Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR LOCK THIS - CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR US! ***  (Read 42846 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »

I really wonder if THIS is what Axl or the band wants? Fans arguing with each other and calling names, Mods saying "they don't owe you shit bla bla..."

Yeah, jarmo said something like "would you tell it to him in face that he doesn't belong to GN'R?"
Well, I wonder if Axl / band member would tell a fan to hes/her face that "I don't owe you shit!"?

Maybe they would? But eventually it's about respect, and it's not respectful from management to say shit like that. What is it good for?
"Yeah, but someone said they didn't like the show, so we decided to censor him/say that we don't owe him anything" It can't fucking work like that?
(I understand deleting posts like "Slash is 10^43255 better than robin...")

They should've just let this forum alone and let the mods decide what is wrong and what is right. This is a UNOFFICIAL forum, right?
Definitely not to register here and bash fans for saying "negative" things.

Maybe if something gets discussed over and over again they should try to do something about it. (ie. being late) instead of coming here and tell jarmo to delete all post including "late", "delay" and "sucks"

Whatever, everything was way better before the management came in the ring.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »

who says management hs anything to do with it....would management want a vr section on board? Tongue

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »

When was that?

See, you don't know when they started helping out.

Just because you became aware of it recently, doesn't mean it started recently.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »

But why is negativity forbidden here?

coz they think they are going to get some special prize for buying into the "I love Axl and swing from his hairry nuts" attitude..

there are other boards... better boards that have just as many users..

Here's the door then. Feel free to leave.

It will lead you to various places full of ... well, 'posts'.

like this one -> www.mygnr.com and others from the same vein.

oh wow! what a creative post you have made!! you posted a picture of a door!!!!  "Feel Free to leave?" WTF is that supposed to mean? you think i dont know how to type a url into my internet browser??

your such a smart poster arent you!!!! ok

So why this guy haven't been kicked out yet?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2006, 12:15:23 PM »

You people keep whining about how horrible this place is, how we're idiots and so on. Yet you keep coming back, even after you've been banned you keep trying to come back. Why?

Why not leave and never look back?

/jarmo

I respect you for running this board the way that you do. ?People are always going to bitch about it, because they know it will get a response. ?If I've read these sort of posts once, I've read them a thousand times and you always say the same thing. ?Say it once, lock the thread and sticky it... and delete the posts/threads you don't want.

Whatever management's involvement is with this site isn't my business, but they formed a relationship with you based on the way you do things. ?I wouldn't change anything to maintain that relationship and I don't believe you have.

People spend a lot of time complaining that this site was never like this before. ?Aside from a short period in '02, it was never like this before and mods are only taking actions that best suit the requirements of the posting fanbase. ?If they didn't move/delete threads, this place would be an inconceivable madhouse.

You've done a good job, but consider one thing. ?People will bitch as long as they're getting a response.. cut off your reactions and the reactions of mods (slip into radio silence, if you will, regarding complaints) and they will either a) stop bitching or b) leave the forum. ?That's what you tell them to do anyway... so why not?

Keep up the good work boss.

BluesGNR

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
makane
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

When was that?

See, you don't know when they started helping out.

Just because you became aware of it recently, doesn't mean it started recently.

/jarmo
They might have helped earlier, but I aimed a the recent timeframe when their involvement started to really show.
btw. what did you mean by saying HTGTH will never be official? If this site was THE GN'R forum the "censorship" would be more rational. imo

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

btw. what did you mean by saying HTGTH will never be official?

What does it mean?

It means it'll still be a fan run site, just like it's been since 1996.

Some peope seem to get confused about this. They think a fan site is supposed to be a certain way.

For example, some of you think a fan site means it's ok to attack the band and its members or that it's ok to make up stupid rumors about them to draw attention to yourself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fixintodie
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »

What does it mean?

Some peope seem to get confused about this. They think a fan site is supposed to be a certain way.

For example, some of you think a fan site means it's ok to attack the band and its members or that it's ok to make up stupid rumors about them to draw attention to yourself.

/jarmo

I think people expect a fan site to have no affiliation with management, whatever perks or problems that may bring. Not that it's my opinion that HTGTH should disassociate with management...just I think that's the cause of confusion.

But when all's said and done, HTGTH is different from other boards, partly because of this relationship with management and the band. And there's lots of other entirely fan-oriented and less strictly moderated boards, so why not use HTGTH for your news and another for discussion if the censorship here bothers you?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »

As far as I know, many fan sites do get support by the artists.

Most artists know how important the fan sites are.

It just seems like a bunch of people who mainly post on certain other GN'R sites like to start shit by coming here to whine and whine on other boards about what we do.

I've seen the topics on other boards. It's amusing to read the hate threads by people who didn't follow our rules and got banned. Then they attack me for being a dictator.

We have rules, and if you don't follow them, be prepared to suffer the consequences. A lot of people get away with all kinds of stuff on other boards and think they'll do the same here.

/jarmo

fixintodie
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »

Have you noticed that some people have the date they were banned from HTGTH as their sig in other forums? It's becoming some sort of lame status symbol...kind of like ASBOs in the UK.  Roll Eyes

Fan sites are often artist supported/affiliated as you say. I should have said forums, which are rarely so.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2006, 04:44:43 PM »

Slash's wife has posted at the Slash Forum and certain VR members have posted at the VR forum.

Both are run by fans.

So they do acknowledge them being there.

/jarmo

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2006, 05:06:04 PM »

Some were expressing their frustrations over that because it it stinks being a loyal fan only to be let down yet again.

Let down yet again? This is only because your believed RUMORS in the past. This is the first time we've really been told the record is going to be released. If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world.

We found out a lot this year, didn't we? Much more than in years past. To me, if you truly understand what it was like to be loyal to a band, you would realize regardless of whether or not the record comes out in 2006, it was the BEST year in the history of the new guns, and it proved once and for all that this is a band to be reckoned with.

How you can call all of this a let down confuses me. Because the record might not come out in 2006? I'm sorry, no matter how you spin it, that's just whining.

Yes, it's another let down. Fans were let down in 2002 when the Chinese Democracy tour got their hopes up only to end up with a bunch of cancelled dates and years of silence. Fans were let down each and every time Tommy & Dizzy opened their mouths about a release date over the years only to get nothing but more silence. Fans were let down in 04 when Rock In Rio was cancelled and Buckethead left the band. Fans were let down last year when Merck claimed 05 would be the year of GNR only to get nothing. So, yes it is a let down if CD is nowhere in sight after Axl and Merck made claims that it would be out in 06.

I agree, this year was a big step in the world of GNR which had been filled with nothing but disappointment, but that doesn't mean fans should ignore another disappointment just because they took one little step in the right direction. Fans have every right to feel disappointment and to complain that they are getting nothing but a greatest hits set on the Chinese Democracy Tour. It's starting to look like this is just a cash grab and they were using the CD name to promote the cash grab.
Hysteron
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »

Slash's wife has posted at the Slash Forum and certain VR members have posted at the VR forum.

Both are run by fans.

So they do acknowledge them being there.

/jarmo

Forgive me if what I say is nonsensical, but your statement implies that GNR members post here.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2006, 05:17:09 PM »

As far as I know, no GN'R members post here.

People around the band have posted though.

I was just pointing out that artists do acknowledge fan run forums too.

/jarmo

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2006, 05:21:01 PM »

As far as I know, no GN'R members post here.

People around the band have posted though.

I was just pointing out that artists do acknowledge fan run forums too.

/jarmo

I would think the statement from Merck and statement from Axl through Merck would be evidence enough that artists acknowledge fan forums.  I remember Prince used to acknowledge them quite a bit, by shutting them down via threats of legal action. Tongue

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2006, 05:28:16 PM »

What does it mean?

/jarmo

It's not that people think a fan site should be run a certain way. It's that this site had always been run a certain way until recently. The long time members of this board don't understand the sudden change in attitude, especially when threads and posts are constantly deleted without explanation. It just appears that management are using their affiliation with you to control the image presented on this board since it is the most visible GNR site.
EFISH
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2006, 05:29:26 PM »

Bumblefoot signed up here 2 years before he became a member in GNR. Physchic!  hihi
Hysteron
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2006, 05:30:57 PM »

Bumblefoot signed up here 2 years before he became a member in GNR. Physchic!? hihi

He's also signed up to your site, do you know what his username is?
EFISH
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »

Bumblefoot signed up here 2 years before he became a member in GNR. Physchic!  hihi

He's also signed up to your site, do you know what his username is?
Well it aint that hard to figure out.  Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2006, 05:39:52 PM »

It's not that people think a fan site should be run a certain way. It's that this site had always been run a certain way until recently. The long time members of this board don't understand the sudden change in attitude, especially when threads and posts are constantly deleted without explanation. It just appears that management are using their affiliation with you to control the image presented on this board since it is the most visible GNR site.

Maybe it's because in the past most posters here were actually supportive and understood what this place is for, but now that the band is more active we get a bunch of people trying to ruin it for other fans by posting negative crap and lies about the band just to look cool?

You might not realize this, but people use fan sites for "research" when they write articles. What kind of articles do you think they'll write if all they see is complaints from the band's fans?

In the past we probably allowed more speculation. Now there's no need to speculate since we can find out the truth.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: