Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  your kids like gnr?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: your kids like gnr?  (Read 8172 times)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 15, 2008, 12:31:20 AM »

I have an 8 year old daughter who loves Better and Catcher in the Rye (and WTTJ).  But mainly if she's not listening to my music, she's listening to Hannah Montana or something of that ilk, so she's not really a fan of 'my music'.  Just wondering, do your kids like any of the new stuff they heard you listen to?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »

Well I'm 16 and my mom introduced me to Guns , I remember I bought my first CD player and I got to chose one CD to buy for free , mind you I was listening to Good Charlotte , All American Rejects etc , and she saw AFD and said get that , trust me. I picked it up , got in the car , and those first ringing notes of WTTJ set me free. I had found my guitar hero lol!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »

Trust your mom, you made a wise choice!  You'll go far!  ok
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:55:14 AM »

Trust your mom, you made a wise choice!  You'll go far!  ok

Oh for sure same woman that got me my first guitar , she's made some damn good choices lol  beer
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 01:06:25 AM »

When the guy asked her what Grateful Dead song she wanted to hear she kept naming GNR songs.  She's a little confused but she likes them.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:12:25 AM »

I've made my 2-year-old listen to Patience...she mildly takes it.  But I think there's hope.  she actually likes Bob Dylan, Jack Johnson, and Elliot Smith.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »

No kids but I was back home for Christmas and while I was lifting weights my mom asked me who sang "that song about storms" and I told her it was by Guns N' Roses. Then I played her The Blues and she loved that one too.

She's never liked GNR (or really known them), but now she plays that song atleast once a day. And lets not get back into the "oh it's not finished why make opinions" bullshit arguement.

So for a lady almost a decade older than Axl buying his CD when it comes out is pretty telling. She asks me if Axl has said when it's coming out yet everytime we talk on the phone. It's cute.

I've made my 2-year-old listen to Patience...she mildly takes it.  But I think there's hope.  she actually likes Bob Dylan, Jack Johnson, and Elliot Smith.

I'll see your daughter in 16 years. (Kidding.....probably 14...haha)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »

No kids but I was back home for Christmas and while I was lifting weights my mom asked me who sang "that song about storms" and I told her it was by Guns N' Roses. Then I played her The Blues and she loved that one too.

She's never liked GNR (or really known them), but now she plays that song atleast once a day. And lets not get back into the "oh it's not finished why make opinions" bullshit arguement.

So for a lady almost a decade older than Axl buying his CD when it comes out is pretty telling. She asks me if Axl has said when it's coming out yet everytime we talk on the phone. It's cute.

I'll see your daughter in 16 years. (Kidding.....probably 14...haha)

Ill see your ass in Jail in 15 haha

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 05:05:13 AM »

I have a 3-year-old, and he goes around singing "Better" all the time. (Started singing it when he was just turning 2, to his fathers delight, and his mothers despair)
Just the intro though....

A few weeks ago he wanted to hear "Better" in the car, and I only had a axl micpad mix, donington version there.
All of a sudden he said: "Wow, he had a really harsh/strict voice there", when he started singing "the hardest part etc etc
("Oi, han hadde en streng stemme", for you norwegians out there....)

Kinda made me laugh....

-Eirik

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:37 AM »

No, My kid cries when he hears old GNR and the new one doesn't seem to appeal to him.

But put on samba and he shakes his little bottom.. hihi

Nothing to say
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »

check this video out....my 2 and a half year old loved paradise city!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6Se9kg5LI

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »

My mom's almost 60 and she won't be buying anything from them, but she's always liked Paradise City.  She says it reminds her of The Stones.  I know tons of people have said that, I never understood it.  Cool though!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »

Everyone that knows me likes GN'R....they hear about them all the time, therefore they become fans.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

yes yes, nice child! congratulations!

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »

Everyone that knows me likes GN'R....they hear about them all the time, therefore they become fans.

I've noticed the opposite with a lot of people I know . . .  They liked GN'R until my obsession turned them off on them! 
ShortShit
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »

I took my then 6 year old to the Cleveland show in 2006. She begged me to and sang every song all the way down to the (not present)"OK nevermind. She can't wait to go again."
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

I took my then 6 year old to the Cleveland show in 2006. She begged me to and sang every song all the way down to the (not present)"OK nevermind. She can't wait to go again."

That's awesome!  I wish I had confidence my daughter would be able to stay awake that late!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

My kid is 6 years old and all my friends get a kick out of the fact that he can sing: "Well I'm a west coast struttin', one bad motha', got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm . . . . ."
I've thought about putting it on youtube, but figured some kind deparmtment of family children's services would lock us all up/. ok peace

KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

My five year old cant get enough of GN'R. Especially after getting Guitar Hero III. One day he is Slash, and the next day he is Duff, pretty funny.

As soon as he gets in the car he is like daddy put in 'Welcome To The Jungle'. I love it too. lol
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

I taught my daughter to sing Mr. Brownstone when she was 8, except the part "he's a real motherfucker" which I conveniently left out. She still remembers the chorus today, several years later.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »

I don't have kids, but I started to be a fan of GNR at the age of 7 years,thanks to the Ritz 88' gig, on the tv.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

Well I'm 16 and my mom introduced me to Guns , I remember I bought my first CD player and I got to chose one CD to buy for free , mind you I was listening to Good Charlotte , All American Rejects etc , and she saw AFD and said get that , trust me. I picked it up , got in the car , and those first ringing notes of WTTJ set me free. I had found my guitar hero lol!

Thata boy

i'm 17 and my mom listens to everything (basically what we'd call a poser) any who.... i remember from when i was 3 till i was 7 we listened to country then when i was 8 to 12 we listened to what ever mainstreme "flavor-of-the-month" was on radio then when i was 12 i started hanging out with my uncle alot and we listened to a rock station and i loved the music automatically. 80s metal was my new home. i didn't know the bands or the songs at the time but now you can ask me anything pertining to that era of music and 9/10 of the time i'll be able to tell ya what you want to know Cool

beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »

I'm still a bit young to have kids, but my (12 years old at the first concert, 13 at the second one) brother tagged along with me to the two shows we saw on the 2006 tour.  It was hilarious to see people's reactions and ask "Just how old ARE you?"

Edit:  I myself got into them when I was just sixteen, and I WILL buy my future children the onesies that say "I listen to Guns N' Roses with my mommy."  Grin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:56:59 PM by Kaleigh » Logged

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 03:49:02 AM »

Dude that is completely awesome!  Looks like you got an even younger fan in the works too!!!   ok   beer
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »

My 9 year old boy's favorite song is Better. Period. He likes Ac/Dc, Zeppelin, Gnr , Metallica, etc.   all stuff found on my
mp3. He keeps asking me what album Better is on, and I always crack a smile before responding.......
sisterofyu
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

my oldest daughter likes the old & new gnr, but my youngest daughter only likes the old gnr songs
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 08:28:45 PM »

My older son(16) still loves GnR even though he considers it 'old rock'..he has Maddy and the Blues on his Ipod though so he is showing respect Wink my younger son(13) loves everything..which can be good or not good depending on the radio station Roll Eyes but he loves GnR and Blind Melon, more specifically Shannon Hoon...we just recently have the drug talk and how he died etc..

Back when my oldest son started walking he used to love to dance to music...we have him on video dancing to WTTJ...now this part is seriously a joke but I use to tease my husband the Michael's real father was Axl Rose and I used to say.."hear daddy singing? go dance.." rofl yeah, I was pretty cheesy back in the day Roll Eyes

eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »

I'm hopeless about my future kids, but my future grand children have a chance of liking GNR.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »

My girls are 16 and 17 and I am sure I have mentioned before on other threads, they have been raised on gunsnroses and have both experienced the new band in concert 3 times, their first time was in Lisbon at Rio in o6, lucky little shits aren't they?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »

I aint a fan of kids so don't plan on them any time soon ...

so no Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 09:49:30 PM »

so no Smiley

So, you weren't a fan of yourself growing up?

my two year old likes listen to them.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:51:10 PM by Timothy08 » Logged

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »

Last night my daughter was YouTubing (she's 8, and she YouTubes far better then I do hihi )
  She saw SCOM and I told her that it was the first GNR song that I fell in love with.  Now she loves it Grin  She also informed me that I'm going to learn the intro on the guitar  Lips Sealed  I know a grand total of 1 song (Stairway to Heaven, intro)   rofl  I told her I'm NOT learning the solo!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:53:03 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 01:01:57 AM »

so no Smiley

So, you weren't a fan of yourself growing up?

my two year old likes listen to them.

When you're a kid, it doesn't matter if you're a fan of yourself or not ... you're viewing the world from a different perspective.

As an adult, kids annoy the fuck out of me.... they're a huge waste of money and time Smiley

Listening to Guns N' Roses on the other hand, is a great use of my time Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 02:55:45 AM »

My daughter had no choice in the matter and is now a full fledged GnR junkie just like her old man.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 03:00:25 AM »

My daughter had no choice in the matter and is now a full fledged GnR junkie just like her old man.

Thats it..you have to brainwash them early...i did the same...my 4 year old step-son asks me anytime he hears music if it is Guns N Roses, because it is the only band name he knows...it could be Britney Spears and he still asks me if it is GNR... hihi
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »

Hopefully you don't brainwash her with your politics too no
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »

Hopefully you don't brainwash her with your politics too no

I know, peace, honesty, and integrity is so preposterous.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 05:13:27 PM »

Wow.  Just...wow, my friend!
The thought of you with children?!?!?
Kidding...love ya, Punk!!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »

All of my kids listened to rock. The oldest two still appreciate good music, but the youngest is in to the pop crap. However, she is only 15 ... I still have hope! The middle boy is fighting in the desert, and kickin' ass to GnR(He would make any momma proud); the oldest, well ... she is a bitch, but the girl sure can rock!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 06:09:24 AM »

you had the worst taste ever, thank your mom  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 06:51:03 AM »

thank your mom  hihi

Feel the burn, cover your eyes.

I would like to thank his mom; she did something right, and I would bet that she is hot!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: