Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?  (Read 18000 times)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »

On my layover from saskatoon to toronto, then to new york for the hammerstein shows.... my flight to new york kept getting delayed, delayed, then cancelled.... it was 6pm at this point, then the airline told me there were no seats available until the next day. I kindly but forcefully told her that THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY i was missing the first gnr show in 4 years and that I WAS GETTING on the next plane. She saw things my way and someone else gave up their seat for me. Then when I got to the airport I got on the wrong train and was about 10 seconds away from taking the train to philly not penn station.... and then getting to my hostel and having the dude tell me he didn't have my reservation and that he couldn't help me.... he told me to leave but When I asked if he had a extra bed he he said YES... it all worked out and I made it just in time to chug three jack daniels and fight my way to the front to see axl and the boys.

I almost shit my pants five times that day... but I made. Had i only know that 6 days later i'd meet the man and the band i'd have told you you were a fool

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »

On my layover from saskatoon to toronto, then to new york for the hammerstein shows.... my flight to new york kept getting delayed, delayed, then cancelled.... it was 6pm at this point, then the airline told me there were no seats available until the next day. I kindly but forcefully told her that THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY i was missing the first gnr show in 4 years and that I WAS GETTING on the next plane. She saw things my way and someone else gave up their seat for me. Then when I got to the airport I got on the wrong train and was about 10 seconds away from taking the train to philly not penn station.... and then getting to my hostel and having the dude tell me he didn't have my reservation and that he couldn't help me.... he told me to leave but When I asked if he had a extra bed he he said YES... it all worked out and I made it just in time to chug three jack daniels and fight my way to the front to see axl and the boys.

I almost shit my pants five times that day... but I made. Had i only know that 6 days later i'd meet the man and the band i'd have told you you were a fool

I'm glad when the stories end like this one!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
moondance_1
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006, 09:07:11 AM »

no wonder you seemed a bit high strung when i met ya. LoL? hope all is well up your way! Tami
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:08:43 AM by moondance_1 » Logged

Frankly,My Dear...........
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006, 10:44:23 AM »

the time they pushed back the october 22nd nashville show till january  Tongue

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

the time they pushed back the october 22nd nashville show till january? Tongue

I have friends of mine that are totally bummed about where the Detroit date fell. We all pretty much work in retail and that weekend is HELL for retail workers in America. I know alot of guys who just aren't going to be able to make it because of the timing of the show. It's unfortunate.  no

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2006, 09:09:04 AM »

2 canceled shows.. 8th row and 10th row tickets when Gilby Broke His Arm....

madagas
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »

My other big bummer after no album in 15 years is the departure of Izzy...wasn't happy with that. Sad
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2006, 12:07:02 PM »

For me it was 2002.  The big return, the talks of the album coming, the tour, then BOOM - nearly four more years of silence.

Slashahaulic
Opening Act

Where would GnR be today if it wasn't for Slash...

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2006, 12:56:53 PM »

the time they pushed back the october 22nd nashville show till january? Tongue

This probably tops my list too.  I was lucky that when I saw them in 92 in Chicago that I had tickets for the 1st show and not the 2nd (cancelled) one.  They did a lottery for that show, so we got in with another group and had 4 chances for a good number and one of the other people drew #2 - we ended up 7th row right in front of Slash's set up, and the other 2 never showed up.  Odd.

Slash: the Soul behind GnR
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »

well being a relatively new fan, I would have to say, watching the bootleg from the st louis show.
it's hard to watch your hero in his lowest point.

robots.
IREEKOFAWESUMNES
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »

i have 2....

#1 would definitely be december 6th 2002...philly...enough said...$300 for a 4th row ticket for nothing

#2 would be 10 min ago when i get home and see fucking papa roach are opening at MSG...COME ON AXL....bullet arent my favorite band but i at lest can respect them...papa roach are FUCKING HORRIBLE...id rather listen to a dog take a wet shit into the mic for 2 hours than that faggot poser jacoby, or coby, or whatever hes calling himself these days with the rest of the jokes in his band...whats next, limp bizkit opening the second leg?  i dont get it, i really dont
schtingmon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:07 AM »

My biggest disappointment is having to cancel my tickets for the show in Jacksonville, Florida.  Never got a chance to see GNR in their heyday (hey I use to live in West Virginia --- nothing for miles).  I finally thought I was going to see them, then BOOM....date change.  Unfortunately the date was Halloween.  My 5 Year Old Daughter will always come before AXL.
flickn
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2006, 10:15:46 AM »

this year is turning into a bummer , dates being changed , seating charts being changed  to GA, mods deleting topics that are heart felt created by die hard GNR fans.Mind tricks from management about when this album is suppose to drop.

I love aXL AND HIS MUSIC , HE IS JUST TAKING ME FOR A REAL BAD MIND TRIP RIGHT ABOUT NOW
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2006, 10:19:53 AM »

GnR not playing in scotland until 2006 - spare a thought for those Scottish fans like me that were too young to get to wembley or milton Keynes in the 90's, but were desperate to see em. ?I even set off for milton keynes with my mums credit card - but didnt even get as far as my local train station - my parents knew full well the lengths I would go to...!

second one was in 2001 when I was in Australia for a year and was reading a hugely expensive copy of an imported NME and noticed in the tour dates section that GnR were finally due to play the UK. ?devastated. ?considered flying home but couldnt afford it by any stretch. ?luckily for me that was a tour that never was!
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »

My personal bummer was having tickets for 6 of the 2001 Europe shows - and then finding the shows were ALL cancelled. I got to see The Cure instead of GNR at Roskilde, and I couldn't return the tickets for that just because GNR flaked out of the shows.

(Though that is somewhat old news now, I doubt anyone would sell tickets for shows if the band hadn't signed contracts to play them).

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »

russtcb your first post/story was a classic.  I would have been the same exact way, totally staining my pants haha  beer

My personal GNR bummer was feeling kinda sick the night of the last hammerstein show, thinking I have already seen them twice, didn't really need to go again, selling my tix to a friend and then getting a txt message from a HTGTH bud saying "IZZY IS HERE" or something like that.  Felt like someone punched me in the balls.  I was really depressed for a day or two after.  But since hes joined axl on stage in other gigs it hasn't bothered me too much.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
flickn
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »

this year is turning into a bummer , dates being changed , seating charts being changed? to GA, mods deleting topics that are heart felt created by die hard GNR fans.Mind tricks from management about when this album is suppose to drop.

I love aXL AND HIS MUSIC , HE IS JUST TAKING ME FOR A REAL BAD MIND TRIP RIGHT ABOUT NOW

one more thing to add as a bummer , no word on this fan club thing mentioned on gunsnrose.com after clicking on the link buying tons of tickets...

I love Axl , but he is playing mind tricks on me
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »

mine was explaining to my friends at philly.axl just comes out late an him not even showing.i looked like a fool just saying wait wait  an the bamm chairs were flying.looks like he's not showing.let's get outa dodge lol.run for cover.another axl no show in philly !

the one an only horsey !
roadapples
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »

well being a relatively new fan, I would have to say, watching the bootleg from the st louis show.

What actually happened?  I always wondered?

The biggest bummer for me,  a chance to go backstage in 2002 and I blew it.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2006, 03:04:54 PM »

you had a chance?? what happened, whats the story?

What actually happened?  I always wondered?

The biggest bummer for me,  a chance to go backstage in 2002 and I blew it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: