Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R marketing ideas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R marketing ideas  (Read 21025 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« on: January 31, 2007, 01:04:54 AM »

When the time comes to put out a video should GnR do a world premiere on the 10 spot.? I think it would be a great idea cause it would market to new fans who range from 17-24.? Since MTV never really plays video's anymore ( except early in the mornings) i've seen some bands premiere their videos at say 11pm.? I know its along shot but you never know.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:19:25 AM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:07 AM »

can we have these discussions in a mont from now, or when we here from Ax next please

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Ok then I don't wanna hear well since we haven't heard from Axl the CD ain't coming out till April, May, July. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:49:53 AM »

Who is this Ax you speak of? No offense, but I think it's a lame idea. I don't think they should put themselves out their like that. It's one thing to reach new audiences, and it's entirely another to know your audience and reach the right audiences. Suggestions like this and them playing SNL just don't make sense for this band. No matter how popular they are or once were, a band like Guns N' Roses is still a band like Guns N' Roses, if you know what I mean. They're not U2, they don't have that broad appeal and they are by design a very obtuse band.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 02:38:37 AM »

GNR should make a video and release it on myspace and youtube.  Screw MTV or MTV2 or whatever.  At best youd get them to play the video during the credits of "Next" or "Parental Control" and it would just make the target fans who now tend to be more into underground/independent stuff not want to go out and buy an MTV hyped album.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:51:20 AM »

Who is this Ax you speak of? No offense, but I think it's a lame idea. I don't think they should put themselves out their like that. It's one thing to reach new audiences, and it's entirely another to know your audience and reach the right audiences. Suggestions like this and them playing SNL just don't make sense for this band. No matter how popular they are or once were, a band like Guns N' Roses is still a band like Guns N' Roses, if you know what I mean. They're not U2, they don't have that broad appeal and they are by design a very obtuse band.

Are you one of those people that thinks being mainstream is 'selling out'?

Seriously though, theres no reason why they can't be popular again.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »

I know this may seem like grasping at straws, but what do you guys/gals think ??

What is the Chinese New Year's Day in Year 2007?
February 18, 2007 is the first day of the Chinese new year.

http://www.chinapage.com/newyear.html

Seems like a good time for a single or some sort of promo to be tied in. Guess we'll have to wait and see.   ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »

Maybe drop a single then...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »

I think it would be cool if you were chinese and knew it was the new year, but really I think most gnr fans don't know or care about the chinese new year

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »

I think it would be cool if you were chinese and knew it was the new year, but really I think most gnr fans don't know or care about the chinese new year

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Here's to hoping anyways...    yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »

come on and stop with all these nonsense, do you really think this would happen no
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »

come on and stop with all these nonsense, do you really think this would happen no

Well, something's gotta happen .

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »

Well, something's gotta happen .

that is absolutely correct, but seriously chinese new year, something will happe but it don't help to make these nonsense threads
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »

I wouldn't expect it, but it does make sense and it would not surprise me...

Febuary 4th - Superbowl (commerical) or Febuary 6th - Axl's birthday he announces final release date
Febuary 18th/19th - Single drops
March 20th - Chinese Democracy drops

Makes sense... but don't hold your breath...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »

that would make sence but i still think some time soon after the Super Bowl Smiley

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »

that would be a great idea, but so many good ideas have come & gone I have no hope  Cry

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »

Are you one of those people that thinks being mainstream is 'selling out'?

Seriously though, theres no reason why they can't be popular again.

They could be popular to rock fans again, but they will never be a mainstream cross the board hit ever again.  Sorry, it would be creepy if they were.  Axl is almost 45 and the mainstream is filled with 8-14 year old girls who would never listen to GNR.  The band might rule the rock world again, but will never be mainstream popular.
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »

I thought the Harley Davidson ad with Better was a good promotional idea, but it never aired, I guess, so who knows, maybe the whole idea has been dumbed. Anyways, in my opinion, it would've been a bit silly to run the ad with Paradise City for couple of months, then change the song.

So my point is, should Gn'R make a new commercial deal for example with Coca Cola? It seems that they are doing that festival sponsored by them, so maybe that could wrap a deal about an ad or two.

Think about it, Better (or some other song) in an ad with probably one of the best known product globally, spread around the world, it would be huge exposure.

What do you think? Should The Guns stay away from commercials altogether? Or do you still wanna see that HD ad aired?

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »

YES I AGREE WITH YOU..THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! peace
elmir
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 09:08:04 AM »

uhm...it has both advantages and disadvantages.
i wouldn't want to see my favorite band associated with a brand like Coke....i mean, i'm thankful to them for bringing gnr to the fans, but i don't rate coke all that much....

but at the same time, a tv ad for coke gets aired in pretty much every country in the world...and then some...so the potential for increasing cd sales though that medium is huge....

depends on your point of view i suppose.

P.S.
I'd still like to see that HD ad...its a niche product, so it would appeal to only a select few, but i'd still like to see it.
if it was done, and the money was spent on production of it, it would be silly not to air it.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: