Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Gruesome Twosome Tour - Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gruesome Twosome Tour - Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper  (Read 1570 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »

It's a bill that fans of horror and hard rock could only dream of until now: For the first time ever, the "gruesome twosome" ? ALICE COOPER and ROB ZOMBIE ? will play an exclusive limited run of North American tour dates beginning April 26 at the MTS Center in Winnipeg, MB.

Rob Zombie commented, "The dream or nightmare comes true! Me and The Coop have been talking about touring together for about 15 years and finally the moment is here. This will be without a doubt a rock 'n' roll spooktacular for all the cool ghouls."

Alice Cooper added, "I'm looking forward to these concerts with Rob. It's sort of like Dracula vs. Frankenstein, we're like this generation?s classic monsters. When we're not onstage frightening audiences, we'll be backstage trying to scare each other."

Tickets go on sale February 23. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

ROB ZOMBIE/ALICE COOPER - "The Gruesome Twosome Tour" dates:

Apr. 26 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Apr. 27 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union
Apr. 28 - Edmonton, AB- Rexall Place
Apr. 29 - Calgary, AB - Corral
May 01 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
May 02 - Kennewick, WA - Toyota Center
May 04 - Casper, WY - Casper Events Center

I sure as hell hope theres more dates then that
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:42:20 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »

i will def go if they play somewhere in the vicinity of NYC..
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »

that'd be damn fine if they had some more dates on that bill then that. i'd mostly go to see Alice Rob Zombie doesn't really trip my trigger but what ev, i'd give him a listen

headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto - May 21, 2010
By JASON MacNEIL - QMI Agency

TORONTO - Decapitations, hanging, mannequins, dancing robots, zombies, bad horror film scenes and gore.

These were just some of the props, sight gags and gimmicks elder shock-rocker Alice Cooper and possibly his heir apparent Rob Zombie used during a co-headlining bill Friday night at Toronto's Molson Canadian Amphitheatre.

The duo joined forces as their current Gruesome Twosome North American trek soon wraps up, each performing approximately 75-minute sets which packed a lot of visual and sonic punch.

Perhaps the oddest thing might have been Zombie closing the evening to a slightly smaller crowd compared to what Cooper encountered for his parade of favorites. Yet Zombie made sure that the reported 8,000 people (Zombie's count) got bang for their buck with plenty of fireballs, video screens showing cheesy horror film clips and a heap of heavy industrial-tinged hard rock.

With former Marilyn Manson guitarist Jon 5 and Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison touring in his band, Zombie plowed through What Lurks On Channel X? and the foot-stomping Superbeast as fans pumped fists and sang along. Meanwhile Scum of the Earth and Living Dead Girl also had their desired effect on what Zombie described as the "mother f---king zombie party."

And he made sure that those near the front obeyed his requests. When asking fans to sing loudly during Mars Needs Women, Zombie noticed a guy in the front keeping quiet. "What's wrong with you? You're not singing a goddamn thing!" he quipped before the camera zoomed in on the unfortunate fellow.

Regardless, Zombie - best known for his punishing signature Dragula -- upped the ante with House of 1000 Corpses, Demonoid Phenomenon, Thunder Kiss '65 and bringing out Cooper for Cooper's hit School's Out.

Not to be outdone, and doling out nearly 20 songs at a breakneck pace, Alice Cooper and his solid four-piece band had all the eye-catching executions to go along with hits like Ballad of Dwight Fry and the softer Only Women Bleed. Both songs had Cooper, 62, showing brilliant recuperative powers after having his head chopped off in a guillotine and later on left hanging.

Otherwise, Cooper occasionally sounded a bit raspy and rough but it didn't dampen the appreciation for his oldies beginning with the School's Out, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Under My Wheels and Poison which caused a loud sing-along.

The musician also had more of a connection to the audience, whether it was tossing out necklaces during Dirty Diamonds, tossing a cane into the crowd early on or coming out with a large Canadian flag during Elected. "What are you waiting for? I'm your man!" he said during the tune.

Other highlights of the set included a lady causing sparks with a sander onstage for Nurse Rozetta, Cooper decapitating a baby doll during Billion Dollar Babies and strangling a lady to round out Be My Lover, further driving home the idea of warped wholesome entertainment.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:40:00 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: