this time the line was at least 10 blocks long if not longer. So there we are... waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Finally someone makes the sound decision to go get more beer. So we all pound those beers as fast as we can.

Everyone around seems to be running to some near by alley or void to take a leak. The one guy from Chicago and I were both worried about doing that so we kept holding it hoping the line would move. It never did. So finally we decide we're gonna make a run to the bathroom. But we decided to be really smart about it and go way past where everyone else had gone. We went like 3 buildings farther and decided to run behind the building. So we did that and started pissing.

Right there in mid-piss we hear "What the fuck do you two think you're doing?!?!". I turned around and saw a very irate man and said "I'm so sorry, is this your business? We just really had to go. We'll leave. I'm sorry" as I'm saying that, we're both zipping up and trying to walk away.

The guy grabs my shirt and says "No. No. Stop where you are.....and you to!" so we both stop. Another guy comes out of the window of the side of the building with a badge and a gun and says "What the FUCK is this?!". The first guy grabs onto my shirt and says "These two assholes were just pissing on our pricinct sarge!".

As you might imagine, I immediately shit myself. They then called another five or so cops to yell at us. They put us up against a fence, read us our rights, searched us, the whole nine yards. I am telling you I was scared shitless, for real. They took our IDs and ran our records. We both explained that we were from Chicago and Detroit respectively and felt like idiots for what we did. We continued to explain that we had both travelled from very far away just to see Guns N' Roses and we reitterated how stupid we felt for what we did.

I guess the funniest part of the story came next when one of the cops said "GUNS N' ROSES?!?! With that goof ball Buckethead or the real Guns N' Roses?" and I said (please remember I was scared beyond belief) "No. Bucketheads not here sir, but neither is Slash. It's someone new, we don't know who yet.".

They ended up giving us our stuff back and letting us go on our way. They were probably the nicest they could've been about something like that overall. We got back to the line and everyone in line what like "HEY! Where were you guys?!" and overall course we said "Um. We don't wanna talk about it right now.". Haha.

I guess I can laugh about it now but it was a pretty big ass bummer at the time for sure!!

So lets here 'em! Anyone got anything near as bad to share about the night of a GNR show with me?

That 2nd story is friggin hilarious!!!  For a second I was scared you wouldn't be able to see the show!  It sounds like a happy ending to me.  Good stuff.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »

Finding out that I could've met most of the band, including Axl, if I had stuck around after the show in San Francisco (which I didn't)

oh dude, that's fucked up...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
robinfinckfan
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »

got to new york city for the first time ever in my life Shocked. my girlfriend and i take a cab from laguardia to the new yorker which is right next door to the hammerstein and the cab driver drops us off on the corner of w. 48th /8th and says " the hotel is just around the corner". i couldn't see a street sign and am just like ok sweet. were here......then ummm no

were like 14 blocks away and i've got everything we brought including the tix, hotel stuff, and plane tix back home in our carry on and we start walking down 8th ave. were a few blocks on our maiden journey and a guy had bumped into another guy walking and they start yelling at each other which leads into a shoving and fighting match as we start to walk by nervous I'm like cmon babe walk swiftly as i got a death grip on my carry on bag. we make it passed ?that and this dude comes up to me and is like " do you gotta lite" and i give him one and he looks at me and goes " do you live around here" ?nervous nervous i'm like ?" yeah we just got back" and my girlfriend grabs my arm and says " see ya later" ?hihi she's freaking out " i just wanna go back home, i just wanna go home" ?rofl

we make it to the hotel safely and was standing in line the next morning at 10:00 am ok

great show: weird experience peace beer
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »

i think it was a bummer that people were yelling "Asshole Rose" and "Guns N' Assholes" and booing before GNR came on at Inland.  People have no fucking patience whatsoever in the world anymore.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 08:05:31 PM »

i think it was a bummer that people were yelling "Asshole Rose" and "Guns N' Assholes" and booing before GNR came on at Inland.  People have no fucking patience whatsoever in the world anymore.

Yeah dude it was like "shut the fuck up already!"... Jesus. GNR never shows up on time..

gnrevolution.com
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 08:08:55 PM »

Last wednesday at the first warfield show, either having to pee in the homeless mens shelter, or getting on the wrong bus on the way home and having to walk 15 blocks at 3am in an area i'd never been near before with a guy trying to pick us up.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »

were like 14 blocks...

similar thing happened to us...

1st time in NYC for the GNR show. We wanted to go to the Hard Rock on Broadway. Hoped a cab, told him where we wanted to go. He took forever to get there, then pulls over NO WHERE. And all four of us are like "Ummm... there's no Hard Rock here?" and the cabbie seemed angry at us and was like "WELL IT USED TO BE HERE!" and we were like "Ok. Thats cool and all, but we want to go where it is NOW".

We found our way there but it was a weird time gettin' there.

mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 08:14:56 PM »

Hey, he even admitted he was an asshole. Wink Grin

Anyways, I have no bad stories to tell because I've never been. Hopefully I still won't have any bad experiences to tell on November 9th. ok Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: