Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Anyone have this version of "Your Crazy" ??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone have this version of "Your Crazy" ??  (Read 3524 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: June 18, 2006, 08:06:40 AM »

I have never heard of it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses

"Welcome to the Jungle" was then re-issued as a single, with new pressings of records and tapes and new artwork. The UK re-release was backed with an acoustic version of "You're Crazy", recorded much earlier than the one featured on the 1988 EP GN'R Lies.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »

I think its one of the Appetite demos, but I'd have to go look at my disc of AFD demos.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »

I used to have it and I think I still do. It's longer than the others and completely accoustic, not as good as the Lies version but still a great song. If you need a PM let me know and I'll send it to you later today. Perhaps this tpoic should be in Appetite for Collection though.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »

awesome

Chuck Norris invented a language that incorporates karate and roundhouse kicks. So next time Chuck Norris is kicking your ass, don?t be offended or hurt, he may be just trying to tell you he likes your hat.

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

I don't know.....I seem to remember having an all acoustic demo version of You're Crazy where the intro goes "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" or something like that.  It sounds like they're partying pretty hard during the making of it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:20:04 AM »

I don't know.....I seem to remember having an all acoustic demo version of You're Crazy where the intro goes "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" or something like that.  It sounds like they're partying pretty hard during the making of it.

i remember that one.... they sounded very wasted..

Fear of fatal roundhouse kicks is the only reason The Rolling Stones have not retired. Chuck Norris denies all involvement.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35:20 AM »

Posting Chuck Norris "stories" in your posts are off topic.

Keep that in mind next time you wanna be funny.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »

I don't know.....I seem to remember having an all acoustic demo version of You're Crazy where the intro goes "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" or something like that.? It sounds like they're partying pretty hard during the making of it.

I remember "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" that and have it..  Wasn't that before "Cornshucker" maybe?  Ithink the version you guys have mentioned may have been libe.. Was this B-Side a studio version?

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 11:19:01 AM »

I used to have it and I think I still do. It's longer than the others and completely accoustic, not as good as the Lies version but still a great song. If you need a PM let me know and I'll send it to you later today. Perhaps this tpoic should be in Appetite for Collection though.

cool

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »

Yeah:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F00362FF56EA4B57

yes
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:29:02 PM »

I don't know.....I seem to remember having an all acoustic demo version of You're Crazy where the intro goes "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" or something like that.? It sounds like they're partying pretty hard during the making of it.

I remember "I'm a west coast junkie and east coast monkey, got an elephant dick under my arm" that and have it..? Wasn't that before "Cornshucker" maybe?? Ithink the version you guys have mentioned may have been libe.. Was this B-Side a studio version?

Yes, it was the B-side of a single. I have it on vinyl from the "Appetite for Collection" box set so I can't help out much on this one. I like that version a lot. Different pace.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
gun
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 09:59:22 AM »

You'll see this one labeled as "Booze Party" on many boots out there.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »

Is this the version from the re-issue of the WTTJ single then? I used to have that single, the 3-inch CD version, but I sold it
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 07:50:42 AM »

Thanks, I really liked it and had never heard it before.. The bongos were cool as hell. The only part I didn't like was the little Moaning/Grunting part or whatever Axl was doing before the solo...  Good stuff though  ok  Thanks again..

Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 10:48:10 AM »

Is this the version from the re-issue of the WTTJ single then? I used to have that single, the 3-inch CD version, but I sold it

I have it! Wink

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »

I have it! Wink

I have the 12 inch LP, that one I didn't sell Smiley
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »

That version of You're Crazy is the one that was also included with the GN'R Lies demos that the guy posted here.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: