Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your hopes/wishes/ideas for upcoming music videos
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your hopes/wishes/ideas for upcoming music videos  (Read 3110 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: March 19, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »

I thought I'd start this thread just for fun. People always interprets art differently, and the same goes for music I guess. Music is art.

Rage is apparently filming a GN'R tour documentary, but he also mentioned the band wanted to release some music videos this year. Therefore, I created the thread to see what different visions people had in mind hearing particular songs.

Street Of Dreams

If they wanted to do a UYI-style music video, I think this song would be the best fit. The video could contain a broken love story, and for the main part star Axl and a woman. I always pictured Axl walking away from the camera down a street during the "And though as long as this road seems
I know it's called the street of dreams"
-line, sort of like in Estranged. Given the lyrics, it could have Axl having many flashbacks to happier times in their relationship, but also progressing into the eventual break-up. Some live shots of the band would also be included.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

I rather have a Yesterday's style video with Better kicking ass! Cheesy

But still thought about some kind of quick war scenes - as if taken from The Hurt Locker - and the band playing for Riad. Ron's solo would be full of missiles and explosions. But I would make an extra effort to not resamble WTTJ from Live Era that much...

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »

what about some Better vid? Lars Ulrich might do a brief guest appearance (that's just my idea that just came through my mind)

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »

I had a great idea for ITW when the record came out, it would win every single video award there was, have pretty much forgotten about it now though hihi

Imagine "If The World" playing in the ending of Grindhouse: Planet Terror. (When they've all gone to Mexico)

Sweetness is a virtue
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »

I imagine the video for Chinese Democracy as a dark street, a riot and a lot explosions/firework. And then the police arresting Guns N' Roses at the end  hihi

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:53:44 PM »

I've always imagined the Chinese Democracy music video to be similar to Bessamk's, you can watch them at gnrtv.com. He really has a gift for making music videos, he also does amazing This I Love, Madagascar and TWAT videos as well.

If GN'R plan to release a few music videos, I will be happy if they resemble Bessamk's, as they are pretty unique.  Cool

Here's the Chinese Democracy music video by Bessamk for those of you who haven't seen it yet. http://www.gnrtv.com/video/chinese-democracy-gunsnrosesus?xg_source=activity

Lee
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:59:31 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:33:13 AM »

I don't know why but I think 'Prostitute' would make a great video

Here today...ready to rock
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »

I've always imagined the Chinese Democracy music video to be similar to Bessamk's, you can watch them at gnrtv.com. He really has a gift for making music videos, he also does amazing This I Love, Madagascar and TWAT videos as well.

If GN'R plan to release a few music videos, I will be happy if they resemble Bessamk's, as they are pretty unique.  Cool

Here's the Chinese Democracy music video by Bessamk for those of you who haven't seen it yet. http://www.gnrtv.com/video/chinese-democracy-gunsnrosesus?xg_source=activity

Lee
No offense, but effects and proshots doesnt make a good editing.

Its really a matter of chosing the right peace and scenes also. Thats why I hope for a rather simple video, but making the band - and the music - really shines. The SCOM abd Yesterdays videos are the perfect examples.

ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »

I have always had a vision since I heard Axl liked to read the Philip K. Dick novel: A Scanner Darkly, that they pick Better, Shackler's, or even Scraped for a video to use whats called 'interpolated rotoscoping'. Thats what was used when they turned A Scanner Darkly into a movie. Though I am not against using a live action type video like the earlier videos, I think they should use something that isnt being used much.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »

I cant imagine one of the new songs being sang on the video, with the band themselves like in a "yesterdays" music video.

I imagine Better being a video where the band appears occasionaly, but not the band playing the song. I imagine a more produced video with some scenes without the band or maybe even some art scenes like in the video that appears on the show when they're playing the song live.

Same for Chinese Democracy and This I Love.

As for Street of Dreams, that one! I would see a video kinda like November Rain.

I think that videos with a band playing are more related to a cd like Appetite for Destruction whereyou have songs that are straight up raw playing.

The songs on Chinese Democracy would have to be with videos a little more worked than just a band playing in it.

Anyways thats the way i see it.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »

Lee
No offense, but effects and proshots doesnt make a good editing.

Its really a matter of chosing the right peace and scenes also. Thats why I hope for a rather simple video, but making the band - and the music - really shines. The SCOM abd Yesterdays videos are the perfect examples.

I agree with you, I was only pointing out how I imagined the concept to be. I myself would absolutely love a SCOM type of video where the band are right in your face rocking out. But for some reason I can't see the band putting out that type of video, although I would be on cloud 9 if they did. After watching that 30 sec clip of the supposed Better video I have a feeling that they are going to be going with the live footage route, much like Sebastian Bach did with Love Is A Bitchslap.

But Voodoochild, I could not agree more with you, it just seems to me to be too good to be true to have a SCOM type of video.

But lets hope.  Cheesy

Lee

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:28:40 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »

whats the 30 second rumored clip from the supposed better video?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »

whats the 30 second rumored clip from the supposed better video?

I think he's refering to the clip on myspace.

It's safe to say it isn't a clip from the Better video. It's only a clip from the 2006 tour with Better playing in the background.

Sweetness is a virtue
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »

I cant imagine one of the new songs being sang on the video, with the band themselves like in a "yesterdays" music video.

I imagine Better being a video where the band appears occasionaly, but not the band playing the song. I imagine a more produced video with some scenes without the band or maybe even some art scenes like in the video that appears on the show when they're playing the song live.

Same for Chinese Democracy and This I Love.

As for Street of Dreams, that one! I would see a video kinda like November Rain.

I think that videos with a band playing are more related to a cd like Appetite for Destruction whereyou have songs that are straight up raw playing.

The songs on Chinese Democracy would have to be with videos a little more worked than just a band playing in it.

Anyways thats the way i see it.

This is a very good point, and much like how I imagine the CD videos to be.

Lee

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: