Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:53:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your 2012 GN'R highlights
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your 2012 GN'R highlights  (Read 10597 times)
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »

UCAP in MD  and 3 shows at Vegas Residency were concert highlights. 

The other big highlight for me were the two letters Axl wrote regarding the Hall of Fame induction.  Even though I had a ticket and wanted to see Axl there (didn't go after 1st letter) I thought those letters were classics and hilarious!  I think blowing off the HoF was much cooler than actually going along for the ride.

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »

Being able to attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. My loving wife got us tickets for which was like my perfect concert. Faces, GNR, Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »

Seeing the band twice in Vegas, 11.21 and 11.23! Best Thanksgiving ever!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 12:04:17 AM »

Oh, I forgot to add, getting to see Izzy on 11.23, my first time seeing Izzy play live.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
wadey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »

Being able to attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. My loving wife got us tickets for which was like my perfect concert. Faces, GNR, Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers.

i don't want to start a riot or disrespect your post but the HOF wasn't GNR

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »

Not to mention that Rod Stewart and Adam Yauch weren't there either ...  Huh

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »

But isn't the subject started by Jarmo 'your 2012 GN'R Highlights'? It was 2012 and Guns N' Roses were inducted. Did I misread something?

Yeah, I know. I was there-truly to see the Faces out of anyone. Isn't it amazing when the lead singer doesn't attend and it has such an effect on people? And as for Yauch, given that mention of his death from cancer was soon after, I would think that his quality of life was so beyond the beyond in pain. I question your remark of why Yauch didn't attend? Is it to generally justify why certain band members show while others don't?

wadey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »

But isn't the subject started by Jarmo 'your 2012 GN'R Highlights'? It was 2012 and Guns N' Roses were inducted. Did I misread something?

Yes your right... Guns N' Roses did get inducted in 2012 but they never attended the ceremony !!!
the ex members that performed at the ceremony have no part in Guns N' Roses 2012 so guess you answered your own question.

i dont want to take anything away from you for attending the ceremony, im just pointing out that it wasnt Gn'R that performed at the event  beer
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:45:16 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »

I added the ceremony to my highlights. It was a celebration of the music and pretty moving as a life long fan of the band. Stop making a fuss!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:30 PM »

I added the ceremony to my highlights. It was a celebration of the music and pretty moving as a life long fan of the band. Stop making a fuss!

Just pointing out that snead hearn did not see GN'R perform at the HOF induction ceremony.

imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Yeah, I know. I was there-truly to see the Faces out of anyone. Isn't it amazing when the lead singer doesn't attend and it has such an effect on people? And as for Yauch, given that mention of his death from cancer was soon after, I would think that his quality of life was so beyond the beyond in pain. I question your remark of why Yauch didn't attend? Is it to generally justify why certain band members show while others don't?

No - I just thought it was odd that your dream concert was missing so many important members of the various bands - had nothing to do with why they didn't show, that's all.

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »

Yes your right... Guns N' Roses did get inducted in 2012 but they never attended the ceremony !!!
the ex members that performed at the ceremony have no part in Guns N' Roses 2012 so guess you answered your own question.

i dont want to take anything away from you for attending the ceremony, im just pointing out that it wasnt Gn'R that performed at the event  beer

Thanks for pointing that out. But I don't think I answered my own question. I was just stating a response to what I thought the subject was about.

And, fyi, the Beastie Boys didn't perform either.

Just pointing out that snead hearn did not see GN'R perform at the HOF induction ceremony.

There were more people in the audience than me, I assure you. Watch the broadcast if you're in doubt.

No - I just thought it was odd that your dream concert was missing so many important members of the various bands - had nothing to do with why they didn't show, that's all.

You called out people by name that didn't show up. And now your putting forth your thought of it being 'odd'. If someone who is of sound mind and able body did not show up, that's a different story. But don't be completely presumptuous and call someone out for now showing up when they were debilitated by something well beyond their control. Hillel Slovak from the Chili Peppers and Ronnie Lane from the Faces didn't show up either. And by your rationale......that has nothing to do with it, right?

imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »

Snead - you clearly don't have a clue what I'm saying and I don't know how to speak your language ...

wadey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »

The title of the thread is 'you're 2012 GN'R highlights'

Not one single member of the current Guns N Roses attended or performed at the ceremony.
Yes Guns N Roses got inducted and I'm not trying to take anything away from that, but you can't say the ex members that performed at the ceremony are Guns N Roses

you could always change the title of the thread to
'You're velvet revolver highlights' or 'you're slash and friends highlights'
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:21:18 AM by wadey » Logged

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »

Not one single member of the current Guns N Roses attended or performed at the ceremony.
Yes Guns N Roses got inducted and I'm not trying to take anything away from that, but you can't say the ex members that performed at the ceremony are Guns N Roses

Technically Axl and Dizzy were still inducted so your argument is a stretch. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

Couldn't agree more, agree with Wadey on this one. Guns N' Roses in 2012, had nothing to do with the HOF, so counting that as a GN'R 2012 highlight is in my view rediculous... but that's just me.  yes

Also have to mention that another highlight for me, was every performance of Chinese Democracy and the intro build up. I loved it when the lights dimmed, and Massive Attacks 'Splitting The Atom' started to play. Then the Chinese face appears on the side screens, and the build up begins... to the band exploding on the stage in glorious fashion.

GN'R easily have the best intro of any band ever, I'm even going to get that Chinese face tattooed on my arm, to remind me of the amazing shows of 2012.  Grin
wadey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »

yes AXL, DIZZY and IZZY were inducted ..... BUT THEY DIDNT PERFORM AT THE CEREMONY

is it me or is this fucking hard work !!!!!!!!!!

One.In.A.Million - GnR has the best intro by far mate, the atmosphere during the intro is electric and it always makes the hairs on my neck stand up
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:45:03 PM by wadey » Logged

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »

yes AXL, DIZZY and IZZY were inducted ..... BUT THEY DIDNT PERFORM AT THE CEREMONY

is it me or is this fucking hard work !!!!!!!!!!

One.In.A.Million - GnR has the best intro by far mate, the atmosphere during the intro is electric and it always makes the hairs on my neck stand up

Could have sworn AXL specifically asked not to be inducted in his first letter, or have anybody accept it on his behalf
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: