Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 405970 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2002, 09:59:52 AM »

We'll get battered then at the Nou Camp

Think about it;

Kluivert and Saviola VS the power of Shola Ameobi and Lua Lua !!!!

Well personally i'd play Robert up front with Cort (if he is fit) and get dyer in support.

Shearer is a big loss tho i agree and i think you would have found it hard with your first 11.

Gary Speed is such a vital player for Newcastle he will have to have the game of his life

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2002, 05:46:13 PM »

That is basically Newcastle out then, unless a miracle happens.  If they're gonna review shearers 'incident' though then surely they can review bellamy's and lift the ban.  Cheating Italians.

Anyone see Alan Smith [lmao]. Now that was ridiculous, never a booking.

Anyway, im looking forward to losing to chelsea this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2002, 05:48:08 PM by Miz » Logged

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2002, 06:49:42 PM »

I love your attitude miz!
GNRR2003
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2002, 07:42:23 PM »

That is basically Newcastle out then, unless a miracle happens.  If they're gonna review shearers 'incident' though then surely they can review bellamy's and lift the ban.  Cheating Italians.

Anyone see Alan Smith [lmao]. Now that was ridiculous, never a booking.

ok i was going to reply to this, but every time i have tried to reply this week, an error occurs  Angry

i knew that would wprk, anyway, sunderland are shit.

wooohoo, it still works, sunderland are stil shit, and we  still have no strikers for the CL, wooohooo, it couldnt get any better, even if we  were sunderland  [rofl]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2002, 07:44:36 PM by GNRR2003 » Logged
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2002, 12:20:10 PM »

Ooh, Henry's on a nice bit of form.  Five goals in two games, he ain't doing badly.

I'm not sure who I want to win tomorrow...
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2002, 12:22:00 PM »

I was waiting for you cunt to show yourself Grin

You surley want a draw or a UTD win coz we are still miles behind you.

Henry is on form at the moment.

But so is Van Nistelrooy.

We have not beaten Liverpool in 6 attempts so i think we are due one...... PLEASE

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2002, 12:24:21 PM »

Heee!

I think you'll win.  I can just feel it, y'know?

And I don't want a Utd win, because I think you'll be right up there at the end of the season.  You've got the potential to go on a really fantastic run, and do what Arsenal did in 98.  I wouldn't be at all suprised if you won the league this year.

So I want a draw.  With lots of injuries. [ok]
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2002, 12:28:09 PM »

Heee!

I think you'll win.  I can just feel it, y'know?

And I don't want a Utd win, because I think you'll be right up there at the end of the season.  You've got the potential to go on a really fantastic run, and do what Arsenal did in 98.  I wouldn't be at all suprised if you won the league this year.

So I want a draw.  With lots of injuries. [ok]

Well personally i think it may be a draw.

I hope Ferguson plays Silvestre centrally alongside Brown as we need pace against Owen.

We have no Blanc, Beckham, Keane, Butt, G. Neville so it don't look good but i have a feeling we may get something from the game too as i think it will be close at the end of the season.

I think However Arsenal will win it 3 or 4 games from the end

[/color]

Gandalf
aka Cindy
Opening Act

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2002, 03:06:45 PM »

Heh!

With regard to Bellamy, what goes around comes around. He should never have been on the pitch in the first place seening as he's "unfit".(No blame to him mind, it's that senile manager of his that needs looking at). Bet he's gutted he missed out on playing for a real team now, that occasionally wins a game. Bellamy should move to a proper club, he'll get nowhere with Newcastle. If(Satan willing) Cardiff get to the Premiership in five years he should come and play for us.

Wales won 2-0 in Azerbaijan, which we wouldn't have done two or three years ago. Thing is, a few "injuries" and we're reduced to calling up Swansea and Wigan players. Our first team is a match for anyone at the moment.

Russian linesman bloke from the 1966 World Cup Final, your boys took a hell of a beating!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2002, 07:23:57 PM »

I love your attitude miz!

Ok, am i psychic or what.
Macho played pretty well again, and i dont think we deserved to lose by 3, but 1 or 3, it doesnt really make a difference, we still lost.

This is Howard Wilkinsons face  Huh

PS.  [crying]

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2002, 10:44:19 AM »

Jerzy Dudek!!!!!  [rant]  [rant]

It was our game...we should have won it...if it wasn't for him...

And Hamann's shot in the last minutes...wow...

Damn...

So I send this song to the offended...
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2002, 12:40:54 PM »

Knew Utd would win.  Had that feeling...

Can someone tell me how many points off top Utd are now?  I wanna suss out how much of a threat they are.
GNRR2003
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2002, 01:20:47 PM »

Heh!

With regard to Bellamy, what goes around comes around. He should never have been on the pitch in the first place seening as he's "unfit".(No blame to him mind, it's that senile manager of his that needs looking at). Bet he's gutted he missed out on playing for a real team now, that occasionally wins a game. Bellamy should move to a proper club, he'll get nowhere with Newcastle. If(Satan willing) Cardiff get to the Premiership in five years he should come and play for us.

Wales won 2-0 in Azerbaijan, which we wouldn't have done two or three years ago. Thing is, a few "injuries" and we're reduced to calling up Swansea and Wigan players. Our first team is a match for anyone at the moment.

i find it quite ammusing, the reaction of the welsh, you won the fuckin game for fuck sake, but instead of celebrating, you continue to whinge, is this typical of welsh people? i'm not sure cos i only know one welsh person and she is ok...... plus u's had speed and from what i heard he played exeptionally well, and he plays for us so its not like bobby has anything against the welsh. i do find it quite hypocritical that he's now played three games in a week, when he was only meant to be playing 1  [rofl] hahaha, maybe he is losing it  Tongue at the end of the day we were the ones who took the risk in buying him, where would he be now? 1st division so maybe you should think next time.

Thing is, a few "injuries" and we're reduced to calling up Swansea and Wigan players. Our first team is a match for anyone at the moment.

diesnt that say something  Huh

any way, he scored today so Tongue 2-1 thank you we go marching on
Scat
Headliner

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2002, 02:47:52 PM »

Heh!

Think about it this way:

If Bellamy had played he would have got booked or sent off for some shit that he does. The match was piss easy as it is, would you rather have a semi injured player, with a bad attitude slogging it out in Baku? Or have a fully fit, clean disciplined player for a trip to Italy?

It happens to England aswell so it aint a minority. Man Utd literally pissed on Svens face by withdrawing Scholes for an england game due to injury and then played him afew days later.

Good win today GNR2003; showed Rooney who the real master is.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »

Heh!

No blame to him mind, it's that senile manager of his that needs looking at

Hey.... Look thats Sir Senile Manager to you and Bobby Robson is a legend.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Get in there my son!!!!!!!

Victory is ours over the scum that is Liverpool.

Forlan.... you may look like Sally Gunnell but you are a hero.

Oh yeah so is Dudek....hehehe.

I saw some Liverpool fans leaving early..... I suppose they have to meet their quota on Hub Caps... [yes]

I'm so happy we won and i think we deserved it really. I think G.Neville, Brown and Silvestre were fantastic and Barthez Save to deny Hamman has to be the save of the season so far.... We defended well and never really gave liverpool a clear opening.

I'm just hoping we can turn Arsenal over now and make the league interesting coz if Arsenal beat Man Utd the title is over and Arsenal's name is on the premership trophy.

I think it may take liverpool a while to get over this defeat.

IM HAPPY oh SO HAPPY

[/color]

Scat
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2002, 05:06:12 PM »

gnrfan:

that is the funniest thing i have heard all weekend!

lol (x2)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2002, 05:25:47 PM »

gnrfan:

that is the funniest thing i have heard all weekend!

lol (x2)

Well he does..... even if he is the two goal Hero today

[/color]

Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2002, 04:41:02 AM »

Okay i`m sure i`m the only one here, but come on you Eagles! CPFC, down with the Millwall, Brighton scum. And while i`m here that twat Steve Bruce!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2002, 07:41:23 AM »

Werner, i'm disappointed in you, and all other Liverpool fans calling for Dudek's blood.

Last season he proved himself to be a really fantastic keeper.  Now this season he's going through a bad patch, and suddenly he's rubbish.  He can't be rubbish, because you can't fluke the season he had last year.  When David Seaman goes under fire for a bad season I defend him and hope that he gets his confidence back.  No way is he gonna get his confidence back if his own fans are against him.

In short:  I like Dudek, and I hope he gets through this.

...It was kinda funny though! [hihi]
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2002, 11:14:37 AM »

Okay i`m sure i`m the only one here, but come on you Eagles! CPFC, down with the Millwall, Brighton scum. And while i`m here that twat Steve Bruce!

I used to see CPFC loads as my cousin has season tickets.

I think that Mullins is a suberb player and Freedman is a loyal man.

Coppell is a god

Werner, i'm disappointed in you, and all other Liverpool fans calling for Dudek's blood.

Last season he proved himself to be a really fantastic keeper.  Now this season he's going through a bad patch, and suddenly he's rubbish.  He can't be rubbish, because you can't fluke the season he had last year.  When David Seaman goes under fire for a bad season I defend him and hope that he gets his confidence back.  No way is he gonna get his confidence back if his own fans are against him.

In short:  I like Dudek, and I hope he gets through this.

...It was kinda funny though!

I agree DTH dudek was the best keeper in the league last year and will find his form again.

However the one match he could not afford to make a howler was against Man Utd at Anfield..... Especially with Kirkland being such a good goalkeeper.

I think Houllier should stick with Dudek and then if it continues then drop him but dropping him now would be a condfidence blow.

Remember Barthez against Arsenal when he gifted Henry two goals.... Ferguson kept with him and he kept us those 3 points on Sunday with two great saves.

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: