Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Succesful Bands That Time Forgot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Succesful Bands That Time Forgot  (Read 13887 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2005, 12:55:41 PM »

New kids were great they wanted to become the next Beatles, even they copied a part of a beatles song exactly the same in the song Tonight.
Jonathan
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »

The Who
Stone Temple Pilots
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:50:44 PM by Jonathan » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2005, 01:01:44 PM »

The Who are still succesful.
Jonathan
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2005, 01:04:25 PM »

The Who are still succesful.

Well, not as much as they used to be + a lot of the bands that people mention in this thread are still succesful but people have forgot them in a big way.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 01:06:44 PM by Jonathan » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2005, 01:52:48 PM »

New kids were great they wanted to become the next Beatles, even they copied a part of a beatles song exactly the same in the song Tonight.
Is that true?, man I really hated NKOTB

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2005, 02:22:41 PM »

hehe Yes its true man, just listen to NKOTB's tonight, some guitars, trompetas and stuff  are just the style Beatles would have played.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2005, 07:56:09 PM »

The New York Dolls. Virtually no one knows about this band, though they inspried basically every band who came after them, Guns, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Poison, EVERYONE owes a debt to the Dolls. Granted, the public never got them, but critics loved them.

The Dolls have been forgotten and it sucks.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »

The New York Dolls. Virtually no one knows about this band, though they inspried basically every band who came after them, Guns, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Poison, EVERYONE owes a debt to the Dolls. Granted, the public never got them, but critics loved them.

The Dolls have been forgotten and it sucks.

HELL YES!!!!  I was talking to a friend who rekons he is the Punk lover of the universe.  and I go "Oh I love the New York Dolls" and he said "Who?"  hahaha  hihi       

Its actually quite sad  Undecided

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rasputin
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2005, 01:24:27 AM »

? ? ? ?And also even when they arent bands, are these boy bands, NSYNC and Backstreet boys, remember how huge they were some years ago, and since the Superbowl Incident with Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake hasnt done something remarkable.
i think you got it wrong, everyone is trying to forget,? ?we all remember we just try our very hardest not to acknowledge the fact they were ever liked? ? Tongue

and NKOTB, thank the Lord their gone/forgotten? ?Lips Sealed

(no offence to those who may still like em)

id hafta say Styx, absolutly cant stand alot of their work..? their ballads sucked major balls...? Mr. Roboto was about the most horrid thing id ever heard..? but they had some good old songs....? ? point being, i havent heard nuthin on em fer years

Jim Croce? he was alright, y'know?? ?aint heard word bout 'im in ages

Journey? seem underrated for how big they were..? good band, them

and i dont wanna say U2's been forgotten so much as its been forgotted wht they've done, with their new CD an all, seems the younger crowd think their a new band that just sucks and noone bothers to listen to their old stuff..

however, ya gotta look at alot of thses bands havent nesisarily been "forgotten"
its just the young crowd listens to new artists and dont bother to look back..? they like MCR and Korn and whatever, why search 20 years back for old music??? ?alot of em are just moronic bout it tho.. "since its 20 years old its gotta suck" ..? pathetic..

ok...im done? Lips Sealed? ?Smiley
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2005, 02:22:53 AM »

That was long man. But true with the boy bands.
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2005, 02:26:45 PM »

This idea for a thread popped into my head while driving in my car yesterday.? Can you guys think of any bands that were HUGE in their own era, but were gradually forgotten as time moved on?? I thought of 2 off the top of my head

1)? I think the replacements are probably one of the most forgotten about bands in the last 30 years.? For how groundbreaking and influential they were to so many bands, virtually no one recognizes them as a collective band or as individuals.? In their early years they wrote balls to the wall punk, that could be angry and simple, or retrospective and sophisticated.? By the end of their career they had grown into a tight-nit band, that were essentially the voice for the generation of the 1980's.? You can hear how they influenced (for better or worse) bands like Soul Asylum, the Goo Goo Dolls, as well as virtually the intire grunge movement

2)? The other one is the Cult.? Aside from hearing 'Fire Woman' (which I heard while driving in my car!) from time to time on the radio, this band has been virtually forgotten despite being one of the boggest, multi-platinum (non-hair) band of the 1980's. They weren't cheesey; Billy Duffy could write a killer riff and hold his own soloing, and Ian Astburry can falt out fucking sing.? ?

p.s.? I'm not being a 'homer' here (naming bands that have former and current members of GNR), but theses were the two biggest examples that popped in my head.? Besides, I don't think Matt reocrded more than one album with the Cult...
i totally agree with you with The Cult. they were one of the greatest bands to come out of the 80's. they dont get nearly enough credit that they deserve.

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2005, 02:43:36 AM »

Jim Croce? he was alright, y'know?? ?aint heard word bout 'im in ages

Jim Croce was great. He had/has a lot of memorable songs. Unfortunatley, he died in the '70s. I believe it was a plane accident.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2005, 04:58:39 AM »

Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch

Milly Vanilly

Bros

rofl

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »