Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your 2012 GN'R highlights
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your 2012 GN'R highlights  (Read 10599 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Axl and Neil Young on stage together, priceless.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 01:10:47 PM »

Milano!! The only show I attended last year. My expectations was that the show would be shorter than usual, because it was a festival, and I worried about curfew....Boy was I wrong! It was probably one of the longest sets they played in 2012, and full gas all the way. Cool with Baz joining on My Michelle. Cool to see them perform Civil War and Estranged for the first time. All in all a heavenly experience  smoking

Youtube-highlights in 2012 was Izzy joining and seeing TWAT and Catcher back on the setlist.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »

Many Gn'R highlights for 2012 ...  Grin  So many gigs, and special appearances for the band members (Bridge school, jimmy kimmel for example)

for me personally:

- VEGAS - my first time there in that crazy place and the combination of two incredible shows in a great venue, plus the hotel be-decked in GnR stuff, plus being with my hard rocking partners in crime sexkitten and derby greg, catching up with friends plus meeting other board members = a total fucking blast!  beer  The whole residency was just a great event in itself, I wanted to stay the whole month!
 - Palma -  I loved the outdoor venue - a beautifully warm summer evening, with Axl sounding poss the best from all the gigs I went to this year, plus Izzy popping in, great company, great gig
 - The fun i had planning and going to all the gigs with great friends from here and soaking up so much GnR live.  Hearing Estranged and Civil War  beer Special mention for Street of Dreams - that song got more powerful every time I heard it this year
 - Izzy joining on 14 Years in London, I learnt to play this on the piano when UYI2 came out, that was such a treat to hear that live  Smiley  And also the London show being filmed, whenever that comes out, that will be great to see and re-live.
 - getting a setlist from the Manchester show - I used to collect setlists from gigs as a young teen and to finally have a GnR one... the little geek in me was rather delighted  Grin
 - on the whole - the sound for all the gigs I went to was really good, I know there are many contributing factors in sound at a venue (venue itself, set-up, shape, indoor/outdoor etc) - but it was a really good mix out front generally.  ok

its been a busy year for GnR - let the good times keep rolling  ok  Massive thanks GnR, management, crew -  you all work and rock so fkn hard and I hope you have as many 2012 highlights as we do!!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:18:05 PM by babydolls » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

Wow, that's quite a few people who met Axl, band members, Jarmo etc. in this thread.

One highlight for me in 2012 would have to be hearing Catcher in the Rye played live.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »

I've seen them just once last year but it was a unforgettable night. I was a lot closer to the band than in 2010 (my first ever show) and also got to hear Estranged for the first time live.

But I was a bit disappointed by not staying after the show. I had to leave just after the show ended because my cousin needed to go to work tomorrow and that was my ride home. Axl came out to greet the fans at around 6 am, so I was really bummed that I missed it.

Hopefully I get to meet him next time I guess.  Smiley

Hope 2013 is at least as good as 2012 was.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »

It's that time of the year when everybody looks back at the past 12 months and makes all kinds of "Best Of" lists.

Here's your chance, what's your GN'R highlights of 2012?

/jarmo

My general highlights are the fact that I got to see GN'R 3 times, in 3 different cities in one year! Saw the UCaP Tour twice, once in Chicago where I was front row for the first time ever, then again two nights later in Detroit. Then I got to see the Appetite For Democracy show at HoB in Vegas (my favorite city on the planet!).

I have to say, I've seen a TON of Guns N' Roses concerts dating all the way back to 1991 and that UCaP show in Detroit earlier this year was *hands down* the best show I've ever seen them play. Ever. It was simply astounding. What I wouldn't give for a soundboard or even a good audience recording of it!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wadey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »

My main highlight is when i met Axl after the manchester gig , i still get goosebumps  beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

The UCAP in New York was unforgettable from waiting for over 4 hours in freezing weather to get close to the front to the insane show it was truly one of the greatest nights ever!

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

Jarmo - what's your highlight?

Mine was spending New Years Eve last year with everyone, that was fun.

Second best was the Hiro show in NYC in February. Great intimate show and met tons of people!

Third was meeting Izzy in Vegas in November.

Overall - seeing GNR so much in one calendar year was amazing. That's the biggest fact to me, being lucky enough to see them so much.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

My main highlight is when i met Axl after the manchester gig , i still get goosebumps  beer

That must of been amazing to meet the man himself...  Grin If only I stuck around after the show with you guys, before heading back to Manchester Airport.  Embarrassed  Grin

I love reading all these highlights, 2012 was an amazing year to be a fan of GN'R... it keeps getting better and "Better".

Welcome To The Jungle in Nottingham was insane, being that close to Axl and the band was life changing.  love
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »

After years of being gun shy, getting reacquainted with Guns N Roses. I hope good things for the future. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:04:40 PM by MsRocknrolla » Logged
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »

Highlight was the UCAP show I saw and the Vegas Residency.  I think Axl's voice in February of 2012 was very strong.

Lowlight for me was the Hard Rock security guard that was a complete jerk blocking me off from asking Axl for a pic after waiting 2 hours for Axl.  To see him right there and almost having my dream of a pic with Axl only to be ruined by a big ugly obnoxious security guard was very disappointing.  I hope that security guard gets herpes.

Michelle87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

Axl bringing my banner on stage in vegas and telling off the security, and bbf bringing my pink panther with him on stage!!:)Smiley
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

HGHLGHTS MOMENT IS

ROBIN COME BACK !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 07:55:48 PM »

"getting to meet Jarmo in person!"

This was undoubtedly my highlight as well. What charisma, what personality....overwhelmed. We cried...(it was beautiful)......

Oh, that and the EIGHT unbelievable shows I saw. Vegas blew me away. Sexkitten, Babydolls Joe, everyone I met, hung out with. I heard some great stories,got hit on too many times, had some BIG nights. Most of all the music. It was incredible the band blew me away every time I saw them and made me realise how lucky I was to have seen them so many times over the years.

Oh and meeting Jarmo, what a legend....dude, OH MY GOD. Can I have an autograph ??!!!!

GREG
ps J do you owe me any poker money??!

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »

ps J do you owe me any poker money??!

Video poker? I don't remember....

My highlights, besides all the shows in Europe, Israel, Las Vegas and India...

Seeing new places, seeing old favorites, hanging out with old a new friends.

Some random ones related to the above:
Arriving in London on a bus as the sun is rising, awesome cappuccino in Milan, Guinness in Dublin, Hummus in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, private jet to St Tropez + private gig with Izzy, watching Kimi win his first race of 2012 in my room after a show in Las Vegas, taking a bus to the HR Giger musuem, seeing Auschwitz, going to see the Afghan Whigs in London on a day off, The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil, watching Axl & Bumble on Jimmy Kimmel, discounted illy coffee at the HRH in Vegas and all the walks in all the nice cities.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:01:35 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »

I could attend 3 shows in Vegas,and a show in Zepp Tokyo!! it was amazing!! peace

finally i could see 21 shows of this band since AFD tour in 1988 rofl

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »

My 2012 highlights:

13 times gnr Smiley

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »

I don't have any.
Annie
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »

I don't have any.
What about all the GNR inspired Bitty Ted of Gisborne videos? hihi love beer smoking
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: