Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl blaming Buckethead........
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl blaming Buckethead........  (Read 9430 times)
usurper
« on: June 07, 2004, 03:52:08 PM »

Well, you see here........ a telegram was sent to a website personally wrote by Axl. It explains everything about Bucketheads departure..........

Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely, W. Axl Rose

You can't accutally blame Buckethead for Axl's Egomania and unwillingness to tour and to release Chinese Democracy. It just makes me mad to see Axl blaming all the problems on Buckethead for quitting. I think the fact that he said he needed a guitarist to do rock in rio is so pathetic. He knows how to play guitar, he's been learning since 1998 so he must have learnt something by now. Or...... why does he not just get a new guitarist like he always did after Izzy, Gilby, Slash and all the others left........... makes you think does it not? Undecided
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 04:00:54 PM »

This is old news. We already know this. Im sure Axl isnt good enough at guitar to play Buckethead's parts. The new music is different than the old, u actually need 3 guitarists to play it. Playing lead guitar and singing lead vocals is pretty fuckin hard to do, especially at the same time. So really it is Buckethead's fault that they didnt play Rio.
usurper
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 04:06:09 PM »

I know this is old news but I just want a lively conversation about it. I think Axl is just staling to release the album and hire a new guitar player.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 04:11:07 PM »

I think he just likes drama.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »

I thought GNR already has 2 other lead Guiraist on payroll? Yeah like Buckethead is really keeping them from playing  Roll Eyes. I think Axl just doesnt have what it takes to play live anymore. If CD ever gets released, i doubt he will play more than a few places.
usurper
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 04:32:02 PM »

Apparently 2 guitarists is not enough. A lot of people can sing while playing guitar. That excuse that it is too hard is utter crap.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 04:36:16 PM »

BH got tired of waiting for CD to be released but he broke his contract which was wrong.
As far as I am concerned, I dont care if BH plays live with the band as long as Axl keeps his parts on CD which I think he will do.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 04:40:25 PM »

If Axl does decides to play guitar I don?t think it will be lead. Fortus will play lead and Axl will just play rhythm guitar.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kujo722
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 04:56:36 PM »

Buckethead has put out about 6 CD's in the last year or two. Its not like he was sitting around not doing anything.
I became a BH fan due to his being in GnR and I will continue to be one. However I'm with Axl on this one.
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 07:41:48 PM »

Just curious, what website was this that he supposedly sent this letter?

I don't keep up on all the internet sites, but I thought I heard that Axl hates the internet and I'm not sure I believe that he reads fan websites and sends them "telegrams".

So was it the official gnr online website or some fan thing?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »

It was a press release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 07:57:13 PM »

It was a press release.

/jarmo

Thanks, that makes sense. I thought the person was implying it was just some fan website.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Apparently 2 guitarists is not enough. A lot of people can sing while playing guitar. That excuse that it is too hard is utter crap.

Yeah and most bands who's lead singer plays rhythm sucks. Nowadays the lead singer plucks a few notes or plays easy rhythm beats. Or bands like Nickelback they just through it down in drop D and dont have to worry.

AXL is an entertainer. He IS THE DEFINATION of a frontman to see him stuck behind a mic and guitar cuts away from his freedom to roam the stage.  Axl should never play guitar I like the swaying and running Axl the one who can make us RIOT.   YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. HOW MANY OTHER FRONTMAN make us riot?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 06:20:22 AM »

If Axl Rose becomes a guitar player in GNR, you can have my right nut. Fuck it, to hell with it, you can have both my nuts.

There is no way Axl is gonna sing and play guitar for whole concerts. You have to be some kind of retard to think that.

Secondly, anyone who is any kind of GNR fan knows what RIR means to Axl, and when he says he really hates not being able to be there, he means it, and it's one of the things that doesn't need to be debated about. If he could have been there with GNR and put on a good show, he would have.

Thirdly, why does everyone skip this line: "I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position." He admits he put GNR in this position by allowing Buckethead to do what he wants.

Bottom line is this: Why did Buckethead leave suddenly like this when all the rest of the band have been waiting longer and are still there? Those guys are comitted to this band, and Buckethead was not. He just chose to leave ,coincidently in a better position in terms of publicity for his own work than before.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 07:48:08 AM »

He didn't leave suddenly...the "eratic behavior" had been going on for nearly a year... Roll Eyes

The bottom line is: if he was such a pivotal part of the band (enough to cancel a gig 2 MONTHS in advance) what proactive steps were taken (if any) to find out what was going on with Buckethead?Huh
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 10:12:06 AM »

hahahahaha can you imagine this"gnr show,and axl play guitar and singing welcome to the jungle"

this is the worst topic in last 2 years
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 10:12:07 AM »

Yeah and most bands who's lead singer plays rhythm sucks. Nowadays the lead singer plucks a few notes or plays easy rhythm beats. Or bands like Nickelback they just through it down in drop D and dont have to worry.

AXL is an entertainer. He IS THE DEFINATION of a frontman to see him stuck behind a mic and guitar cuts away from his freedom to roam the stage.  Axl should never play guitar I like the swaying and running Axl the one who can make us RIOT.   YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. HOW MANY OTHER FRONTMAN make us riot?

im with you 100% right there john. axls the most charismatic front man ever and i for one dont wanna see him stood chugging on guitar. and you usurper, do you play guitar yourself... so you think axl should play bucketheads parts as well as sing?.... and maybe he could have a drum and symbol strapped to his back if brain leaves eh? yes, other guitarists do play lead guitar and sing... like david gilmore one of the best guitarists of all time, is axl one of the best guitarists of all time? i think not... he could chugg on rythm maybe but ive already expressed my views on that.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 10:24:08 AM »

hahahahahahah
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 11:04:56 AM »

axl was paying Josh Freese $30.000 a month, just so he wouldn't do things with other bands while he was still in Gn'R (and had all his parts recorded for the album). It must be the same with everybody that's on the money. actually Fortus said that he got into gn'r because Axl pays extremely well.
For workaholics it must be really hard to keep on axl's schedule (or the non-existance of one), so that's why Josh left, and i guess that's the main reason that got Buckethead out of gn'r - he started to take his own stuff more serious and as a priority.
usurper
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 12:11:32 PM »

To answer your question oh Bucketface........... I play Guitar and Bass and can do back-up vocals.
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 01:34:11 PM »

To answer your question oh Bucketface........... I play Guitar and Bass and can do back-up vocals.

and me.... but can axl?
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 02:42:19 PM »

by the way usurper.... peace...im sorry man, i didnt mean to have a go... i was just trying to point out that axls a vocalist (foremost) not a guitarist thats all.......
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 03:31:07 PM »

I play guitar & bass as well.  When I saw GNR it looked like Axl was putting all his concentration into his singing. You have to be a pretty fuckin' good guitarist to sing and play intricate shit (examples older Metallica and Megadeth).  And I don't see Axl being on the same page EVER!!! (guitar-playing wise) as someone like Dave Mustaine or James Hetfield. at the same time those guys will never be able to sing like Axl. A singer of Axl's caliber sings, and that's it! IMO. Hire someone else to play the licks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:34:22 PM by Neemo » Logged

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 07:35:42 PM »

Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

Same shit, different guitarist. Kurt Loder spoke with Axl in '99, a bit after Robin left to tour with NIN.

"Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected [...]  but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that."

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Sean is bored
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 07:09:08 PM »

Ok, apart from the opening to Dead Horse, Ive never seen Axl play guitar, is he really that good in the first place?  And second, theres three guitarists, couldnt Axl just play the simpliest of the three if worst came to worst?  Fortus could do lead, Finck on rhythm, Axl doing whatever he needs the third guitarist for.

What's the point in drinking if you're going to be responsible about it?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 04:02:43 AM »

its not Gunners with Axl playing guitar, plain n' simple.
maybe if he does solo shows on acoustic but not Gunners, no fucking way ok

Axl only explained what the fuck was goin' on thats all, if Buckethead  used the GNR name to get where he wants then he's an arsehole

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
SlashFan
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 02:07:41 AM »

Another stupid thread that taking up space where some cool rumors could be rofl
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: