Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Guns N' Roses "Best Case Scenario"!!! (dream a little with realism)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Guns N' Roses "Best Case Scenario"!!! (dream a little with realism)  (Read 11123 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:46 AM »

Best case scenario: they could release a single or an EP (ok, maybe 4 tracks for a special deal on some streaming service) BEFORE the tour.

Dream a little with realism: they could start playing a new song and during mid-July, release a single.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »

Isle of Wight Festival 2016 - nothing more  hihi
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »

I would love to have a single released before Vegas.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:51:53 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »

For me since I was in a hurry before would be these things for sure....

1. Touring goes well, and everyone gets along. They have a couple surprises and even do a new song live. The North American tour goes well and they give some interviews and let the public inside what went on and truly leave it in the dust.

2. They release a Best Of compilation. Features 2 discs and 24 songs or so. (The Chinese tracks would be tricky) The blend of Old Guns N' Roses members blends in with Fortus/Ferrer etc (assuming that is the actual current lineup), and they move forward.

The best of would have band thoughts on songs and lyrics inside on all the songs. It woul be a full on "definitive" list. Maybe they could call it Ultimate Gn'R 87-08 or whatever.

3. Release a 25th anniversary edition of the UYI albums. Either release a box set, that comes in a special box with cool artwork and rare or unreleased pics from the era. Both albums remastered, 1 full disc of demos etc... and nice book about the tour and behidn the scenes... the don't cry, estranged vids on a dvd with tour documentary footage of 2 hours... any extras. 50-60 dollar retail price on it or something. Or just release each album separately in a different format and don't go the box set route.

UYI I and II- Remastered album, demos from songs on UYI I, and the best live cuts from these songs. With a special booklet with band thoughts on the songs etc... It would be a 3 disc set. You'd get remastered album, demos/unreleased songs from the era and a live album of the live songs' best cuts from the band members themselves.

4. Any sort of DVD about the reunion or the process it took in coming back together. Any band rehearsing, any meetings etc.

5. Unreleased songs or a rarities album. Anything recorded from 1994-1996.

6. New album. Tour behind it.

7. An official authorized massive Gn'R book with ALL members input. Like 600 pages. With pics etc.

8. Axl Rose book.... with a autographed edition.

Those are some of the thigns I would just die to see. The futher down the list means the less likely it is to happen.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »

For me it would have to be a successful tour and a new record this year.  Whether it is stuff from "Chinese" sessions with Slash and Duff on it or new songs from scratch, doesn't matter, a new song is a new song to me.

Also I am hoping they are filming the Vegas shows for a blu ray release.
thedemonjudgeholden
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »

1. Axl comes out lean and mad with the banshee wail.
2. A new album with a mix of post UY songs Izzy wrote and the best unreleased CD cuts.
3. An authorized band biography with an introduction written by Axl.
4. One last good riot.
5. A final concert like Long Beach in which they play everything and then take a bow.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 12:10:02 PM »

Successful World Tour with a new single to promote. Maybe use the new single as part of a new Best of or movie soundtrack. Rolling Stone cover would be nice too. However, I'm happy with just a great tour.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »

Guns N' Roses All Stars Tour:

Bucky, Brain, Izzy, Slash, Tracii, etc, etc, etc

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »

Yeah I think doing a definitive/best of set with 1-2 new unheard songs would really push sales.

I'd buy it no matter what, but a new song or 2 might get casual fans interested more?

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 02:50:02 PM »

Yeah I think doing a definitive/best of set with 1-2 new unheard songs would really push sales.

I'd buy it no matter what, but a new song or 2 might get casual fans interested more?

Its also a bit more realistic.  Which is how your thread here started, but it seems only some people noticed that qualifier.  Some pretty out there projections here.

I don't really need yet another copy of WTTJ or YCBM, but would absolutely buy a new collection with a new song or two.  And that might be the best we are going to do, right now.  To suggest they are going to whip up a new album in 20 minutes is really living in something of a dream world, isn't it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »

I could see Axl giving Slash a handful of unheard tracks for what would have been the next album to see if Slash could do something with them.   And out of those dozen or so tracks, maybe 2-3 that Slash could make his mark on.

So yeah, 2-3 new tracks on a "best of" sounds like probably the most realistic scenario. I don't see Axl recording any new vocals soon though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:20:59 PM by sofine11 » Logged
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »

the best case scenario with realism, right? so... the tour will most probably go well, possibly even without late starts. based on past years, it's not realistic to expect anything else. this will most probably go just the safe nostalgia way until the end of the world. ehh, I mean, until another tour(s). recording anything is highly unlikely, we all know how it goes with GNR.

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 01:38:51 AM »

the best case scenario with realism, right? so... the tour will most probably go well, possibly even without late starts. based on past years, it's not realistic to expect anything else. this will most probably go just the safe nostalgia way until the end of the world. ehh, I mean, until another tour(s). recording anything is highly unlikely, we all know how it goes with GNR.

You sound a little downhearted, not realistic. Thats kind a good thing because u will get a big surprise.

axlvai
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 03:03:24 AM »

yup, a good surprise is always nice peace at this point I can only be surprised, so yea, it's kind of good thing Smiley

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »

Surprises Always Very Good

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 10:36:13 PM »

An April 8th riot followed by the return of the bucket.  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:04:30 PM by axlrosegnr » Logged

Axl is God.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:30 AM »

An April 8th riot followed by the return of the bucket.  Tongue

Ajajajajja, Axl/Rant:

Third Guitar Is:

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2016, 09:15:59 AM »

best case scenario has been the same for me for years now. a new album. dont care about the details. however they want to do it. just get that sob out there.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

Its also a bit more realistic.  Which is how your thread here started, but it seems only some people noticed that qualifier.  Some pretty out there projections here.

I don't really need yet another copy of WTTJ or YCBM, but would absolutely buy a new collection with a new song or two.  And that might be the best we are going to do, right now.  To suggest they are going to whip up a new album in 20 minutes is really living in something of a dream world, isn't it?

Especially because we're talking about Axl and he's kind of a meticulous guy, let's put it that way.
We know Duff and Slash do stuff like that, but not Axl.

I'm just taking baby steps. Right now I just wish 1) Axl prepares, 2) Axl shows up at rehearsals so they can get their chemistry and stage game back so it does't seem like someone just put them up that stage and they're seeing each other for the first time, 3) they can get along and enjoy themselves because this little thing they did in the past called GNR is much bigger and important than any stupid disagreement they had years ago. I would hate if they barely look at each other.

That's it for me. If all goes well then I will expect new music, because I don't think this is something they're focused right now. But who knows...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »

Yeah I never really stated that a new album was a realistic thing. I mean I think it can happen, but much later. Like late this year or next  year if at all.

Like I've said in a detailed post before in here... mainly good tour and a best of set with 1-2 new songs or something would be great.

But don't damn me
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: