Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 189452 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2003, 08:10:01 AM »

They are still around unlike Gn'R and they do actually make music.

Long live BOn Jovi

actually, don't know if this is true but for examble Crush, I heard someone tolding that Bon Jovi don't even compose all their songs..that it's my life isn't Bon Jovi's song.

So is it true that they have also somekind of court composer?

first off dude do not corrupt bonjovi's success with BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 jon and richie have wrote or COWROTE every single song

its my  life this swedish dude cowrote it with them, jon wrote the lyrics, richie wrote the guitar part that dude i think did the little keyboard part

so please do not post lies about bon jovi cause its bullshit! bon jovi are authentic talented and great they deserve a little credit

not as complex and maybe not as talented as GNR but then again who the fuck is? so bon jovi deserves credit, they still kick ass, they are still around they are still popular

i have spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your tough answer  Wink.. in that case I will apologise! just heard that all the songs wouldn't be bon jovi's own like "it's my life". but I guess I've heard  just some incorrect stories.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 08:11:12 AM by mr. Funkenstein » Logged
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2003, 02:44:54 PM »

Bon Jovi are releasing an album of old and new songs which have been COMPLETELY stripped apart and re-done from scratch. This is NOT a gimmicky greatest hits or acoustic album. THE SONGS ARE UNRECOGNISABLE AS BON JOVI SONGS.

IT'S MY LIFE IS A BALLAD!! LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME IS A PRAYER!! YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME IS SLOW TEMPO!!

I IMPLORE all of you, ESPECIALLY the BJ haters to go to bonjovi.com, go to discography, click on the new album and click on the somgs you thought you knew or hated. Because for the first time ever, I DON'T LIKE ALWAYS. And the songs I've hated like Bad Medicine and Dead Or Alive sound INCREDIBLE.

I used to think of Jon as a poor man's Springsteen in some respects, but their songs have stood up magnificently through being stripped to nothing and rebuilt from the ground up. I am so impressed I'm actually bothering to post about it.

I just know that this album is going to be absolutely massive, and unthinkably, make Bon Jovi even bigger (where do you go after Hyde Park?). A whole new bunch of people are going to see them in a new light and maybe for once appreciate their true worth as writers and especially Ritchie as a player. Nobody has done this before. Nobody has even thought of it, much the same as when Jon and Ritchie stepped up on the MTV awards in 1989 and played Prayer and Bad Name with acoustic guitars and gave birth to what we now call 'unplugged'.

Please go and listen to Bad Name and see if you can write them off as stadium rock. Or It's My Life...they have made it into a goddam friggin BALLAD!!!! They sound more like Dylan's stuff like heaven's Door than Bon Jovi. I am so utterly impressed. I hope they get the credit they deserve for this one.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2003, 08:09:14 PM »

Yeah, we had a thread on this.... only 2 or 3 people here really care. D? D?

They just posted previews to the songs, I'm listening right now... Wanted Dead Or Alive sounds shit.... Livin on a Prayer has some girl singing, not sure if i'm a fan.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2003, 10:36:12 PM »

simply awesome im gonna be at walmart at 7am tuesday nov 4th to pick mine up and ill proceed to wear it the fuck out!

they arent promoting it heavy at all which sucks and they were gonna put 2 new songs on and scrapped them at the last minute which pisses me off

but they have a box set comin out next summer so thats gonna rule

plus a dvd of them performing the new versions of these songs

sky dont hate on my group!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2003, 03:13:45 AM »

sky dont hate on my group!

Hey man, I own every CD and have seen em live twice (front row once).... I don't want to be hating, but I haven't been impressed so far.  I've listened to 3 previews, the background vocals are kind of "meh".

I'm hoping it's good tho!   beer
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2003, 03:24:42 AM »

I like old Bon Jovi, where's all the rockers gone..it seems to me that nowadays we only get good ballads from bon jovi but bad rockers.
TC
Headliner

It's a free world. Take advantage...

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2003, 06:57:25 PM »

bon jovi
old trafford.
uk.

damn crappy seats.

so far away.

ah well

it still ruled.

not as much as skid row will mind...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2003, 09:06:34 PM »

http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen/aol/us/aolmusic/artists/universal/bonjovi/bonjovi_deadoralive.rm

click this if u have real player, u have to have real player to access, tell me what u think of the new bon jovi! this is from the new cd "this left feels right" greatest hits with a twist
tell me what u think of the new flavor of bon jovi!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 09:09:00 PM by D » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2003, 03:09:16 AM »

I think Bon Jovi are great, and what they are trying is great to but listening to that it just did not work for me the vocals sounded really good but the drums sounded so fucking wrong and out of place
axls_locomotive
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2003, 09:45:06 AM »

thats awful  drool ... theyve ruined the song
guitarpatch
Headliner

"Holding back the Big Guns!"

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2003, 07:47:28 PM »

The drums are terrible, it sounds like one of those early Guns N' Roses demos

Aerosmith, DreamTheater, Jeff Beck, Andres Segovia, Leo Brouwer, Guns, and Bach. Oh yeah, Bach, what else to you need in Life?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2003, 10:32:19 PM »

I didn't like it.  Guess I'm stuck in the past on this one.   Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2003, 01:26:11 AM »

listen again!

i actually was shocked the first time i listened, actually the first few times but now i like it

i mean this is just experimental, in concert they will keep playing it the old way, this was just something new for them to try, since they had to do a greatest hits they wanted it to be different which i think is cool

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2003, 12:00:19 PM »

I want to buy it, I heard they took off the 2 new songs that were supposed to be included in the 14 song set. It's now a 12 song set of all redone hits.... anyone own it or anything, it came out today.

I think it will be alright. I'm a little skeptical, I'm a big Bon JOvi fan.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2003, 05:48:40 PM »

I like Bon Jovi but this last album is the biggest pile of wank i have ever bought.

Im considering taking it back so i can go and buy 2 second hand cd's that will benefit me(as in listening more than once).

Sorry D, but its just the way i feel.

If bon Jovi Were to all relieve themselves and into a tissue and put it into a cd case and call it the greatest shots it will still sell.

Just another money making idea by bon Jovi.

E-Hogg
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2003, 05:57:36 PM »

I like Bon Jovi but this last album is the biggest pile of wank i have ever bought.

Im considering taking it back so i can go and buy 2 second hand cd's that will benefit me(as in listening more than once).

Sorry D, but its just the way i feel.

If bon Jovi Were to all relieve themselves and into a tissue and put it into a cd case and call it the greatest shots it will still sell.

Just another money making idea by bon Jovi.

E-Hogg

im a little bumbed they excluded the two new songs myself, i didnt buy it first day out, "first bon jovi cd i havent"

being a member of the american xs bon jovi club i got to listen to 8 of the songs and i wish i hadnt

if something similiar comes up where i can hear Chinese democracy in advance im gonna pass, it just ruins the surprise

i ordered my new bon jovi off of the tv commercial simply cause i get a dvd with 6 live performances diamond ring *which is rarely  performed, and blood on blood are amongst the 6 on there, so i bought it for the dvd

the cd is very different the songs sound weird

basically jon fucked up when he wrote "always" and he wrote it way to high for his voice, so the new version basically lowers it so he can sing it consistently

my fav is "its my life" or "you give love a bad name"

if anyone has seen "kill bill" you give love a bad name now sounds like that nancy sinatra "bang bang" song that is played at the beginning of kill bill, so its pretty cool

cd is strange, im hoping for a good debut and im hoping it doesnt hurt or damage my co fav bands career any

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2003, 06:37:31 PM »

D,

It wont damage them in anyway, this is Bon jovi we are speaking about.

As much as i hate to say it, they are always gonna sell albums as they have a large die hard nucleus of fans who will but,buy,buy.

I wasnt gonna buy it, i was just in a happy mood and i saw it sitting there in sainsburys on Monday evening so i bought it.

Its shit, the best song on there as you quite rightly stated is "Its My Life" but still that aint super!?!

As for putting Diamond Ring on the DVD that totally sux as its Bon Jovis worst ever song and the only let down song off my fave Jovi album "These Days".

E-Hogg
Axls_redhead_angel
Rocker

I'm Fiery...

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2003, 09:20:16 PM »

Bon Jovi is a good band...  : ok:I like a lot of their old stuff, I don't like their newer stuff as much.

My faves are:
Wanted Dead or Alive, Always, I'll Be There For You, and Someday I'll be Saturday Night.

I see the storm is getting closer
And the waves they get so high
Seems everything we've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die?
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2003, 05:18:26 AM »

Bon Jovi is a good band...  : ok:I like a lot of their old stuff, I don't like their newer stuff as much.

My faves are:
Wanted Dead or Alive, Always, I'll Be There For You, and Someday I'll be Saturday Night.

Same with me. I remembered when I was younger (now 21), they were one of my favourite bands. Bon Jovi rocked, and ritchie Sambora played with the guitar like hell. old songs, I miss their good rock songs..Bon jovi's new shit doesn't impress me much, but I have to give the points to them just being there and still playing. that's great!
BabyJenks
Biker babe
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2003, 03:40:03 PM »

i grew up on Bon Jovi and G N' R.   G N'R has something i can't explain and i still like Bon Jovi.  i have Crossroads in my CD player currently.  Bon Jovi is still a great band in their own right, at least they still have it together. ok
i miss the old guns soooo bad. crying
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: