Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your favourite opening songs for upcoming shows
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favourite opening songs for upcoming shows  (Read 16067 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »

Nightrain or Jungle, two insane songs !!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »

Nice Boys...what are the odds?

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »

For the people saying Jungle... Do you think Slash will play the intro like he always plays it, or do you think he will go along with the way they have been doing it since 2001 with the sort of teasing fractured start? Personally I hope they push the song further back in the set... what do people think on arraignment?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »

I would hope he does it his way and I would hope it opens the show.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »

For the people saying Jungle... Do you think Slash will play the intro like he always plays it, or do you think he will go along with the way they have been doing it since 2001 with the sort of teasing fractured start? Personally I hope they push the song further back in the set... what do people think on arraignment?

I like it later in the show, personally.

And I highly doubt Slash will do the Hulk Hogan earcup.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »

rofl

Slash will be our good old Slash  Grin
overmatik
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 04:09:03 AM »

rofl

Slash will be our good old Slash  Grin
Those days are behind us, just a bad dream really. Our beloved GNR is back!  beer

I'm also hoping the band will play some serious deep cuts from the Illusions or a song like Move to the City, for example. I also hope is like back in the day when the setlists would change and you could always expect something special instead of the same songs night after night after night...  no
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

WTTJ would be my guess and my hope for the opener. Nothing speaks more Slash + Axl than that song, for me anyway.

x
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »

normally I wouldn't go with WTTJ because I#D play a more uptempo song but I think due to anticipation/excitement I wpuld go with WTTJ. It's a too epic of a scenario when the lights are down and you hear the first notes from the man himself who is back in the band. people hardly can't go more apeshit from there on.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »

Guns are pretty much blessed with having the perfect opening and closing numbers for their show in Jungle and Paradise City - I'd just stick with them.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »

Guns are pretty much blessed with having the perfect opening and closing numbers for their show in Jungle and Paradise City - I'd just stick with them.

The thing is when the two classic members that are joining (at least) for these shows was last in the band, Jungle wasn't an opener. It was typically much deeper in the set. Slash for example would 'pay' to start shows with Nightrain or Brownstone... I have to wonder how much input they are going to have on set lists. I also wonder if the show is going to be 'scripted' like is required for such an in depth pyro show, which means I am really wondering is that stuff going to be cut back a bit allowing them to play what they feel like playing when the feel like playing it.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »

This won't happen but what do you guys think about doing "Coma" in just the intro... and they extend the intro out... and when he sings "You caught me in a coooommmmaaaaa"

it goes dark... the the jungle riff starts?

That would be cool right? Surprise peopel I think. Coma was played just 1 time live in Chicago? Or was it 2 times? I don't remember. I know it wasn't played but a handful of times.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:30 PM »

This won't happen but what do you guys think about doing "Coma" in just the intro... and they extend the intro out... and when he sings "You caught me in a coooommmmaaaaa"

it goes dark... the the jungle riff starts?

That would be cool right? Surprise peopel I think. Coma was played just 1 time live in Chicago? Or was it 2 times? I don't remember. I know it wasn't played but a handful of times.

I think 3 times

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:02 PM »

I think for Coachella the opening song will be Jungle.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2016, 08:38:54 PM »

I think opening is:

- WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE -

By ? Welcome Back Slash

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
nightrain007
Opening Act

This is my Jungle!!

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle should open every gig in my opinion.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

For this particular show, at that particular time?

It's gotta be Jungle.

When they go on tour (aren't I optimistic?), they can play with that, maybe, a little bit.  But not for this one.  For this one, you gotta open with Jungle.  You gotta close with PC.  And SCOM has to be somewhere right around the middle of the set (maybe with Izzy and Adler sitting in, as the close of their piece of the "set", if either of them are showing up).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2016, 09:33:48 PM »

For this particular show, at that particular time?

It's gotta be Jungle.

When they go on tour (aren't I optimistic?), they can play with that, maybe, a little bit.  But not for this one.  For this one, you gotta open with Jungle.  You gotta close with PC.  And SCOM has to be somewhere right around the middle of the set (maybe with Izzy and Adler sitting in, as the close of their piece of the "set", if either of them are showing up).

I absolutely agree - this makes perfect sense all the way around Pilferk.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »

I also liked how it was around the middle of the show in the old days but it makes perfect sense as an opener on a reunion tour. The crowd will go ape shit right off the bat hearing that. Using openers like Perfect Crime, RNDTH,ISE,etc. from yesteryear will not have the same impact as Jungle will. No other song in the set can do what Jungle does.

Hell....even my grandma would go nuts hearing that. So will the Coachella hipsters.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »

I know this would be slightly ripping off metallica but i think a kick ass opening would be ecstasy of gold and then you get "Do you know where the fuck you are Your in the Jungle Wake up time to Die"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: