Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?  (Read 17997 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 08:17:52 PM »

i think it was a bummer that people were yelling "Asshole Rose" and "Guns N' Assholes" and booing before GNR came on at Inland.  People have no fucking patience whatsoever in the world anymore.
Hey, he even admitted he was an asshole. Wink Grin

Anyways, I have no bad stories to tell because I've never been. Hopefully I still won't have any bad experiences to tell on November 9th. ok Cool

I honestly hope not either. Granted, both of my bad experiences were caused by either me or someone I know... still not gonna let a lame crowd or lateness or something get me down.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »

Finding out that I could've met most of the band, including Axl, if I had stuck around after the show in San Francisco (which I didn't)

I fucked up my chances of meeting BBF in London. Twice. ?no
The first was after the Hammersmith gig - Axl hit the stage later than expected, and when the thing finished, I had to hurry to catch the last train home.
And then, before the Wembley gig - this time I was the one who was late. Only 20 bloody minutes. Did not see him but saw Axl.?

crying
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »

Finding out that I could've met most of the band, including Axl, if I had stuck around after the show in San Francisco (which I didn't)

I fucked up my chances of meeting BBF in London. Twice.  no
The first was after the Hammersmith gig - Axl hit the stage later than expected, and when the thing finished, I had to hurry to catch the last train home.
And then, before the Wembley gig - this time I was the one who was late. Only 20 bloody minutes. Did not see him but saw Axl. 

crying

What do you mean "we saw Axl"? Did you meet Axl or do you just mean that you saw the show? (not that that's a bad thing!)

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 08:33:22 PM »

I fucked up my chances of meeting BBF in London. Twice.? no
And then, before the Wembley gig - this time I was the one who was late. Only 20 bloody minutes. Did not see him but saw Axl.?

crying

What do you mean "we saw Axl"? Did you meet Axl or do you just mean that you saw the show? (not that that's a bad thing!)

I proper saw him... About 5 cm away from me.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 08:34:58 PM »

Having shitty openers in 2006 (Except for Baz)  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »

I fucked up my chances of meeting BBF in London. Twice.  no
And then, before the Wembley gig - this time I was the one who was late. Only 20 bloody minutes. Did not see him but saw Axl. 

crying

I proper saw him... About 5 cm away from me.

Oh ok. Good enough.

Ya know what funny? I bet if I wasn't in such a shitty mood because of the second story in the first thread I bet I woulda pushed for us to be right there in the front for the Hammerstein gig too.

God bless you for getting so close on you own.

Anyone else got some stories to share?

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »

The night of the Philly show in '02........I took a train to Philly and it didn't get there till 6:30.? Doors were supposed to open at 7, but thank god that Axl never shows up on time because they eventually didn't open till about 8.? Either way....the line for taxis was fucking HUGE...like wrapped around the block.? This nicely dressed black man comes up to me and is like "where you going?"? I say I'm off to a concert at the FU center.? He's like I'll take you.? I'm so desperate that I didn't care, so I get in....it's actually a fucking limo.? The guy gives me a card and everything.? Anyhow this dude flies across super packed traffic to get me there and only charges me $35 bucks.? That was the cool part.? The shitty part then starts...I was supposed to meet a few people from the board and I couldn't find them.? Then we get in and the show starts and well I think you guys know what happened.? Anyhow after getting out of the FU center I'm just like shit, how do I get back to the train station.? Luckily two chicks were walking by me and were like are you going to the subway, I'm like yeah, so they say can we walk with you for protection purposes I guess.? Anyhow they lead me to the subway, we get on our seperate trains and sure enough as soon as I get on there, it's 3 drunk white dudes, some white trash chicks, a nice dressed girl by herself, a staff member at the FU center and myself.? The white dudes and the white trash chicks start arguing about Axl (no lie, the chicks were defending him ha), then two black dudes come in selling bootleg t-shirts.? Anyway the drunk white dudes get into it with the black dudes then and they get into a shoving match.? The nice chick and the staff member came over to me and asked to set by me and we just watched in awe.? I met a cool girl that night who's number I wish I would have gotten, but either way, totally weird night.? Then I capped it off by staying at the 34th street station all night with about 200 bums who were allowed to sleep inside because of the snow on the ground.? To this day I still haven't went back to Philly.

PS - The moral of this story is.......you can still trust people in the city!  Desperation causes you not to worry about repercussions, but then again....I'm not one to easily go down.  So don't try that one at home, being 22 at the time and I took a ride from a stranger!!! Pull out the McGruff Crime Dog tapes for me to watch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:03:38 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »

12/06/02 - Philadelphia

Everyone knows what happened.  The event is taking place as scheduled, CKY went on to perform as normal, Mixmaster Mike has an extended set, a long wait occurs, the crowd starts to get restless, people start leaving, some guy comes out and says a band member is sick and the band won't be playing, there's a riot, the million dollar soundboard was destroyed, the band didn't play a show for almost 4 more years and is barley heard from during that time.  That was my first Gn'R show.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »

Whoa I'm noticing a similarity in my story and "Welcome to the Jungle".  Axl says a black man came up to him in NYC and was like "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE, YOU IN THE JUNGLE, YOU GONNA DIE".  A black man comes up to me in Philly and says "YOU WANNA RIDE, IN A LIMO, FOR CHEAP".

Which brings me to my new hit song......"Riding In A Limo"

Riding in a limo,
To a guns n roses show
You might get molested or even raped
but it's a chance ya gotta take ya know

In a limo, riding in a limo
and axl doesn't even sha na nanananana show, show

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 10:03:54 PM »

Mine was back in 2002.  My friends and I scheduled a trip to Las Vegas right after Christmas through New Years.  The basic reason for the trip was to gamble and go celebrate New Year's in Scottsdale, AZ.  They have a huge New Years party there and it was the site of the college football National Championship that year (Ohio St. vs. Miami, won by Maurice Clarrett and the Buckeyes).  Anyway, I'm not a big gambler so my main attraction for the trip was the partying and to see Guns N' Roses in Vegas.  Of course you know what happened that early December.  I was crushed.  It would've been so awesome.

The story does have a happy side note though.  I was able to see Guns in Hartford, their second to last show of that ill-fated tour.  I had a blast.  But Vegas would've been something else.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »

same thing happened to me after the last hammerstein show crying

Fucked up and out of place
ann2718
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 11:44:55 PM »

This isn't so bad, but people spill beer in my hair.? I mean, I know they're not doing it on purpose, it's just that I'm really short.? It ends up on other people's shoulders and backs, but in my hair.? It's just that it's really kind of sticky.? At least now I know to put my hair up so no one will pull it.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 01:24:23 AM »

damn russ, that was intense reading I remeber talkin tou you and your wife and guitarist at mustang harrys giving you driections to central park and stuff, realy glad it worked out, and truth is NYC cops realy arent assholes, they just do thier job, but have bigger things to keep wary of , and they do a great job.

As for me, the only bummer I can recall about any GNR show was, fighting with my BF at msg who wanted to go to the show, and I wanted to walk around through the arena, to meet up with friends I knew were there, and he was drunk as fuck, and we argued, and he was being a fuckng bitch, and left, I went to look for him , then surpirsingly, at 9:45 the openig to Jungle started and I was like fuck him!.lol And I went back and had a great time, hung out with awesome people , and after met up with firneds I was looking for earlier. At the end of that show , I didnt give a shit anymore, needless to say we arent together anymore. BUt at the time for a brief moment, the incident was a bummer to me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 01:45:39 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bono
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 01:29:43 AM »

To be honest even though I had a great time at Mustang Harry's on May 15th it was a bit disapointing that the turnout was  quite small. At least when I was there. having said that I did meet alot of cool people there. I guess I was just expecting more.

Another big bummer was the day I bought End of Days soundtrack. I was so pumped to hear Oh My God and after I did I had such an empty feeling. Probably the biggest let down I've ever had when it comes to hearing a  new song  that I had anticipated. In fact I know it was the biggest. Cry
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 01:47:15 AM »

To be honest even though I had a great time at Mustang Harry's on May 15th it was a bit disapointing that the turnout was  quite small. At least when I was there. having said that I did meet alot of cool people there. I guess I was just expecting more.

Another big bummer was the day I bought End of Days soundtrack. I was so pumped to hear Oh My God and after I did I had such an empty feeling. Probably the biggest let down I've ever had when it comes to hearing a  new song  that I had anticipated. In fact I know it was the biggest. Cry
I think the urnout will quite bigger for thsi, I was ther fora ll the pershows, the 12, from 12pm, on, the 14th, I stoped by before work, for an hr around 4pm, and the 15th, from 5pm on as well as the 17th.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 01:54:58 AM »

vancouver 2002
and vancouver 1992
what else to say
two no shows

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Bono
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 01:56:09 AM »

I think the urnout will quite bigger for thsi, I was ther fora ll the pershows, the 12, from 12pm, on, the 14th, I stoped by before work, for an hr around 4pm, and the 15th, from 5pm on as well as the 17th.

It's a shame we didn't meet jazjme. I was there on the 15th also form about 4:30 till 9:00. kinda weird we didn't talk to each other. ?Maybe we did Huh I met Mike but he was really loaded hihi
Bono
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 01:57:54 AM »

vancouver 2002
and vancouver 1992
what else to say
two no shows
You have ben fucked over! that's what I say. What are the freaking odds of that happening twice right? no
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »

It's a shame we didn't meet jazjme. I was there on the 15th also form about 4:30 till 9:00. kinda weird we didn't talk to each other.  Maybe we did Huh I met Mike but he was really loaded hihi
we probably did talk, cause I was hanging out with him also that night.

And yes he was loaded like a freightrain!

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 02:00:07 AM »

ya well consider it three times now with 2006 not coming once again...
consider this city written off for GNR...
last time i flew to toronto 02 (great show i may add)
this time i will drive to edmonton....

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: