Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42863 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 03:13:14 AM »

I am sticking up for people on the forum

Like i have stated, I can wait 5 more years, The wait doesnt bother me, I have plenty of other bands that keep me fulfilled.

I will always say a band owes their fans, No one can ever change my mind on that.

Like I said, If Axl wanted to retire and never release CD that is fine, he wouldnt owe us anything, but the fact that there have been so many false starts and he has gotten fans hopes up, I think that qualifies as owing your fans.

Its like any other relationship.

If u come home and your wife comes home and their is no dinner on the table, no big deal

If u call her at work and tell her u are cooking a special dinner for her and u are gonna go out afterwards etc and then she gets home and nothing is cooked and u are off at the bar with your friends, U are damn right she has a right to be pissed.

This is my point. ?This forum is turning into Fox News. U agree with everything or you are a hater or not a true fan or u get banned or negative karma or posts and threads deleted.

People have a right to be concerned, they have the right to question whatever they see fit until axl delivers what he has promised.

For them to invoke some sort of power onto the greatest internet forum on the net that censors what we can and cant talk about is wrong.

We as fans deserve Better.

I dont know many fanbases that would be as loyal as we have been.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:20 AM »

But why is negativity forbidden here?

For that I can not answer, for I have only deleted posts that are posted simply to start shit, or if they are by posters that have never had anything positive to say or post negative stuff about a few subjects beaten to death.

Some of the subjects that I think should most definately _not_ be an issue that causes this much chaos on a fan board are:

1) band members: The band is this band because... It is this band. You either like it or you don't. The members are a part of the band and it is not worth discussing "what if [blank] was no more / brourght back / to join GN'R".

2) The setlists are going to be what they are going to be. And the people at the shows should get to decide whether a show is good or not. I won't take a stand on the issue of negative reviews being removed since I haven't removed a single review that was well though through and had only constructive critisism. After all, if for example a long time poster from here goes to a show and feels that his experience was not up to his hopes (which, him or her being a fan are propably pretty high), I will not delete the post *just because*.. No show by anyone will _ever_ be that good that 100,0% of the people will feel that it was flawless for them.

3) The release date is of course a hot topic since we were told that the album was coming out this year, and the number of tuesdays is lower every week. And I do understand that it pisses people off if by the end of this year there wouldn't be an album. But until we know the reasons of a possible delay, it'll only create more speculation. Especially when the only given 'release date' was that "you might walk into a store one day and see it on the shelf" and "there are xx tuesdays left in the year". And since we have obtained the status that the board communicates with the management/ the band, the board is sometimes referred to as being "semi-official". And since we've taken a pretty controlled line over the past few years, it can be taken by some members of the media (members who like to start shit), that anything that is posted over here is almost the official statement of the fanbase. So I understand the decision to delete some of the posts that are posted only to start chaos among the fanbase.

The third point is debatable and I won't be able to convince all the people of it. Especially the "sorry, but I just needed to vent!!!? rant "-people. But at the moment it is my pov.

Also I would like to state that this is not the board's official opinion on the matter. It is only mine, and might differ from the official one. My actions also might not represent my opinions in some cases (they have for now), but I only work here. I'm not the one running the board. And if I ever thought that I could do a better job at running a board and didn't like it here... well.. we all know what I could do then. The same goes to everyone else posting here.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 05:15:32 AM »

First of all, like it or not, the band owes you nothing. Nothing.

I don't give a shit what you think. They owe you nothing, except what you paid for.

Its like any other relationship.

If u come home and your wife comes home and their is no dinner on the table, no big deal

If u call her at work and tell her u are cooking a special dinner for her and u are gonna go out afterwards etc and then she gets home and nothing is cooked and u are off at the bar with your friends, U are damn right she has a right to be pissed.

You're really funny.

Comparing Axl to a start up Indy musician is ridiculous and it isnt even the same thing.

Comparing Axl to a start up indy musician seems ridiculous to you but comparing him to your wife seems logical?

rofl

About the "censorship"...

We don't like negativity. Plain and simple.

We've always been like that.

One person may not think that a setlist is cool just cause he/she was expecting to hear more new songs, but you have to consider the impact of your statement on a board which is being read by 7.500 registered users and another who-knows-how-many unregistered users who are thinking of going to a show, but they'll think about it again if they read a "negative" post.

Now, about the "if I think Axl's wrong I'll say it in his face" thing.

You can play "tough guy" on a message board but I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of you, wouldn't have the balls to say anything in his face if you met him. Most of you would probably piss your pants and tell your friends for the next 12 years that you've met Axl Rose and he was cool to you, he shook your hand etc, etc...

Noone on this or any other board has any idea what's been going on between the record company, the band and the management these days.

The album could be on its way to the record stores.

I'd say, stop the bitching and wait until the end of the year.

IF by the end of the year, we have no album or no release date, and if it makes such a difference in your life, don't post on any board and show your frustration this way.

Now, you've seen how the board works. It won't change.

Even though I don't believe in advices anymore, cause I've been told that a smart one doesn't need the advice and the stupid one won't understand it, I will give you one.

If you don't like the way it works, stop posting. There are many other GN'R boards on the internet.

They won't "censor" you. Most of these boards have been advertising their "no censor" ways for the past 4-5 weeks.

Go there.

In case you don't want to leave this board, go by its rules and the way it works and all will be fine.

I've explained it a thousand times, but everyday there is a new thread about it on the board.

I'm seriously thinking of having a post, ready somewhere on my pc and copy-paste it whenever it's needed, which in our case is every few hours.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2006, 05:40:16 AM »

Why does it feel like everybody are talking around each other on these subjects? I can understand most of the deleting on this board, but there are a few things I feel gets lost in the same shuffle. When this is brought up it's either I didn't delete it, and I don't know who or the general explainations of Skeba and Christos in this thread. There are certainly threads and subjects that does not apply to your descriptions that are deleted. What about those?

I can't help to notice that the moderating is a lot tighter when Jarmo is fully present. Seems like there are differences in what he thinks should go, and what the rest of you moderators removes.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2006, 07:16:28 AM »

Skeba, nice answer actually ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2006, 07:48:26 AM »

The members are a part of the band and it is not worth discussing "what if [blank] was no more / brourght back / to join GN'R".

I guess this is being discussed so much because the current lineup doesn't have a single release under its belt. Once the album gets out, I think people will be more accepting of the band as a whole.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2006, 09:28:03 AM »

it's not for spreading bullshit rumors about the band.

/jarmo

the entire main board, and EVERY topic is about bullshit rumors....   
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »

you have to consider the impact of your statement on a board which is being read by 7.500 registered users and another who-knows-how-many unregistered users who are thinking of going to a show, but they'll think about it again if they read a "negative" post.

now the mods are into thought control?

your funny...
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2006, 09:34:58 AM »

coz they think they are going to get some special prize for buying into the "I love Axl and swing from his hairry nuts" attitude..

there are other boards... better boards that have just as many users..
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2006, 09:51:57 AM »

I respect the opinions of others as well. But I don't need to be exposed to the same few people expressing their opinions in every possible thread

Me neither. I'm getting tired of people who repeat the same things all the time. If they have a point I think it's been made a long time ago so they can stop.

Everybody is welcome if they understand what this board is about.

I'm sorry to write this but this is what I feel. I'm on this board since 2004. I registered as soon as I had the Internet at home. Why ? because I support the band, and like all the other fans, I'm looking for anything real about Chinese Democracy.

So in my opinion, and correct me if I'm wrong, this board and the whole HTGTH site is dedicated to GN'R.

But here's the thing : We're in 2006 and the band doesn't have members named Slash, Duff, etc. anymore. I know that it's because of these guys and Axl that we have the music we have today. But they are not in the band anymore. So I visit everyday what's, in my opinion, the best board dedicated to GN'R in 2006 -> HTGTH.

What I want to say is that the fact that there's a VR section, another dedicated to past members etc., it doesn't help in the confusion around the band.

In fact, I respect the way this board is runned. I'd just like to know if what Jarmo means by "what this board is about".

Is it about the GN'R we follow now, or is it about GN'R from 85 'till now ?

In any cases, since the HTGTH crew works with GN'R management, and gives 100% acurate informations about the band, I'm wondering if a Velvet Revolver section is needed.

I understand why the Dead Horse one, but IMO a VR one is just confusing.

Anyway, don't get this wrong please.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »

coz they think they are going to get some special prize for buying into the "I love Axl and swing from his hairry nuts" attitude..

Here's the door then. Feel free to leave.

It will lead you to various places full of ... well, 'posts'.

like this one -> www.mygnr.com and others from the same vein.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:15 AM »

Personally I don't like Finck's guitar-playing. I have nothing against that guy on a personal level. I just don't like how he plays guitar. I don't think he is in the same league as Slash. There should be no problem to say this kind of thing.

That doesn't make me a lesser GN'R fan. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact...

You just can't stop, can you ?

When I read between the lines, It seems like you're saying that if someone prefers Finck in the band, he's a lesser GN'R fan or something like that ...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:15:54 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

Long live GN'R.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2006, 10:12:31 AM »

No

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2006, 10:21:39 AM »

Yeah, that's why I like this place.. it's not mygnr. But sometimes mods really go too far, but it's a small price for having this thing going.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »

Personally I don't like Finck's guitar-playing. I have nothing against that guy on a personal level. I just don't like how he plays guitar. I don't think he is in the same league as Slash. There should be no problem to say this kind of thing.

That doesn't make me a lesser GN'R fan. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact...

When I read between the lines, It seems like you're saying that if someone prefers Finck in the band, he's a lesser GN'R fan or something like that ...

thats exactly what i was talking about earlier.  he pulls that shit all the time.  he tries to be subtle, but he's not.

and i couldn't agree more with the post above this one..  i agree, the vr board causes confusion and imo is not appropiate to have on a true Guns N' Roses board for GNR 2006.    I just keep those sections hidden  hihi  maybe someday i wont have to.  peace
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »

no no you're reading too far into it, he expressed his opinion about slash and not saying ANYTHING hateful towards finck... im sure he can express why he likes slash better in a normal and intresting statement that does not resort to "SLASH IS DA MAN LOL FCUK FINK!?!?!!!"... give us a chance and just get rid of the assholes when they pop up.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »

no no you're reading too far into it, he expressed his opinion about slash and not saying ANYTHING hateful towards finck... im sure he can express why he likes slash better in a normal and intresting statement that does not resort to "SLASH IS DA MAN LOL FCUK FINK!?!?!!!"... give us a chance and just get rid of the assholes when they pop up.

post it in the VR section
i dont want read slash cars in the GUNS N ROSES SECTION
I'd be disgusted to read about finck's cars in the GUNS N ROSES SECTION too.

Slash has good taste, the Vanquish is an awesome car !

I like the West Arkeen mention. Smiley

Yes... it was Matt who suggested getting Robin on board.  At that time, the line-up was Axl, Robin, Paul, Duff, Matt and Dizzy.
Matt only said that without Slash they were going nowhere.

To think that Robin can replace Slash is crazy. I mean... Robin is still learning how to play guitar !

Does it mean that with the help of propaganda Paul McCartney could release a solo album under the Beatles name ?

No, he could not because it would be :

Paul Mc Cartney + Backup band = Paul Mc Cartney doing solo stuff.

In this case it's simple :

Axl + Tommy + Robin + Brain/Frank + Ron + Richard + Dizzy + Chris = Guns N' Roses on tour and releasing their new opus.

Axl+back up band = Axl doing solo stuff = nugnr

He's a troll..  he doesn't like the band, he's only here to talk about Slash and how bad this band sucks without him.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2006, 10:50:57 AM »

Here's the door then. Feel free to leave.

oh wow! what a creative post you have made!! you posted a picture of a door!!!!  "Feel Free to leave?" WTF is that supposed to mean? you think i dont know how to type a url into my internet browser??

your such a smart poster arent you!!!! : ok:
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »

oh wow! what a creative post you have made!! you posted a picture of a door!!!!? "Feel Free to leave?" WTF is that supposed to mean? you think i dont know how to type a url into my internet browser??

your such a smart poster arent you!!!! ok

Well, since you think there are better boards out there (wich is what you wrote), you can go. Why staying here if it sucks ?

Feel free to leave means : If you don't like it here then get the fuck out.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »

Go there then. There are boards with more members then we have. Go there!

Please!

Maybe then I don't have to ban you for your useless spamming of this board.

the entire main board, and EVERY topic is about bullshit rumors....   

I think you're confusing us with some other boards.

You people keep whining about how horrible this place is, how we're idiots and so on. Yet you keep coming back, even after you've been banned you keep trying to come back. Why?

Why not leave and never look back?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: