Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Disturbed Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disturbed Thread  (Read 28397 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »

DISTURBED has entered a Chicago studio to begin recording its fourth album, the follow-up to 2005's platinum-certified "Ten Thousand Fists". The band, which features vocalist David Draiman, guitarist Dan Donegan, drummer Mike Wengren, and bassist John Moyer, has chosen to produce the album itself. The as-yet-untitled CD will be released by Reprise Records in the spring of 2008.

According to Draiman, the forthcoming album "seems to have taken on a darker character than the previous albums. It's more furiously paced and complex." He continues, "producing the record ourselves has been a learning experience that will serve the record well."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »

down with the sickness is one of the best songs when you're reaally really really angry, frustrated and all kinds of those feelings headbanger
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »

Disturbed Digs Deep On 'Brutal' New Album

Heavy, dark and "pissed-off" are the operative terms for Disturbed's new album, according to frontman David Draiman. Draiman tells Billboard.com that the quartet is about 12 songs into the set, which Disturbed is producing itself in Chicago.

Tentatively titled "Indestructible," it's due out in the spring of 2008 via Warner Bros. "We're probably going to track 15 (songs), and we'll put 12 on the record," Draiman says.

The album's tone, he adds, is directly inspired by "a f*cked-up couple of years" in his personal life -- including a motorcycle accident, a garage fire that destroyed his truck and motorcycle, and "a number of bad relationships."

"When we first discussed what we were going to be shooting for, vibe-wise, on the record," Draiman recalls, "I said, 'Guys, listen, my head is in a really in a f*cked-up place. Give me the nastiest, darkest, most brutal sh*t you can throw at me, and I'll write to it.'"

His bandmates delivered. "Mikey (Wengren, Disturbed's drummer) is playing faster and more furiously than ever, with more polysyncopation. Danny (Donegan) is soloing even more frequently, and the riffs are just brutal and honest and dark.

"It still has those big, melodic elements that were brought out" on Disturbed's last two albums, "but it seems to hearken more to the extra syncopation and added rhythms and the dark, primal nature" of 2000's "The Sickness," he observes.

Some of the songs Draiman expects to be on "Indestructible" include "The Night," "Inside the Fire," "Deceiver," "Run," "Enough" and "Tom." The group has also recorded a version of Faith No More's "Midlife Crisis" but isn't sure if it will make the final cut or not.

"This Moment," Disturbed's contribution to the "Transformers" soundtrack, will definitely not appear on the new album, according to Draiman.

Touring will follow the new album's release, with Draiman predicting a run of European festivals first -- although it might be preceded by a short promotional trip through North America. There will also be a Music As a Weapon IV tour during the cycle, though the timing for that has not yet been determined.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »

Slipknot, Disturbed Set For Rockstar Tour

Slipknot and Disturbed will hit the road this summer on the first ever Rockstar Mayhem tour, Billboard.com has learned. The outing, sponsored by Rockstar Energy drink, will run in July and August, with additional artists and dates to be announced.

Rockstar Mayhem is being assembled by Vans Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman and John Reese, Lyman's partner on the Taste of Chaos tour.

Slipknot will be out in support of its new Roadunner album, expected in August. Disturbed's new album, "Indestructible," is due in May.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »

The Pulse of Radio reports that DISTURBED has set June 3 as the release date for its fourth studio album, "Indestructible", and has also revealed the dates and venues for a short U.S. tour that will offer fans a preview of the upcoming disc. The first single from the record, called "Inside The Fire", will be sent to radio stations across the country on March 24. The band has been hinting in interviews that this is its heaviest CD yet, and singer David Draiman told The Pulse of Radio that he hasn't changed his opinion. "This record is definitely a very ferocious record," he said. "It has a lot of textures to it. It is certainly the darkest one that we've seen in quite some time. It's the darkest and heaviest since (debut album) 'The Sickness', there's no question about it. And it takes it past 'The Sickness' on a number of different levels."

Confirmed DISTURBED tour dates:

April 27 - Wichita, KS - The Cotillion
April 29 - Amarillo, TX - Aztec Music Hall
April 30 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's
May 02 - Springfield, MO - Shrine Mosque
May 05 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues
May 06 - Charlotte, NC - Amos'Southend
May 08 - Orlando, FL - House of Blues
May 09 - Birmingham, AL - Sloss Furnace
May 11 - Richmond, VA - The National
May 12 - Louisville, KY - Coyote's
May 17 - Columbus, OH - Columbus Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range)

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »

fucking great, i'll check this album out, by the end of the year it might be among the best IMO
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »

so far the new albums kicking my ass.

the single is the weakest track off the album so far, bad choice for a single. The other songs are much harder.

Its got that typical disturbed sound because of his vocals, but the riffs are better, n the guitar solos are better.

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 03:46:56 AM »

haven't heard anything except for the single but I'll be buying the album Tuesday.   I saw them a couple years back, great band. 
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

still haven't heard all of the new album Tongue

a good friend of mine is seeing them this week at sweden rock festival
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 06:36:14 AM »

i've been enjoying it ever since Tuesday.  beer   definitely worth the 10 bucks at best buy.   its about on par with 10,000 fists, so if you liked that album you'll probably like this.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

i've been enjoying it ever since Tuesday.  beer   definitely worth the 10 bucks at best buy.   its about on par with 10,000 fists, so if you liked that album you'll probably like this.
I picked it up yesterday and thought the last couple tracks were the strongest.  Although maybe I was just in a more rocking mood at that time.  First listens are always tough to judge.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »

I picked it up yesterday and thought the last couple tracks were the strongest.  Although maybe I was just in a more rocking mood at that time.  First listens are always tough to judge.

yea my first listen i was kind of scratching my head and didn't know what to think.    It took a few listens.
badapple81
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

down with the sickness is one of the best songs when you're reaally really really angry, frustrated and all kinds of those feelings headbanger

First song I ever heard of theirs. I was instantly impressed. I must admit, I haven't been able to catch much other stuff yet.

Love that song  ok

Any other songs I should listen out for?
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 12:08:55 AM »

Sons of Plunder

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »

First song I ever heard of theirs. I was instantly impressed. I must admit, I haven't been able to catch much other stuff yet.

Love that song  ok

do a search on youtube and you'll find a lot of good metal songs.
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 01:10:32 AM »

Or buy Indestructible

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 02:17:02 AM »

Love that song  ok

Stupify was the song that got me into Disturbed.  The Sickness was a great album.  They haven't been able to match that effort since in my opinion.  But they still put out quality music.  Stupify though is one of my favorite songs of the last decade.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 02:24:19 AM »

Or buy Indestructible

yup got it the day it came out and it hasn't left the cd player in my car yet.  ok
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »

Love that song  ok

Stupify was the song that got me into Disturbed.  The Sickness was a great album.  They haven't been able to match that effort since in my opinion.  But they still put out quality music.  Stupify though is one of my favorite songs of the last decade.

the sickness is easily their best, that's a bad ass album
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »

Saw them play on Monday night in London and they were awesome.  Wasn't familiar with their stuff before, but was VERY impressed!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: