Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  your kids like gnr?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: your kids like gnr?  (Read 8171 times)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 15, 2008, 12:31:20 AM »

I have an 8 year old daughter who loves Better and Catcher in the Rye (and WTTJ).  But mainly if she's not listening to my music, she's listening to Hannah Montana or something of that ilk, so she's not really a fan of 'my music'.  Just wondering, do your kids like any of the new stuff they heard you listen to?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »

Well I'm 16 and my mom introduced me to Guns , I remember I bought my first CD player and I got to chose one CD to buy for free , mind you I was listening to Good Charlotte , All American Rejects etc , and she saw AFD and said get that , trust me. I picked it up , got in the car , and those first ringing notes of WTTJ set me free. I had found my guitar hero lol!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »

Trust your mom, you made a wise choice!  You'll go far!  ok
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:55:14 AM »

Trust your mom, you made a wise choice!  You'll go far!  ok

Oh for sure same woman that got me my first guitar , she's made some damn good choices lol  beer
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 01:06:25 AM »

When the guy asked her what Grateful Dead song she wanted to hear she kept naming GNR songs.  She's a little confused but she likes them.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:12:25 AM »

I've made my 2-year-old listen to Patience...she mildly takes it.  But I think there's hope.  she actually likes Bob Dylan, Jack Johnson, and Elliot Smith.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »

No kids but I was back home for Christmas and while I was lifting weights my mom asked me who sang "that song about storms" and I told her it was by Guns N' Roses. Then I played her The Blues and she loved that one too.

She's never liked GNR (or really known them), but now she plays that song atleast once a day. And lets not get back into the "oh it's not finished why make opinions" bullshit arguement.

So for a lady almost a decade older than Axl buying his CD when it comes out is pretty telling. She asks me if Axl has said when it's coming out yet everytime we talk on the phone. It's cute.

I've made my 2-year-old listen to Patience...she mildly takes it.  But I think there's hope.  she actually likes Bob Dylan, Jack Johnson, and Elliot Smith.

I'll see your daughter in 16 years. (Kidding.....probably 14...haha)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »

No kids but I was back home for Christmas and while I was lifting weights my mom asked me who sang "that song about storms" and I told her it was by Guns N' Roses. Then I played her The Blues and she loved that one too.

She's never liked GNR (or really known them), but now she plays that song atleast once a day. And lets not get back into the "oh it's not finished why make opinions" bullshit arguement.

So for a lady almost a decade older than Axl buying his CD when it comes out is pretty telling. She asks me if Axl has said when it's coming out yet everytime we talk on the phone. It's cute.

I'll see your daughter in 16 years. (Kidding.....probably 14...haha)

Ill see your ass in Jail in 15 haha

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 05:05:13 AM »

I have a 3-year-old, and he goes around singing "Better" all the time. (Started singing it when he was just turning 2, to his fathers delight, and his mothers despair)
Just the intro though....

A few weeks ago he wanted to hear "Better" in the car, and I only had a axl micpad mix, donington version there.
All of a sudden he said: "Wow, he had a really harsh/strict voice there", when he started singing "the hardest part etc etc
("Oi, han hadde en streng stemme", for you norwegians out there....)

Kinda made me laugh....

-Eirik

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:37 AM »

No, My kid cries when he hears old GNR and the new one doesn't seem to appeal to him.

But put on samba and he shakes his little bottom.. hihi

Nothing to say
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »

check this video out....my 2 and a half year old loved paradise city!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6Se9kg5LI

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »

My mom's almost 60 and she won't be buying anything from them, but she's always liked Paradise City.  She says it reminds her of The Stones.  I know tons of people have said that, I never understood it.  Cool though!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »

Everyone that knows me likes GN'R....they hear about them all the time, therefore they become fans.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

check this video out....my 2 and a half year old loved paradise city!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6Se9kg5LI

yes yes, nice child! congratulations!

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »

Everyone that knows me likes GN'R....they hear about them all the time, therefore they become fans.

I've noticed the opposite with a lot of people I know . . .  They liked GN'R until my obsession turned them off on them! 
ShortShit
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »

I took my then 6 year old to the Cleveland show in 2006. She begged me to and sang every song all the way down to the (not present)"OK nevermind. She can't wait to go again."
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

I took my then 6 year old to the Cleveland show in 2006. She begged me to and sang every song all the way down to the (not present)"OK nevermind. She can't wait to go again."

That's awesome!  I wish I had confidence my daughter would be able to stay awake that late!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

My kid is 6 years old and all my friends get a kick out of the fact that he can sing: "Well I'm a west coast struttin', one bad motha', got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm . . . . ."
I've thought about putting it on youtube, but figured some kind deparmtment of family children's services would lock us all up/. ok peace

KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

My five year old cant get enough of GN'R. Especially after getting Guitar Hero III. One day he is Slash, and the next day he is Duff, pretty funny.

As soon as he gets in the car he is like daddy put in 'Welcome To The Jungle'. I love it too. lol
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

I taught my daughter to sing Mr. Brownstone when she was 8, except the part "he's a real motherfucker" which I conveniently left out. She still remembers the chorus today, several years later.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: